The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The "I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2" thread

I don't think I have much problem with the glasses. But hey at least he acted geeky and shy and awkward

I have a Countdown app on my iPod Touch and it says there's 15 days left for us so yeah. :p
I guess it's only fair that we have to wait a little longer seeing as we got the film released in cinemas before everyone else.

tumblr_md9ji9sWlB1qza63fo1_500.gif

I'll still check Tesco on Tuesday in case :(

The best Spider-Man move ever brought to the big screen.

The only thing that sucks is Gwen death,besides that everything is almost perfect.

Besides Dane :o

The best Spider-Man move ever brought to the big screen.

The only thing that sucks is Gwen death,besides that everything is almost perfect.

Besides Dane :o

Gwen's death was hilarious... they way she bounced made me LOL!

Other than Emma Stone, everything was perfect.

Gwen's death was hilarious... they way she bounced made me LOL!

Other than Emma Stone, everything was perfect.
O_O
Oh no you didn't :nono:

Great thread though, I love just about everything about this movie. This is easily my number one comic book movie there is, followed closely by TASM. I don't have many problems with it at all and I think it's gonna be hard to top it in the next one. Especially with the lack of Emma Stone as Gwen (though her death was done well). :csad:

I don't have many problems with it at all and I think it's gonna be hard to top it in the next one. Especially with the lack of Emma Stone as Gwen (though her death was done well). :csad:

That's really something I'm interested in seeing as well. Andrew and Emma have been the focal point of the series, and their roles have really been the gel that's held it together so far.

I'm interested to see how everything plays out in TASM3 without her, and whether or not whoever is casted as MJ can deliver the same performance.

That's really something I'm interested in seeing as well. Andrew and Emma have been the focal point of the series, and their roles have really been the gel that's held it together so far.

I'm interested to see how everything plays out in TASM3 without her, and whether or not whoever is casted as MJ can deliver the same performance.

That's the thing I like the most about them killing Gwen off, because it was the focal point of the series, and because Emma and Andrew had such great chemistry, it makes it all the more tragic and more daring on the part of the producers.

It's like when I hear people say they disagreed with it because they felt that the two could have gotten so much more mileage... Yeah they could've, but that's the point of her death, it literally brings just this sudden stop (or should that be *snap*) to anything they were and could be, which is why it works so well. Had it played out when they were played out, well I don't think half as many people would've cared.

That's the thing I like the most about them killing Gwen off, because it was the focal point of the series, and because Emma and Andrew had such great chemistry, it makes it all the more tragic and more daring on the part of the producers.

It's like when I hear people say they disagreed with it because they felt that the two could have gotten so much more mileage... Yeah they could've, but that's the point of her death, it literally brings just this sudden stop (or should that be *snap*) to anything they were and could be, which is why it works so well. Had it played out when they were played out, well I don't think half as many people would've cared.

Well said.

A lot of people criticizing the film have said it was a dumb move to kill off Gwen, considering how vital she was to the series; but I disagree. Her importance and the abrupt nature of her end is what amplified the magnitude of her death. In fact, I can't remember the last time I knew a particular scene was going to happen in a film and it still had an effect on me as a viewer.

Sort of on a side note, but Andrew and Emma are amazing together. I really hope they're a Hollywood couple that makes it work in the long run. It would be nice to see them on screen together again in the future.

Last edited:
Well said.

A lot of people criticizing the film have said it was a dumb move to kill off Gwen, considering how vital she was to the series; but I disagree. Her importance and the abrupt nature of her end is what amplified that magnitude of her death. In fact, I can't remember the last time I knew a particular scene was going to happen in a film and it still had an effect on me as a viewer.

Sort of on a side note, but Andrew and Emma are amazing together. I really hope they're a Hollywood couple that makes it work in the long run. It would be nice to see them on screen together again in the future.

I agree, the "shoehorning in" of the Goblin also worked well towards that too, how it seems like it's gonna be a happy ending, you've almost forgotten about Harry's transformation and then BAM! Laughter, "I'm gonna take away yours", smash, thwip, snap, gone. I absolutely loved that in a morbid sort of way because it just worked so perfectly because Goblin was only in it for five minutes to do that.

Man I love this film!

Yeah I agree, they're awesome together. That being said, it does annoy me in interviews when the host tries to bring it up, and then gets defensive when Andrew and Emma refuse to discuss it. I always want to say to the interviewer at that point; dude, they've said so many times they keep their relationship private, so don't bring it up with them in the first place!

tumblr_md9ji9sWlB1qza63fo1_500.gif

I'll still check Tesco on Tuesday in case :(

lol, well, I think there is the digital release on iTunes unless you're like me and would rather not "cheat" and just wait to have the physical copy.

lol, well, I think there is the digital release on iTunes unless you're like me and would rather not "cheat" and just wait to have the physical copy.

Yeah I want my physical copy, I don't really feel like I own it until I can open a physical case and put the physical disc in my Blu-Ray player

I agree, the "shoehorning in" of the Goblin also worked well towards that too, how it seems like it's gonna be a happy ending, you've almost forgotten about Harry's transformation and then BAM! Laughter, "I'm gonna take away yours", smash, thwip, snap, gone. I absolutely loved that in a morbid sort of way because it just worked so perfectly because Goblin was only in it for five minutes to do that.

Man I love this film!

Yeah I agree, they're awesome together. That being said, it does annoy me in interviews when the host tries to bring it up, and then gets defensive when Andrew and Emma refuse to discuss it. I always want to say to the interviewer at that point; dude, they've said so many times they keep their relationship private, so don't bring it up with them in the first place!

That's what I'm talking about!

A lot of people see it as the lack of development and rushing of the character, and I still think Harry wasn't perfect; however, I would be lying to you if I told you I didn't forget about Harry turning into the Goblin at the end. I remember when Harry came as Goblin out of nowhere, I was thinking, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy."

Also, I think the general audience didn't expect Gwen to die. When she was falling, my girlfriend whispered, "Boo-hoo, we know he's going to save her." I turned towards her at the end and smiled :oldrazz:

In regards to their relationship, I have certainly noticed that in interviews and it annoys me how two celebrities just can't be left alone anymore. Their privacy also makes me admire them for being mature. I think a few months ago they bought a $2M house in California, so it's looking up for them right now :up:

Yeah I want my physical copy, I don't really feel like I own it until I can open a physical case and put the physical disc in my Blu-Ray player

I feel the same way, even when it comes to the comics.

That's what I'm talking about!

A lot of people see it as the lack of development and rushing of the character, and I still think Harry wasn't perfect; however, I would be lying to you if I told you I didn't forget about Harry turning into the Goblin at the end. I remember when Harry came as Goblin out of nowhere, I was thinking, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy."

Also, I think the general audience didn't expect Gwen to die. When she was falling, my girlfriend whispered, "Boo-hoo, we know he's going to save her." I turned towards her at the end and smiled :oldrazz:

In regards to their relationship, I have certainly noticed that in interviews and it annoys me how two celebrities just can't be left alone anymore. Their privacy also makes me admire them for being mature. I think a few months ago they bought a $2M house in California, so it's looking up for them right now :up:

I feel the same way, even when it comes to the comics.

I was 50/50 whether they would actually kill her until she was falling in slo-mo... I'd been quite good at avoiding spoilers and stuff, so I only had my own initiative to go on, and while on the one hand they'd teased it to high heaven and she was in the costume, on the other hand I was like "Would they really have the guts?" because of the fact as everyone's said their relationship is one of the best aspects of this series.

Because of that I was tense as hell watching that fight, I was with some friends and my grandfather (he's 67 and loves comic book movies so I always go see them with him at some point) and he actually tapped me on the shoulder when she died and said "This is really sad, why didn't you warn me it was going to happen?"

Yeah I heard about that, best of luck to them both and I hope eventually the media gets the message too :p

Again, same, except I always hold out until I can pick up the trade paperback

I was 50/50 whether they would actually kill her until she was falling in slo-mo... I'd been quite good at avoiding spoilers and stuff, so I only had my own initiative to go on, and while on the one hand they'd teased it to high heaven and she was in the costume, on the other hand I was like "Would they really have the guts?" because of the fact as everyone's said their relationship is one of the best aspects of this series.

Because of that I was tense as hell watching that fight, I was with some friends and my grandfather (he's 67 and loves comic book movies so I always go see them with him at some point) and he actually tapped me on the shoulder when she died and said "This is really sad, why didn't you warn me it was going to happen?"

Yeah I heard about that, best of luck to them both and I hope eventually the media gets the message too :p

I really wish I had done that, but it was almost impossible to avoid spoilers for this film. Literally the first comment under every trailer on YouTube was "Gwen dies" or something along the lines of that. I knew, but I was still too focused on the Electro fight to worry about it. And as I mentioned, it still had an emotional impact on me; the execution was impeccable.

If it had an effect on me even though I knew the result, I can only imagine how I would have felt not knowing. I actually regret that now the more I think about it. I must say though, it sounds like you have an awesome grandfather and I hope you two get to enjoy many comic book movies ahead :up:

What are some trade paperbacks that you have? I have a few as well for some series I enjoyed more than others, but once a month or so I like to go to my local comic shop and pick up a few issues just to expand my collection.

Agree to this :up:

Man..so good to have a thread like this.

There was a guy in the theater who laughed when Gwen hit the ground and was dead. I was like REALLY bro? But then again, people were looking at me weird when I laughed at Talia's death in Dark Knight Rises.

I know who probably was..

Some people are weird.

Speaking of that scene I really like this shot:
gtQUOj5h.jpg

Even not liking to watch this scene I gotta say Marc nailed everything about it.

Best movie of the Summer.

In my top 5 superhero movies of all-time.

Loved this movie to death and don't care who knows it.

To all of those who don't know where Electro's suit came from:

clfy9G0.jpg

4dsgsU4.jpg

Watching the special features on the Blu and the music part is so great.

I am so happy with the Dub-Step and "vocals" they picked for Electro.

I am even more happy Zimmer chose to go with an iconic "fanfare" for the Spider-Man theme.

It really gives you goosebumps when it bookends the film.

I really hope he goes with another "fanfare" trumpet theme for the Justice League theme. I am just a huge sucker for that stuff. It won't work for just Superman or Batman, but the entire JL it would be great for.

I really enjoyed this and ASM 1 and they are my preferred Spider-Man films.

Andrew is Peter Parker/Spider-Man for me.

Emma was a superb co star and Gwen.

the Spider-Man movements, swinging, everything were in fact Amazing and captured him like never before.

I enjoyed the modern updated Peter Parker look and character, Peter hasnt been the "nerd" for over 30 years. No reason for him NOT to be modern,etc.

I really only wish they would have held off on the gwen/goblin story till part three then pay everything off with Spider-Man vs Sinister Six in part 4. To me that would have been the right way to go and made part 2 even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"