The JAWS Appreciation Thread

Any time I see a new post in this thread I always get worried that there's a remake/reboot planned. Of course Jaws: The Revenge didn't do it any favors, but in this day and age where basically every property under the sun has been rebooted, it really is remarkable how much restraint Universal has shown in leaving this franchise alone for nearly 35 years. Same goes for them with Back to the Future.

I think it's because of Spielberg.

It's because of Zemeckis and Gale that there isn't another BTTF. I respect them immensely for not doing a sequel because the payday would be gigantic.

Yeah, I think Universal has too much respect for Spielberg to do it (or an ET reboot/sequel) for that matter. At least while he’s still alive.

I thought at first Spielberg has a say but I don’t know if he owns any rights to those earlier films. I mean, they remade Poltergeist into a crappy movie which he had nothing to do with.

There is actually a play in London called The Shark is Broken. It’s “behind the scenes” of the movie and features Robert Shaw’s son.

Considering they’re doing a Godfather behind the scenes miniseries and have done other stuff like Hitchcock about the making of Psycho, I’d love to see a dramatized version of that with Jaws.

Just think of the casting possibilities of young Spielberg, Shaw, Dreyfuss, Scheider etc.

That's something that not only I wouldn't mind seeing, but is more than likely going to happen. Hollywood knows damn well that they can't touch classics like The Godfather or Jaws or The Wizard of Oz but they can absolutely make as many projects as they want about the making of those films since it still scratches that nostalgic itch.

Just came back from seeing JAWS on the big screen. In glorious IMAX. Only 3 dollars.

I had a blast!

Great crowd too. People of all ages and they were really into it. The whole theater popped when Brody killed the shark.

I hope National Cinema Day becomes a yearly staple.

Today was fun. :)

That sounds awesome. I just found out my local imax is doing that in November. Might check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"