Civil War: Choosing Sides

Vanguard07 said:
Man... I love it when Iron Fist kicks people in the face.

You know what? I just love it when Iron Fist kicks people in general. It strikes me as ironic for some reason.
yeah since his codename's iron FISTyou'd expect him to PUNCH mostly:ninja:

I'm betting Howard the Duck is going to be anti-reg; I'm also betting he'll be the funnest thing in this book. Though, I am interested in seeing if Tony in this issue acts ever so slightly like less of a *****e bag, since Marvel is apparently surprised and a bit concerned about the hatred that's been coming Tony's way lately, (especially with a movie coming out,) so they want to try to salvage some fan sympathy for someone they're now billing in promos for this book as "the most misunderstood hero in the Marvel Universe." Unfortunately for them, I think fans do understand Tony pretty well by now and that's why we all dislike him whereas with Reed we just dislike the evil Reed clone and the bad writing.

3dman27 said:
yeah since his codename's iron FISTyou'd expect him to PUNCH mostly:ninja:
yeah thats what i was getting at

Iron Foot just doesnt sound cool

true
but as long as he still had his disco ninja suit i'd still be okay with it.

but he needs to lose the slippers

LadyMoira said:
I'm betting Howard the Duck is going to be anti-reg; I'm also betting he'll be the funnest thing in this book. Though, I am interested in seeing if Tony in this issue acts ever so slightly like less of a *****e bag, since Marvel is apparently surprised and a bit concerned about the hatred that's been coming Tony's way lately, (especially with a movie coming out,) so they want to try to salvage some fan sympathy for someone they're now billing in promos for this book as "the most misunderstood hero in the Marvel Universe." Unfortunately for them, I think fans do understand Tony pretty well by now and that's why we all dislike him whereas with Reed we just dislike the evil Reed clone and the bad writing.
Don't worry; CW will end by 2007 and Iron Man's movie ain't until 2008 at least, so Marvel will have a good year to "fix" Stark after CW ends. They may claim there's no "supervillian cop-out" Now, but 12 months is a long time in Marvel-land and I'm sure if "someone had a good story", they'd let it slide.

Plus, if there WAS a "supervillian" finale to CW and I worked for Marvel, I'd lie about it too to keep it a surprise (at least until a solict killed it).

Stark, at least, has some history at being a *****ebag before (just not at this level). For Reed it totally goes against his entire character from the past 20 or so years. WIZARD tried to justify it by showing comics from the Lee/Kirby days, which was unfair because the comic market was very different and had simplier expectations.

Dread said:
WIZARD tried to justify it by showing comics from the Lee/Kirby days, which was unfair because the comic market was very different and had simplier expectations.

I don't read wizard, what did they do?

Vanguard07 said:
I dont think that they're gonna fight. It's a collection of seperate stories isnt it? Is Songbird and Radiation man part of his story?

Well, yeah, considering he's being put on their team.

gildea said:
I don't read wizard, what did they do?
Currently? Act as an extention of PREVIEWS, only more pretentious and with articles, and using insider deals to create scoops to prevent the Internet from making them obsolete so they can maintain their monopoly. Kind of like putting the inventers of the automobiles in prison so the guys who make horse-drawn buggies can stay wealthy.

But I still buy it because sometimes those scoops are good, and their articles can sometimes be fun or insightful. But they've thrown off the impression of being "critical" of comics and are just cheerleaders for the Big Two.

I only buy Wizard for the hardcore nudity myself.

Anubis said:
I only buy Wizard for the hardcore nudity myself.

I buy it for the bunny on bunny action

I was thinking from the bery beginning of Civil War that they are making Tony Stark too much of a herk and the bad guy of the series, especially when the movie was announced at the start of the Civil War.

But, and they could always do this, they could always retcon it in the future.
Like in Avengers Forever, it could be years in the future. Way past the movie, and they could reveal that Tony was being manipulated.

I think what they need to do is play up Tony's reasons, have him show a little more emotion than just stanind in the darkness and wondering if he is doing the right thing.
Maybe even show Captain America be a little wrong somehow.
They should shomehow make him less of a villian and more sympathetic, because he is sort of trying to do what he thinks is right.

(edit)
I just saw a picture online. In Frontline number 7 they show Norman Osbourne talking about betraying Iron Man. They don't show the guy's face but they do show the guy has a mustache. Could this be Tony Stark? Could Stark be planning to betray his side or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"