The Incredible Hulk: "begging for his life"...(wtf???)

Kirk Langstrom

FRANCINE!!!!
Reaction score
So, i've been reading Annihilation, and finally managed to set some time aside to look over that "Nova Corps Files", and kind of did a double take...

Under the entry for "Talos The Untamed", it claims this guy "once humbled Earth's Hulk in battle"... ok, fine and well. The Hulk's been beaten before, no biggie.

However, it goes on to say "the battle ended with The Hulk begging for his life"....

HUH? :huh:

I've never seen this issue before (ive only begun reading the book full time again since PAD left with Pak's recent revival...

He may have lost, but the Incredible Hulk doesnt beg. :cmad:

Can anyone give me anymore info on this?

According to the Marvel Appendix, it was an act:
Marvel Appendix said:
Confused as to why Talos would attack him, the Hulk initially tried to simply subdue Talos. Once Talos revealed his plight, the Hulk leapt from the battlefield, unwilling to murder the skrull. Talos attacked again, trying to taunt the Hulk into fighting back. Tempted to give the skrull what he wanted, but loathe to disappoint his bride (who had just begun to warm up to him), the Hulk feigned terror and begged the skrull to leave him alone.
He was trying to boost Talos' self-esteem. So the Hulk's not a *****, he's just an old softie. ;)

TheCorpulent1 said:
According to the Marvel Appendix, it was an act:

He was trying to boost Talos' self-esteem. So the Hulk's not a *****, he's just an old softie. ;)

Thanks Corp! You rule! :up:

The Nova Corps Files should have included that info though, dont you agree?

Aka, not awesome.

Actually, the Nova Corps. files would've only known what it had seen, and the observation would've been what the files had said.

CaptainStacy said:
Thanks Corp! You rule! :up:

The Nova Corps Files should have included that info though, dont you agree?
No problem. It seemed odd to me too, so I had to try and verify it. Alas, it's not valid, so I can't throw it in Hulk fanboys' faces for kicks, but it is a funny little factoid about the Hulk. :)

That said, I agree with MG. The Nova Files are supposed to be written from the perspective of the Worldmind, and the Worldmind would've probably only had reports of the incident to go on. I doubt it would've known that the Hulk was just faking.

Mistress Gluon said:
Aka, not awesome.

Actually, the Nova Corps. files would've only known what it had seen, and the observation would've been what the files had said.

I guess that's true.....

But the difference is, WE know the Hulk wouldn't get defeated by Talos. Talos is weaker, less durable, and not as quick to heal as the Hulk. Either way, who cares what the Nova Corps. think? They haven't done things right in a while, and now they're dead.

The Worldmind's an objective machine, so I guess it goes solely on empirical evidence. Talos did seem to stun the Hulk a little with his punches (probably just enough to annoy him rather than hurt him, but, again, it's the appearance that counts), and the Hulk did beg for his life. As Friday would say, the Worldmind wants "just the facts, ma'am."

(smile)
yes the hulk at his worst can be moved to kindness.

most current issue of planet hulk,
my favorite hulk / spiderman fight,
the last hulk thing fight.

CaptainStacy said:
So, i've been reading Annihilation,

Under the entry for "Talos The Untamed", it claims this guy "once humbled Earth's Hulk in battle"...

the Incredible Hulk doesnt beg. :cmad:

Indeed.The Hulk is one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe,this has to be some new writing.Another reason not to accept this as continunity.

Why does the Hulk have to be the single strongest in the MU? I mean, I'm content for him to simply be one of the strongest on Earth.

Cuz He's an iconic Character i guess.

I don't mind having him defined as the strongest, but in all truth he isn't.

I think Gladiator is as if not stronger.

Not to mention Thanos. So forth and so on.

gambitfire said:
Cuz He's an iconic Character i guess.

I don't mind having him defined as the strongest, but in all truth he isn't.

I think Gladiator is as if not stronger.

Not to mention Thanos. So forth and so on.

The Hulk gave Gladiator a massive butt-kicking though.

Think it was Hulk Annual '97 or '98.....

Thor's given Gladiator numerous beatdowns, too, and Thor's generally portrayed as weaker than the Hulk. Nostalgics beware: the star-crushing Gladiator of old is long gone. Not that I care, since I'm not a fan of the character.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Thor's given Gladiator numerous beatdowns, too, and Thor's generally portrayed as weaker than the Hulk. Nostalgics beware: the star-crushing Gladiator of old is long gone. Not that I care, since I'm not a fan of the character.

Which is sad because Gladiator could have always been more. I toss him in with the under utilized character pile. Guy's supposed to be (or was before Sentry) Marvel's Superman, and he gets a 2 page or so one sided beatdown from Hulk just to up Hulk's badassness. So I guess you can toss Gladiator in the pile of ppl who have been made to job to Hulk by writers with Juggernaut (who hasn't been the same since Hulk stopped him), adamantium (guess it is bendable now), watch out Sentry and Blob (if he still has powers) Hulk's looking at you guys next :).

Don't get me wrong, Hulk's a badass and I like the character, I just hate the cheapening of other characters for a cheap pop like that. There were ways for Juggs to get owned without being stopped, I think haven't unwritten Marvel rules like Juggs is unstoppable, Blob unmovable (not the ground under his feet tho :) ), and adamantium unbreakable only add to comics and to break them cheapens the rules of that comics world.

Edit - Glad to see Hulk didn't beg for his life (outside of sympathy), saw the topic and was a bit confused :).

FadingCB said:
Which is sad because Gladiator could have always been more. I toss him in with the under utilized character pile. Guy's supposed to be (or was before Sentry) Marvel's Superman, and he gets a 2 page or so one sided beatdown from Hulk just to up Hulk's badassness. So I guess you can toss Gladiator in the pile of ppl who have been made to job to Hulk by writers with Juggernaut (who hasn't been the same since Hulk stopped him), adamantium (guess it is bendable now), watch out Sentry and Blob (if he still has powers) Hulk's looking at you guys next :).

Don't get me wrong, Hulk's a badass and I like the character, I just hate the cheapening of other characters for a cheap pop like that. There were ways for Juggs to get owned without being stopped, I think haven't unwritten Marvel rules like Juggs is unstoppable, Blob unmovable (not the ground under his feet tho :) ), and adamantium unbreakable only add to comics and to break them cheapens the rules of that comics world.

Edit - Glad to see Hulk didn't beg for his life (outside of sympathy), saw the topic and was a bit confused :).

Hulk beat The Blob in Defenders #15....

CaptainStacy said:
Hulk beat The Blob in Defenders #15....

:( lol, wait beat is fine, but did he lift the blob? I know others have by lifting the ground under his feet, but he's supposed to be immovable from whatever surface he's touching. Oh well lol, as long as he doesn't own Gladia....Thor...Aunt Ma....Sentry? *whew* I'm fine :).

FadingCB said:
:( lol, wait beat is fine, but did he lift the blob? I know others have by lifting the ground under his feet, but he's supposed to be immovable from whatever surface he's touching. Oh well lol, as long as he doesn't own Gladia....Thor...Aunt Ma....Sentry? *whew* I'm fine :).

yes, Hulk "uprooted" him, lol.

CaptainStacy said:
yes, Hulk "uprooted" him, lol.
Hulk's also punched trhe Blob in the stomach sending flying several feet away KO'ing the Blob.

The Question said:
Why does the Hulk have to be the single strongest in the MU? I mean, I'm content for him to simply be one of the strongest on Earth.
...........cuz us Hulk fans like it that way!

bruce banner begging for his life perhaps but GREENSKIN? now THATS what i call out of character

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"