The Inevitable Barry Allen Recasting Thread

If they still want a black haired young energetic actor that has insane acting chops to be wasted as Barry Allen, Timothee Chalamet..
Good suggestion. But he's almost in the same acting group as Ezra and Dillane, young dark haired guys who's edgy.
Lucas Hedges is also a serious actor but he appears to be much lighter in comparison with them.
There's a wish that Barry Allen should be just that, lighter.
Going for the "beacon of hope" element from the series, which one of them could portray that version?
Ah, this is difficult… who is the best choice here?

I don't know if Lucas Hedges is interested in a project this big tbh
You could be right. Not just the scale, but bc it's superhero stuff. He may want to only do serious roles. Not saying comic book adaptions can't be more of serious kind, but you know what I mean.
George McKay perhaps want to stay away from the genre too.

We need to stray away from an Ezra Miller type for this. He was miscast in addition to being a bad fit for the role in regards to his real life behavior. Dark and serious is not the vibe.

George McKay, Lucas Hedges, and Chalamet feel like a step in the complete wrong direction. Those guys excel in deeply serious roles.

This movie should be in the same vein as Back to the Future or Shazam. Think a young Michael J Fox as the prototype. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is another good blueprint for this.

Jack Quaid is very obviously the best contender. He’s 27, and 6’1. He looks just like Barry and he has the right vibe. Good actor too. He can do drama and comedy very well.

Billy Magnussen would kill it but he just has this villainous look to him.

From what I've seen of Lucas Hedges, he has potential to play the character as he is written in Arrowverse.

I honestly think we need a more energetic and comedic Flash for the movie side.

I honestly think we need a more energetic and comedic Flash for the movie side.
Aren't you satisfied with the Grant Gustin version? Is he too serious for your taste?
Was the character better written in DCU?

Aren't you satisfied with the Grant Gustin version? Is he too serious for your taste?
Was the character better written in DCU?
I love Gustin’s take. I have to say, I’d like a more upbeat and comedic take in the movie though.
Basically Marty McFly as a superhero. The MCU Spider-Man should be an influence as well.

I feel like they tried to do that with Ezra but he just did such a terrible, cringy job. Dude is not good at comedy at all. Yikes. Every joke of his fell so flat in JL.

We need an upbeat, comedic Barry. Jack Quaid is really the guy. It feels obvious.
I like Quaid, but nope. Glen Powell is my choice. I still like Thomas Mann too.

tumblr_paw3jceKh31u0r4z4o1_250.gif

I love Gustin’s take. I have to say, I’d like a more upbeat and comedic take in the movie though.
Basically Marty McFly as a superhero. The MCU Spider-Man should be an influence as well.
It's better to tone down the comedic elements or else it would appear too silly.
Anything too similar to Marty would make me cringe in the seat.

A lighthearted comedy adventure that deals with time travel is exactly what they should go for and that’s what BTTF is. They should’ve kept the Game Night guys.

And I think they should go for an adventurous film that is lighter but not comedic.
The humour can some of the villains stand for, like Trickster. But having both him and Flash joke around will just be a mess. There must be one more straight faced one when they clash.

Andrew Garfield as Barry Allen/Flash or how about Lucas Till

to stray away from an Ezra Miller type for this. Hreal life behavior. Dark and serious is not the vibe.

This movie should be in the same vein as Back to the Future or Shazam. Think a young Michael J Fox as the prototype. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is another good blueprint for this.
I feel like Charlie Rowe fits your criteria. Rowe made the top four for Marvel's Spider-Man ultimately losing out to his friend Tom Holland.

Rowe played a younger version of Andre Garfield's character in Never Let Go.

Tg11: Between them, Lucas Till is the best choice.
Doubt Garfield ever want to play a major superhero again.

Tg11: Between them, Lucas Till is the best choice.
Doubt Garfield ever want to play a major superhero again.

Then Lucas Till would be the ideal choice but honestly my ideal choice...my pick I really want to see cast as the new Barry Allen to replace Ezra Miller is...

Jack Quaid son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan...Jack is a great actor in his own right separate from that of his parents especially if you watched him in Hunger Games

I don't remember him in Hunger Games.
My ideal choice is Lucas Hedges. Holy cr-p, if Warner Bros got it to do it... it would be amazing.
Till can be my 2nd. But I have to admit he can also be Elongated Man.

Both of them can do the whole beacon of hope persona very well. They have that vibe, and it's the right way for Flash.

I'm also against him for Flash. He tries too hard to be edgy, and also to play older than he is.
He left the clean cut persona over night when he did Kick Ass. Take a look at pictures before that.

However, if he had stayed that way longer, I would have accepted him as Barry Allen.

Last edited:
Lucas Till doesn’t have the charisma/personality IMO

Which is why I said I am still sticking with Jack Quaid because the more I thought about Lucas Till as Flash...I realized that it wouldn't work but with Jack Quaid he would be more of an ideal fit in the role when it comes to replacing Ezra Miller especially if you want someone to have a funny, sarcastic, awkward type personality that Ezra has given the character then Jack Quaid is your guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"