The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The "I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2" thread

There was a guy in the theater who laughed when Gwen hit the ground and was dead. I was like REALLY bro? But then again, people were looking at me weird when I laughed at Talia's death in Dark Knight Rises.

Her death was actually funny though, so sudden, one of the worst movie deaths I've seen, haha. :oldrazz:

Gwen's on the other hand... I get sad even thinking about it... :csad: *punches wall to feel manly again*

To all of those who don't know where Electro's suit came from:

clfy9G0.jpg

4dsgsU4.jpg

From the deleted scenes? Nice spot btw!
Are the deleted scenes in HD or SD?

Rewatched it. Still love it overall. Gwen and Peter's stuff is the best.

Nope they were in the movie. When Harry breaks into Ravencroft.

HD. :yay:

Oh while I didn't notice that. I have seen the movie 3 times all in theaters has I haven't had a changes to watch the movie yet on dvd and I didn't see that.

I thought it was blatantly obvious where electro gets his suit from. *shrug* Worked well for me.

I really wish I had done that, but it was almost impossible to avoid spoilers for this film. Literally the first comment under every trailer on YouTube was "Gwen dies" or something along the lines of that. I knew, but I was still too focused on the Electro fight to worry about it. And as I mentioned, it still had an emotional impact on me; the execution was impeccable.

If it had an effect on me even though I knew the result, I can only imagine how I would have felt not knowing. I actually regret that now the more I think about it. I must say though, it sounds like you have an awesome grandfather and I hope you two get to enjoy many comic book movies ahead :up:

What are some trade paperbacks that you have? I have a few as well for some series I enjoyed more than others, but once a month or so I like to go to my local comic shop and pick up a few issues just to expand my collection.

Saw it on the Wednesday (16th April) it opened here so I was in one of the first ever general screenings, therefore no one could spoil it for me :oldrazz:

My grandad is awesome! He loves the MCU films best though because of how they're all connected.

I've got all 22 volumes of first run USM, plus "Death of Spider-Man". From 616 I've got "Birth of Venom", "Civil War", "Civil War: Spider-Man", "New Ways to Die", "Spider-Island", "Flying Blind", "Ends of the Earth", and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Saw it on the Wednesday (16th April) it opened here so I was in one of the first ever general screenings, therefore no one could spoil it for me :oldrazz:

My grandad is awesome! He loves the MCU films best though because of how they're all connected.

I've got all 22 volumes of first run USM, plus "Death of Spider-Man". From 616 I've got "Birth of Venom", "Civil War", "Civil War: Spider-Man", "New Ways to Die", "Spider-Island", "Flying Blind", "Ends of the Earth", and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Wow, lucky you!

That's just epic, man. I still can't get over how cool that is :woot: I took my dad once as well but he fell asleep in the middle (probably because of his medication). I'm the only die-hard Spider-Man fan in my family, there's only a few other cousins of mine who generally like him.

That's pretty impressive :up: I only got around to collecting trade paperbacks this year so I got a couple relating to the movie: Spider-Man Blue and Death of the Stacys. Then I picked up Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man volumes 1-3, since I've recently wanted to go back and read from the start. Other than that, I have nearly a hundred comics or so, and many that I have yet to even read. Hopefully by next year I'll be able to tell you about an updated library :word:

I am incredibly happy to see this thread rise up. In my opinion there is far too much hatred for the Webb Spider-man movies and not enough credit given for all of the strengths of the movies.

Thank you for creating this thread.

I thought it was blatantly obvious where electro gets his suit from. *shrug* Worked well for me.

I thought it was hilarious after he was released by Harry that when we reappeared he was wearing underwear. Didn't make me hate the movie or that scene, just made me chuckle.

I said it the first time, I'll said it forever.

This is my favourite Spider-Man movie (or tied with SM1), and Marc Webb goes places Raimi can only imagine.

There's also Dr.Kafka and some weird as **** deleted scenes that makes me unconfortable, but thank god they weren't in the final product. It's not perfect.

I said it the first time, I'll said it forever.

This is my favourite Spider-Man movie (or tied with SM1), and Marc Webb goes places Raimi can only imagine.

There's also Dr.Kafka and some weird as **** deleted scenes that makes me unconfortable, but thank god they weren't in the final product. It's not perfect.

Same, everything they got about Spidey's personality was spot on and I just wish the Raimi trilogy had more of that but SM1 did give us, IMO, Spider-Man at his best out of those 3 films.

Can you elaborate on which deleted scenes, specifically?

Can you elaborate on which deleted scenes, specifically?
Yeah, Max's mom was like an Eddie Murphy movie (the bad ones), the alternate way of Peter to found out about Gwen's going to the airport is goofy, and the coroner that gets fried by Electro is plain ridiculous, Dr. Kafka level. And the alternate "I'm dying" confession of Harry to Peter is...weird, I don't know what is strange about it. Although, the part where Oscorp is watching Peter is pretty cool, along with the Goblin attack to Oscorp.

I kind of like "Peter finds his dad", but it would ruin the ending pacing and thematically wise, so I'm glad it's not in the final cut.

I don't see how Peter finding out Gwen was going to the airport goofey and I don't see what is so weird about Harry telling Peter that he's dying

I don't see how Peter finding out Gwen was going to the airport goofey and I don't see what is so weird about Harry telling Peter that he's dying

Yeah I don't get how the airport thing is googey at all. I think it was a great sence that should have stated in the movie has it was a nice thing to see with peter and his ant expecial with people saying that he cares about his parents more then his ant and unlce.

So I watched the dvd comatry for the first time today and was trying to type what I thought about it and what I found interesting about it. I only got about 33% of what I type to work because of my crap intrenet and I don't wont to have to do it over again but yeah this was my thoughts.

The last 3red of the movie. They said there was a longer sence about the disse and about the goblin and spider man or something when peter finds the truth about how peters dad loves him and wasn't a spy and was trying to save him. The talked about how when harry helps electro excape they talked about what would electro where and they where saying that the movie has to be pg 13 and we don't need to see to much lol. They said they had to pay for the right to have harry do the jeaperde thing with the bones Round thing. They talked about harry bloming up the oscrop thing and how there was already a lot going on in the thired act and a lot of action nice excuse lol. No way that should have been cut form the movie. They talked about playing that gween would die in the last act of the movie if only the trailers didn't bascily show her die lol. They said at one point thee planes thing at the end was almost taken out. I think it was great idea to leve that end has it made the stakes bigger. They said the part during the power plant fight where peter seens gweens death they wanted to hit home that this was peters biggest fear that gween was now in derect harms way that he had put her in danger like he was ****ed would happen. They talked about at the end when gween dies that they had to show that early and make sure that it was offise enough that she died and they said they had to make sure it wasn't to grumsium. They said at first it wasn't office enough that she died with the first version. They said they asked people if they would take there kids to this movie and one parent said that it yes that you are going to have to loss people in your lifes and that this movie shows how you have to move on form that.

I have to say the comentary for this movie is pretty good. I wish that Andrew was on the comatry for the movie to though. Man I love this movie so much I don't know what movie ever one else saw but I must have seen a different movie. The more I watch this movie the more I love it. The special features on this movie are great 4.5-5 on the special features. Hopefully this movie real get a derectors cut at some point has most people that hate the movie would think it is at least ok if they didn't cut so much form the movie. Even watching the commentary you can tell form what they say that to much was cut form the movie and how most of the stuff that was cut would have either got ridge of the problems or greatly improved the problems. Know after watching the movie 5 times I still don't see the so called problems with the movie and with this movie being my 4th favorite CBM ever I am even leading towards uping the movie to being my 3erd favorite CBM ever it is just that great! With the stuff cut form the movie if it had been in the movie I think the movie could be right there with sm2 has the best spider man movie yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"