The JAWS Appreciation Thread

Yes it does. The movie is just beautiful to watch. To be fair, the only reason that I knew of it’s existence as a kid was because it was a movie of the week thing on tv. They don’t do that anymore.

Robert Shaw should have been nominated for that USS Indianapolis monologue too.

That scene is even better when you consider that apparently Shaw (a huge drinker) showed up hammered the first time he was supposed to do it and couldn't pull it off, to Spielberg's irritation. He later called Spielberg remorseful and begged to be allowed to try it again ASAP. Everyone got back together and Shaw nailed it in one take.

Never seen Jaws. It is getting a theatrical re-release here in the UKon July 15th - might be the perfect opportunity to fix the mistake.

I saw this movie again about a couple of months ago and it’s absolutley masterful. One of my all time favorites and I would also love to see it in a theater.

I'll still be watching Jaws and appreciating it if I make it to 2070's

Yeah same I don’t think people have grown out of it at all. People talk about it and reference it all the time

One of my favorites....just timeless and iconic.

I do fear that due to those these days wanting instant gratification, it may not be watched as much as it once was. It's a wonderful slow burn due to the shark not being seen until much later in the movie, however people just don't have the patience anymore.

Right, today people would complain, say it was boring, etc.

They would complain that the shark doesn't look real enough, and that it should be cgi.

Nah I don’t think so. People still watch the wizard of oz but they understand the time it was made in

Will always be one of my all time favorites.

One of my fav movie. I own a Welcome to Amity t-shirt and a Quint’s Shark fishing zip up hoodie.

Last edited:
Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Back in the Living Room, <em>Jaws</em> Gets Its Own Board Game

Jaws the board game recreates Steven Spielberg's nautical thriller on a tabletop in your home. It features the cast of the movie as playable characters, including Quint, Hooper, Chief Brody, and the great white shark that stalks the waters outside the Martha's Vineyard-inspired Amity Island.

Like the film, the game plays out in two primary locations: on Amity Island and onboard The Orca. For the act 1 portion of the game, the human characters team up to take down the shark as it picks off Amity beachgoers. Flip the board over and it transforms into Quint's ship. For The Orca section, Quint, Hooper, and Brody try to defend their boat as the shark tears it apart. Players can either complete both acts or stick to one location for a shorter gaming experience.

Actually sounds pretty fun

Ah yes, the perfect fourth of july horror film! loved it since I saw it on TV at age 4 back in 86 and one of the movies that got me into the genre.

Who thinks the Blu-ray is incredible? I mean fantastic re

Jaws Swims Onto 4k Blu-ray On June 2nd, Steelbook At Best Buy

One of the most iconic films of all-time is heading to 4K Blu-ray. Jaws will celebrate 45th anniversary by finally releasing onto 4k on June 2nd, with over three hours of special features on the disc. The Steven Spielberg classic features a lenticular cover and also includes a regular Blu-ray disc and a digital code for the film as well. Three documentaries will be in the special features, and this will be the best that the film has ever looked for home viewing. The release will also include an exclusive 44-page booklet as well.

I watch Jaws 2-3 times every year.

I recently did a rewatch and thought why not watch Jaws 2. I hadn’t seen Jaws 2 for a looooong time so I thought surely it’s better than 3 & especially 4. Well they really should have just stopped at the first one. Jaws 2 is so boring, it’s terrible. l think I genuinely prefer the 3rd one, at least that one’s got a cheesy charm to it.

In saying that I am surprised they still haven’t made another Jaws. Although I don’t want them to.

They have been for decades. It's just all been cheesy ripoffs and b-movie quality.

I love The Revenge. Michael Caine dancing, the banana boat scene, the shark roaring like Godzilla and then exploding.

Not to mention the shark being incredibly fake with its mouth just hanging open the whole time, and following Ellen from Amity Island to Florida on some mystical vendetta.

The Revenge was almost a parody of the franchise except it took itself too seriously. I still love it as a parody of the first one but it is by no means a good movie.

Revenge is cool because of the intro where the guy gets his arm ripped off. That’s all you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"