Homecoming The "I Hate Dylan O'Brien" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hated Garfield, hate O'Brien... yeah, I said it, so ****ing what?... :cmad:

I don't hate DOB, I just don't think he looks 15. If Marvel are going for a 15 year then cast someone that at least looks the part or simply change the age of the character. He doesn't 'have' to be 15. If O'Brien were cast I would probably just shrug.

I like O'Brien. I do. If he was casted as Spidey I would be fine.

What I don't like though, is the fact that some people think he's some godsend and that he's oh so very funny and charismatic. I hate that his fans can't take criticism.

O'Brien is a decent actor. He can pull of drama, he can be occasionally funny. But he isn't as great as many posters have said. I've watched his movie, saw a bit of Teen Wolf and checked out his interviews. I don't think he has natural humour, I think his dramatic acting has much to improve on, and I think him more smug than charismatic.

All of the above I just noticed when people started throwing him in my face. I guess a Thanks is due for that.

What I don't like though, is the fact that some people think he's some godsend and that he's oh so very funny and charismatic. I hate that his fans can't take criticism.

O'Brien is a decent actor. He can pull of drama, he can be occasionally funny. But he isn't as great as many posters have said. I've watched his movie, saw a bit of Teen Wolf and checked out his interviews. I don't think he has natural humour, I think his dramatic acting has much to improve on, and I think him more smug than charismatic.

All of the above I just noticed when people started throwing him in my face. I guess a Thanks is due for that.

I totally agree! :up:

It's the fangirls more than anything, honestly.

Oh, so blame the girls. :whatever:

(Honestly though, that reddit thread is shady as all get out. Every time someone uses the word "stan" or talks about shipping, my eyes roll further back into my head. Like, uh huh, you're totally not just an O'Brien fan first and foremost.)

As for my own thoughts on O'Brien, I'm just going to steal this quote from someone else:
I like O’Brien, I think he has potential to do well, but I don’t want to see him everywhere. His mannerisms are still too distinct, and he already has TMR series, he can rest on that for awhile without being in EVERYTHING. He’d be a cute Spiderman, maybe even step up and be a good one, but they could cast someone more interesting.

I was reading the first thread at work (it was a slow day!), and actually laughed when I saw this post. What happened?

What do you mean by smugness? Is it just his face rubbing you the wrong way, or is it something he said or did?

I go back and forth in liking him and disliking...if I had Two-Face's coin, I'd be sound in the finality!

I think it's because, mainly...

1) I had no idea who he was until he instantly proved to be the most popular candidate, in literally a microsecond.
2) The fact he had his own Spider-Man avatar in literally the first few microseconds.
3) The fact that, whenever you bring up another actor for the role, I see
"Nah. He'd make a better Harry. DylanFTW"
"Nah. He looks like a girl. DylanFTW."
Nah. His nose is too big. DylanFTW."
"Nah. Even though he's an actor and might be perfectly more than capable of delivering the humour, he isn't naturally funny like Dylan O'Brien, even though we haven't seen enough, we just assume it for whatever reason. And because after the scars of Tobey not being funny at all and Andrew not being funny enough, this is all that matters. DylanFTW"
Spider-Man's going to be in highschool for awhile...No, Dylan's fans are hoping that Peter will either be in college or in HS for one movie, just to accommodate Dylan's less than ideal age of 23...
Oh, and his smug face all over the thread!!!

Granted, he's not as bad as I thought, but I really don't want him as Spider-Man. There's just something about him that I can't like. He goes on in some interviews, in a way that makes me want to shout to him.
"Dude. You're a big-headed, narcissistic dick."

Maybe it's him, or maybe it's just the fact that he's being made bigger than Jesus around here, I don't know!

keyboard-smash-o.gif

Last edited:

That is some mighty clever rhetorical jujitsu you've got there (ninjitsu? :ninja:). :cwink:

I go back and forth in liking him and disliking...if I had Two-Face's coin, I'd be sound in the finality!

1) I had no idea who he was until he instantly proved to be the most popular candidate, in literally a microsecond.
2) The fact he had his own Spider-Man avatar in literally the first few microseconds.
"Nah. Even though he's an actor and might be perfectly more than capable of delivering the humour, he isn't naturally funny like Dylan O'Brien, even though we haven't seen enough, we just assume it for whatever reason. And because after the scars of Tobey not being funny at all and Andrew not being funny enough, this is all that matters. DylanFTW"
Spider-Man's going to be in highschool for awhile...No, Dylan's fans are hoping that Peter will either be in college or in HS for one movie, just to accommodate Dylan's less than ideal age of 23...

Granted, he's not as bad as I thought, but I really don't want him as Spider-Man. There's just something about him that I can't like. He goes on in some interviews, in a way that makes me want to shout to him.

Maybe it's him, or maybe it's just the fact that he's being made bigger than Jesus around here, I don't know!

That's interesting. I don't have that sort of temperament, where it gets my hackles up when someone I don't know is the immediate frontrunner. I'm also rather nonplussed by pushy fans. But I know what you mean when you talk about someone rubbing you the wrong way immediately. I felt that way about, say, Shia LaBeouf from the day I saw his face. He might be a perfectly nice person. He may even be the second incarnation of whatever divine force has given us DDL; I wouldn't know since I haven't seen any of his movies. But there was something about him that said "insincere" to me, which hasn't been helped by later events. I like to think this is evidence of my unerring instincts in judging people, but it's probably a coincidence. :heart:

I actually felt a more mild form of this with Andrew Garfield when he was first cast. I eventually saw the first movie at home, and the second movie in theaters, though. If Peter had actually been consistently-written and likable, I might have liked him, but the fact that the writers made him into a solipsistic twit simply reinforced my biases. :(

I really don't want him as Spider-Man. There's just something about him that I can't like. He goes on in some interviews, in a way that makes me want to shout to him.

keyboard-smash-o.gif

:up:

Edited some stuff to get my own thoughts in there, lol.

Dylan haters: I hate his *****ey face. Let me keep reminding everyone how much it hate him. No dylan in this thread? Let me complain about him anyway. Too much Dylan? Let me go make a new thread to talk about him some more

Last edited:
Dylan fans: hes a good fit for the role

Dylan haters: I hate his *****ey face. Let me keep reminding everyone how much it hate him. No dylan in this thread? Let me complain about him anyway. Too much Dylan? Let me go make a new thread to talk about him some more

I would find this Peter Parker less annoying to look at than Dil
118.gif

Really love and hate threads for dylan asa and others. Come on guys what's the point. We don't even have Pete selected yet. Why make threads love hate on actor. To we even know who landed the role. When we already had the casting threads on liking and disliking picks.

So, I see Dylan has got his own I Love thread...what a bunch of girls mwahahahahahahaha! :funny:

Can't believe it was TOM ROTHMAN who suggested him, lol.

Really marvel said they where actually casting a teen. No one has been confirmed yet. Only the character age. Not the actor. For all we know it could be a 15 just as likely a 25 yr old getting the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"