The (Insert Synonym for "Official" Here) Thor Thread

TheCorpulent1

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
I searched but there's nowhere else to discuss general Thor stuff.

Anyway, the preview for #75 is up at milehighcomics.com:

http://image.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/030304/thor75cvr.gif
http://image.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/030304/thor75p1.gif
http://image.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/030304/thor75p2.gif
http://image.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/030304/thor75p3.gif
http://image.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/030304/thor75p4.gif

I'm guessing the person in the robe is Sif. It would make sense; she'd eventually see the wrongness of Thor's regime but Thor could probably never bring himself to kill her like Thialfi or Balder (I realize he didn't actually kill either, but you get what I mean). So she's hanging out in the mountains now.

What does everyone else think?

... this is gonna turn into another Thor vs. Hulk thread, I bet. :(

HULK ROXXORS!!

It WAS PROFFEXR THAT GOI BEAT BY KGIN TOHR NOT SAVGE HLKU
HULK BAET FLAM OF LIFE AND GET TO CALETSIAL LEVL BEFORE

The truth finally comes out! Guyverjay and GAMMA MONSTER are one and the same!!

Originally posted by GAMMA MONSTER er I mean guyverjay
HULK ROXXORS!!

It WAS PROFFEXR THAT GOI BEAT BY KGIN TOHR NOT SAVGE HLKU
HULK BAET FLAM OF LIFE AND GET TO CALETSIAL LEVL BEFORE

My secret shame:(

It wasn't always this way. I was born different. Gamma monster is in my blood, my very DNA. You could say I'm a son of gamma monster. I had around 90% gamma monster inside of me. But now that I've been exposed to Mr X's Hulk thread, I've been inadvertantly given the extra 10% of gamma monster.

Now every time someone mentions hulk I turn into the creature who wrote the above post and I can't stop quoting myself:(

I'm only teasing GM:)

:D

Have you started reading those Thor trades yet, guyver? I thought I remembered you saying you were interested before you turned arguing with me into your favorite pasttime.

No I have not:(

Money is a bit tight at the mo

How many trades have there been since (and I guess including) The Death of Odin? I haven't read Thor in a long time except for the odd issue here and there, but I'm really missing out on some good stuff now. I'd like to catch up.

Death of Odin
Lord of Asgard
Gods on Earth
Spiral

I think "The Reigning" is gonna be collected soon, probably in April or May. You should also check out the Thor: Vikings mini and the Walt Simonson TPBs if you haven't.

Thanks. I'll pick them up. I've been meaning to get Vikings anyway.

Sweet. Come back here and let everyone else know what you thought when you get through them. :)

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
Death of Odin
Lord of Asgard
Gods on Earth
Spiral

I think "The Reigning" is gonna be collected soon, probably in April or May. You should also check out the Thor: Vikings mini and the Walt Simonson TPBs if you haven't.
Huh? There's no TPB called Lord of Asgard. It goes from Death of Odin, to Gods on Earth, to Spiral, to The Reigning, right? :confused:

I sit corrected. Thanks for clearing that up guyverjay.

Lord of Asgard has a lot of stuff with Balder. His internal conflict about Thor's leadership abilities that ultimately come to a head in 2070. Jurgens really had this run planned out well in advance.

Just finished reading issue #75, part one of Gods And Men. Not a bad read all in all. I ain't gonna go into too many spoilers just yet, don't want to ruin it for anyone, but Corpy...
You are correct. It is indeed Lady Sif in the robe.

Anyone going to pick up the Thor: Son of Asgard series?

Ditto. I've been relying on trades more and more. It's so much easier, and I don't mind the wait usually.

Originally posted by Johnny Blaze
Just finished reading issue #75, part one of Gods And Men. Not a bad read all in all. I ain't gonna go into too many spoilers just yet, don't want to ruin it for anyone, but Corpy...
You are correct. It is indeed Lady Sif in the robe.
Awesome. I am so the man. :D

Anyway, I'm gonna get the Thor: Son of Asgard issues as they come out. I generally prefer that to TPBs because I tend to be impatient. Plus those covers by Granov are so droolworthy I'm not gonna be able to resist picking them up right when I see them.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to come here and spoil every detail for all of you. ;)

I never really picked up any early Volume 2 Thor, was the Dark Gods good, I can never find it.

It's all right. Jurgens seemed to be trying to emulate Simonson a lot with that arc. He almost pulled it off, but it falls short of a true Simonson tale.

When you pick up Thor #75 tomorrow Corpy, maybe you can tell me who the guy at the end is. He looks familiar, but I just can't place the face. :o

Oh, and does anyone know what issue it was where Thor fought and killed the Midgard Serpent?

When you pick up Thor #75 tomorrow Corpy, maybe you can tell me who the guy at the end is. He looks familiar, but I just can't place the face. :o

Oh, and does anyone know what issue it was where Thor fought and killed the Midgard Serpent?
#379-380. Great story. I just read it. :)

I'll see if I can recognize the guy tomorrow when I get my comics.

That would be Desak. He was a member of a race of people who got screwed over by their gods. A future version of Tarene, the Designate, scoops him up and grants him power in the form of an amulet so that he can exterminate deities throughout the universe. He finally tracks down what he thinks is Thor (it's actually just the Jake Olson aspect of Thor granted some of the real Thor's power through a magic mirror the Enchantress had given him) and he nearly kills him before the real Thor shows up. Thor takes back the rest of his power from Olson and kills Desak with the Bloodaxe in vol. 2 #49. The future Tarene once again shows up and takes Desak's body in #50, placing it on a mountain in some weird dimension to heal until she calls on him to do another task.
I'm guessing, given the fact that he woke up at the end of this last issue, his task is to kill either Magni or Thor now that Mjolnir is back in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"