The JL Batsuit, bat emblem

not necessarily.

i'm sure a happy medium can be found. the whole "fear" function of the costume needs to be weighed up with the fact that, unless radical changes are made to it, the batsuit does not look monstrous or frightening, exactly.

however, if given a reasonable amount of armor and protection(perhaps under the suit, as in the comics) he could apear to be scary.

what i mean is, the bad guys are not going to exactly get a really good long look at the whole suit. if batman moves quickly, leaping out of nowhere draped in a cloak giving an intimidating shape, panic would ensue. there really wouldn't be time to gawk at the detail as it is partly hidden and the "bat-thing" is moving quickly.

so, when a thug aor villian fires off a bullet or what have you and the armor protects him from it, the appearance that is given is one of this terrible, lightning fast bat-shaped thing that seems un affected by weapons. a force that just keeps coming after you.

basically, i feel that, if done right, armor can actually aid the purpose of the suit.

(hopefully, the fear-factor aspect was the "original purpose" you were detailing, of i have just wasted a reasonable chunk of my time...)

for the first one i would go oval then in future movies go straight black bat...

Being in armor defeats the original purpose of him dressing as a Bat

the two are in no way mutually exclusive. him having no armor whatsoever is stupid. even bob kane had him wearing a bullet proof vest under the costume.

the two are in no way mutually exclusive. him having no armor whatsoever is stupid. even bob kane had him wearing a bullet proof vest under the costume.

wearing a bullet proof vest is different from being armored from head to toe

That is one I want for JLA.

batmanby9.gif

That is one I want for JLA.

batmanby9.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like this. I don't think they'll go the Burton/Nolan armored from head to toe approach. It's sorta played out, no?

And as far as the fear-inducing element, the solution is simple -- simply double the size of Clooney's cod-piece.

Yellow!!!

That plain black bat is too dull. I don't know why they brought it back, it's been gone since the 60's and looks like crap. The yellow oval and bat logo were unique, the other just looks like he tacked on a halloween decoration. Time for a switch back to the yellow oval, it is better, and a lot cooler!!!:brucebat:

Modified Oval, please. Black Bat fans already have the nolan franchise...having the oval not only helps create an iconic looking bats, but also seperates JL Bats from Nolan

Modified Oval, please. Black Bat fans already have the nolan franchise...having the oval not only helps create an iconic looking bats, but also seperates JL Bats from Nolan

I prefer the black bat to the yellow moon (oval) but do think you have a good point in using that to help distinguish the characters from the seperate franchises.

I'll have to find the picture, but there was some concept are for the Year One movie I believe that had a modified oval. It was cool in that the bat was not encompassed in the yellow but actually stuck out from it. Kinda the best of both worlds.

nealbatblue.jpg

btasmanip.jpg

well i know its bale but i would love either of these

I voted for the yellow oval. I loved the way it was done on the Panther suit in Batman Forever, a darker, goldish-yellow background with a sleek, stylized bat. Nolan's Batsuits have, for all intents and purposes, essentially eliminated the bat-symbol altogether. I'd like to see it return with a very classic, Neal Adams look to it. Sounds like the suits have already been designed and WETA is working on them as we speak.

I say they should just let David Williams design all of the costumes. I loved the bat symbol he designed where the bat was breaking out of the blue circle. I voted yellow oval.

Whatever it is, PLEASE completely get rid of rubber. It is the most outdated material to ever be used on a superhero outfit.

Someone get a clue and use the vast amount of materials already suited to make a faithful, but functional interpretation of the outfit.

Its better then Tights :)

i doubt jla bats will be tights, it just would not work in todays world. It is probably going to be a rubber/latex suit like it has been in all bat films since the 80s.

i doubt jla bats will be tights, it just would not work in todays world. It is probably going to be a rubber/latex suit like it has been in all bat films since the 80s.

WETA is awesome though. Even if they used rubber, it wouldn't look it.

Yea i cant wait to see what WETA has in store for us.

As Long as Bats looks as badass as he does in this picture .
newbatmancolorbyjpr04do6.jpg

It really doesn't matter to me what The Bat-emblem looks like .

although the suit is different in every movie, its still meant to be like a body armor, like kevlar. IMO i think it would be kick ass if they did the body armor (with the excentuated muscles and abs) in the comicbook grey, but maybe darker grey. Or, i have a christmas ornament i got a couple years ago of batman on the bat signal, his suit has the black cape, cowl, boots and gloves. and instead of black or grey, his suit was a dark dark blue, i actually thought it looked pretty sweet, ill see if i can get a pic of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"