The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The "I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2" thread

Yeah, Max's mom was like an Eddie Murphy movie (the bad ones), the alternate way of Peter to found out about Gwen's going to the airport is goofy, and the coroner that gets fried by Electro is plain ridiculous, Dr. Kafka level. And the alternate "I'm dying" confession of Harry to Peter is...weird, I don't know what is strange about it. Although, the part where Oscorp is watching Peter is pretty cool, along with the Goblin attack to Oscorp.

I kind of like "Peter finds his dad", but it would ruin the ending pacing and thematically wise, so I'm glad it's not in the final cut.

I feel like Max's scene would have been great if it wasn't as silly as they showed it to be. I don't know, his mom just wasn't believable to me.

Aunt May telling Peter to chase Gwen was essential, in my opinion. It brings up the theme of time again (even though it may have been slightly redundant), but it shows May inspiring Peter to take an affirmative action.

I'm glad te coroner was left out, too. It looked like a scene from a silly Nickelodeon or Disney show aimed at kids.

I'm not sure if I've seen the alternate scene of Harry revealing to Peter he's dying. That's surprising, actually, since I thought I had seen every deleted scene (I own the DVD). Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly but I'll go back and check it out.

Oscorp's surveillance of Peter was interesting. I really hope we at least scratch the surface of that in S6, as presumably all of the villains will have known about Peter for quite some time now (it's supposed to be a "redemption" story.)

Goblin's attack on Oscorp would have been beneficial as well. It kind of builds some anticipation for Goblin eventually attacking Peter and Gwen, and in general just looked great onscreen.

Thanks for the explanations, I was just curious to hear your insights :yay:

I feel like Max's scene would have been great if it wasn't as silly as they showed it to be. I don't know, his mom just wasn't believable to me.

Aunt May telling Peter to chase Gwen was essential, in my opinion. It brings up the theme of time again (even though it may have been slightly redundant), but it shows May inspiring Peter to take an affirmative action.

I'm glad te coroner was left out, too. It looked like a scene from a silly Nickelodeon or Disney show aimed at kids.

I'm not sure if I've seen the alternate scene of Harry revealing to Peter he's dying. That's surprising, actually, since I thought I had seen every deleted scene (I own the DVD). Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly but I'll go back and check it out.

Oscorp's surveillance of Peter was interesting. I really hope we at least scratch the surface of that in S6, as presumably all of the villains will have known about Peter for quite some time now (it's supposed to be a "redemption" story.)

Goblin's attack on Oscorp would have been beneficial as well. It kind of builds some anticipation for Goblin eventually attacking Peter and Gwen, and in general just looked great onscreen.

Thanks for the explanations, I was just curious to hear your insights :yay:

Yeah I wonder if thee oscorp thing will come back at some point and yeah the electro's mom thing I think it was a great idea to cut that. A lot of people already complain the movie is to chessy and that was much more chessy then any thing we even got in the movie.

Yeah I wonder if thee oscorp thing will come back at some point and yeah the electro's mom thing I think it was a great idea to cut that. A lot of people already complain the movie is to chessy and that was much more chessy then any thing we even got in the movie.

Well, it definitely should.

My only logical assumption for them cutting that out is because they planned on introducing and revealing that later.

If they just never even bother mentioning it again, including it in the trailers was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a studio do.

I hope they learn that mistake for the sinister six, the female spin-off, venom, and the amazing spider-man 3 even giving creators like Marc Webb and drew Goddard some creative freedom including hiring a great director for the female spin-off and a great writer that everyone outside of the studio loves like the skyfall writers or the red riding trilogy writer

Newsflash Spider-Knight;

Maybe its all not Sony's fault and Webb is just a bad director?

If you dislike the movie it might not just be sony at fault

I think we should wait and see how the SS film is going to turn out. If half of the movie is left on the cutting room floor again, we'll know who to blame.

I think we should wait and see how the SS film is going to turn out. If half of the movie is left on the cutting room floor again, we'll know who to blame.

I wish it was somehow coming out next year :csad:

Newsflash Spider-Knight;

Dude, I don't despise the movie. In just disappointed by it. There are parts that I like like the opening, the graduation kiss, Peter and Gwen, aunt may telling Peter about her feelings, the final fight, time square, spiderman, and a few other but there are others that I didn't like like Max dillon, Richard Parker, Harry and Pete's small chemistry, the morgue, the power plant fight, how he builds his web shooters, etc.

I don't think Webb is a bad director but he could use a hand like say drew Goddard.

Newsflash Spider-Knight;

We will never now for sure but I do agree with spider-knight that a lot of it is sony's fault has there is so much cut form the movie and almost ever thing cut form the movie complete fix and elemonats the movies problems or greatly imporves them. I find it hard to believe that just the director would cut so much from the movie. Even sm 3 had to much form the movie and that was with out web. I think it is a combantion of sony and web but more sony.

I hope most of the stuff is not on the cutting room floor. I want the sinister six to be great and I also would like to see andrew garfield as Peter and spiderman in the movie. It makes no sense for him not to be there.

I also heard that Drew Goddard might have creative freedom. So I hope to see some more good news about the sinister six, the female spin-off and TASM 3

I hope most of the stuff is not on the cutting room floor. I want the sinister six to be great and I also would like to see andrew garfield as Peter and spiderman in the movie. It makes no sense for him not to be there.

I also heard that Drew Goddard might have creative freedom. So I hope to see some more good news about the sinister six, the female spin-off and TASM 3

I hope he gets creative freedom because if he dose I think the movie will be good. I wonder how much longer before we get some news about the sinister six like casting and stuff.

Newsflash Spider-Knight;

This is true, but I do feel like Sony acted as a sellout throughout the movie by making it (in some sense) a giant advertisement for their electronic products. I did watch a featurette on YouTube earlier today were Webb mentioned that he wanted to create a world where the kids and teenagers in the film were up to date with electronics and that there was evidence of new technology everywhere, which could support your opinion that it wasn't all Sony's fault and that Webb had something to do with it. Through and through, I do feel like Sony was a little overkill with the product advertisement in the long run.

This is true, but I do feel like Sony acted as a sellout throughout the movie by making it (in some sense) a giant advertisement for their electronic products. I did watch a featurette on YouTube earlier today were Webb mentioned that he wanted to create a world where the kids and teenagers in the film were up to date with electronics and that there was evidence of new technology everywhere, which could support your opinion that it wasn't all Sony's fault and that Webb had something to do with it. Through and through, I do feel like Sony was a little overkill with the product advertisement in the long run.

So. Many. SONY. Products. :o (<< My initial thought when watching TASM2 for the first time)

By the idea of new technology you mean.....?

I think they mentioned this in a BTS video for TASM; like with the Oscorp hologram things that you can touch and move around, like in the Iron Man films.

Newsflash Spider-Knight;

Oh BRAB...you entertain me :lmao:

Webb certainly isn't a bad director. (500) DoS speaks for itself.

He may however not have been the right man for ASM2.

I think Webb isn't really at home with these huge productions. (500) Days of Summer is still better than both his Spidey films IMO.

Most definitely. (500) DoS is great.

I wish he'd just return to making those kinds of movies.

I actually watched TASM1 before 500 Days of Summer . It's definitely up there with some of the better movies I've seen recently.

I understood why Webb took the Peter/Gwen route more after watching it.

Figured I would ask here, but does anyone know the music playing in the "Peter meets his father" scene? The one before the Gray Havens from LOTR starts.

I actually watched TASM1 before 500 Days of Summer . It's definitely up there with some of the better movies I've seen recently.

I understood why Webb took the Peter/Gwen route more after watching it.

And he nailed it :up:

The movie centered around Gwen's character and I gotta say that her death adaptation was incredible well done and emotionally. Even more than ASM #121.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"