The James Franco/ Harry Osborn Thread

Sam_298

Read less, more TV.
Reaction score
James Franco has changed alot since SM1- From high school kid, to Oscorp CEO and now to Villian. Well, we just need space to talk about his new identity in SM3 as Harry who knows Peter and the Goblin. Hopefully there isnt a thread on this already.
800px-Harrypumpkingbomb.JPG

He's going to be absolutely great. I can just feel it. Seeing his darker side in sm2 completely convinced me. I'm eager to see how well Franco plays GG2 or snowboarder-guy or whatever the bloody villain he is in the next one.

He's more drunk in the movies now, hence his darkness. Well from the trailers he looks somewhat quiet as himself but he expresses his anger through GG2, unlike the drunk Harry in SM2

Franco is amazing , I can't wait to see him in spidey 3 . Raimi & his team have made Harry quite popular than his comicbook counter part . Not to mention Fanco's preformance is Fantastic .

:up: Franco's gonna show his true skills in this one.

Yes, he hopefully gets more screentime.

I want to see how Franco cackles when he becomes angry friend with dangerous weapons/ GG2. :up:

I remember I was ten years old when the first Spider-man was released. After exiting the theater I was so excited for seeing Green Goblin 2 in SM2. Sadly, there was no GG2- (But SM3?). His character has matured since the first film. I hope we get a better look at Harry in SM3 possibly a poster showing him with his suit, and glider?

His Bio:
James Edward Franco (born April 19, 1978) is a Golden Globe-winning American actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. He is perhaps best known for his lead roles in several Hollywood films, including Tristan & Isolde, Annapolis, TV's James Dean, and for playing Harry Osborn in the Spider-Man film series.

Franco was born in Palo Alto, California to Doug Franco and Betsy Levine Verne (a poet, author and editor); his maternal grandmother runs the Verne Art Gallery, a prominent art gallery in Cleveland, Ohio. Franco's father is of Portuguese and Swedish descent,[1] while his mother is Jewish,[2] a descendant of immigrants from Russia. He grew up in California with his two younger brothers, Tom and David, and graduated from Palo Alto High School in 1996, where he was elected by his senior class as the boy with the "best smile". He then enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles as an English major, and studied acting. Much to the disapproval of his parents, he dropped out after his freshman year and chose to pursue a professional career as an actor, taking acting lessons with Robert Carnegie at Playhouse West. After fifteen months of training, he began auditioning in Los Angeles, California and got his first break in 1999, after he was cast in a leading role on the short-lived but well-reviewed television series Freaks and Geeks.

Franco as Harry Osborn in Spider-Man 2 (2004)Franco's first major film was the romantic comedy Whatever It Takes (2000). He was subsequently cast as James Dean in director Mark Rydell's 2001 biographical TV film of the same name. The role brought Franco much critical acclaim, and he was distinguished in 2002 with a Golden Globe Award, as well as nominated for an Emmy Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. After seeing him in James Dean, actor Robert De Niro handpicked Franco to play his son in the drama City by the Sea.

Franco was originally considered for the lead role of Peter Parker in the film version of Spider-Man, but was instead cast in the supporting role of Harry Osborn, the son of the villainous Green Goblin. Both Spider-Man (2002) and Spider-Man 2 (2004) were very well-received critically and commercially, and Franco has since co-starred with Neve Campbell in The Company (2003).

In 2006, Franco co-starred with Tyrese Gibson in Annapolis and played legendary hero Tristan in Tristan and Isolde, a dramatisation of the Tristan and Iseult story also starring English actress Sophia Myles. He received a pilot's license in preparation for an upcoming film, Flyboys.

Franco has signed to return in Spider-Man 3, currently scheduled for release on May 4, 2007.

Franco lives in Los Angeles. He has dated actress Marla Sokoloff, with whom he co-starred in the film "Whatever It Takes". Franco, who was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Hottest Bachelors of 2004, paints extensively in his free time and even attended a private painting school during his teen years. His works have already been displayed in art galleries in and around Los Angeles.

Selected filmography
Year Title Role Notes
2007 Spider-Man 3 Harry Osborn post-production
An American Crime post-production
The Dead Girl filming
2006 Flyboys Rawlings post-production
Good Time Max Max post-production
Annapolis Jake Huard
Tristan and Isolde Tristan
2005 The Ape Harry Walker direct-to-video
The Great Raid Captain Prince
2004 Spider-Man 2 Harry Osborn
2003 The Company Josh
2002 City By The Sea Joey
Spider-Man Harry Osborn
Deuces Wild Tino
2000 Whatever It Takes Chris Campbell

16059__franco_l.jpg

Yea it should be really good awhile back i heard harry at the end of the movie wuz supposed to save pete from gettin beat around by venom an sandman in the final fight anyone here about that the was from this site....

From the scenes I was able to see while being an extra in Foley Square in New York City and information which James Cromwell's stand-in gave me. At one point Harry and MJ will do some filrting, and Harry will die. In fact, I'm pretty sure that his death will not occur from the pumpkin bomb because his death scene was filmed in New York.

Idiotic Idiot06 said:
From the scenes I was able to see while being an extra in Foley Square in New York City and information which James Cromwell's stand-in gave me. At one point Harry and MJ will do some filrting, and Harry will die. In fact, I'm pretty sure that his death will not occur from the pumpkin bomb because his death scene was filmed in New York.

wow that sounds interesting i wonder how he will die maybe pete kills him from being angry at him for flirting with mj that would be crazy

kal_el_526 said:
wow that sounds interesting i wonder how he will die maybe pete kills him from being angry at him for flirting with mj that would be crazy

I don't think so, there were a lot of different scenes being shot very close together, and I don't think Franco dieng and him flirting with MJ were even close together. In fact, I was there with a friend for four days and on the third day we came up to James Cromwell's stand-in thinking he was James Cromwell and asking for an autograph. Being an old man, he started talking to us which i should've listened more but I was trying to get into another scene. Anyway, my friend asked him if James Franco was on set that day, and he said, "No, he died yesterday." And we got freaked out because we thought he meant the actor but then he said, "They just filmed his death scene." He then went on telling me how he probably shouldn't have said that. I should've got more information out of him, but being stupid I left. On the fourth and last day I was there, we were filming a scene where Spidey is swinging onto a stage and kissing Gwen Stacy (in fact this scene was shot several times with the person he kisses being Gwen sometimes and MJ other times). But for that scene since they were only filming crowd reactions they had the stand-ins instaed of actually spidey and mj/gwen. We were in one of those hoppy-play house thingies (don't ask) and in front of us was filming a totally differnt scene. Harry and MJ were sitting on a bench and I could hear her giggling and flirting/playfully touching (not in that way) Harry. But not to think that she is only with Harry because in another scene on the first day I was 2 feet away from a very magical Peter/MJ kiss.

Idiotic Idiot06 said:
I don't think so, there were a lot of different scenes being shot very close together, and I don't think Franco dieng and him flirting with MJ were even close together. In fact, I was there with a friend for four days and on the third day we came up to James Cromwell's stand-in thinking he was James Cromwell and asking for an autograph. Being an old man, he started talking to us which i should've listened more but I was trying to get into another scene. Anyway, my friend asked him if James Franco was on set that day, and he said, "No, he died yesterday." And we got freaked out because we thought he meant the actor but then he said, "They just filmed his death scene." He then went on telling me how he probably shouldn't have said that. I should've got more information out of him, but being stupid I left. On the fourth and last day I was there, we were filming a scene where Spidey is swinging onto a stage and kissing Gwen Stacy (in fact this scene was shot several times with the person he kisses being Gwen sometimes and MJ other times). But for that scene since they were only filming crowd reactions they had the stand-ins instaed of actually spidey and mj/gwen. We were in one of those hoppy-play house thingies (don't ask) and in front of us was filming a totally differnt scene. Harry and MJ were sitting on a bench and I could hear her giggling and flirting/playfully touching (not in that way) Harry. But not to think that she is only with Harry because in another scene on the first day I was 2 feet away from a very magical Peter/MJ kiss.

that sounds interesting

Mechanix1992 said:
I remember I was ten years old when the first Spider-man was released. After exiting the theater I was so excited for seeing Green Goblin 2 in SM2. Sadly, there was no GG2- (But SM3?). His character has matured since the first film. I hope we get a better look at Harry in SM3 possibly a poster showing him with his suit, and glider?

HIS CHARACTER HAS MATURED SINCE THE FIRST FILM AND SO HAVE YOU,RIGHT? AFTER ALL,IT'S NOT LIKE WE OBSESS ALL DAY ON SPIDERMAN 3 FORUMS.....LOL!:)

Franco is amazing. I can't wait to see him in the 3rd movie. He was the right man for the role of Harry.;)

Silverdragon said:
Franco is amazing. I can't wait to see in the 3rd movie. He was the right man for the role of Harry.;)

Yeah, too bad that if there's a fourth movie he won't be in it :down.

He'll be awesome. I just hope he is a badass and not a weak villain. I hope he nearly rocks and kills Peter on first attack and Pete only kicks his ass in the mansion because of the suit. You gotta' make this a tense end of a "brotherhood" and not have him overshadowed by Sandman and such.

If you've read Spectacular #200, you know how it will end, just substitute Liz for Pete is my bet though.

i think they replaced Harry's addiction to LSD (from the comics) to alcoholism

Yes...I can't wait to see James Franco as Harry in Spiderman 3. It will be very interesting to see his character develop further.

hopefully they stay somewhat true to the comics and he overdoses on Goblin serum/alcohol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"