Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Camera Test =/= Not Final.

It’s a fantastic make up test, and it’s great that they shared it with us... but I’m happy it’s not the final look, because it’s not The Joker, just Phoenix in John Wayne Gacy make up. Love the tone of the video, though.
It's confirmed somewhere?

I remember Hardy as Bane first photo. At that time we didn't know if it was part of the film or not, but later it was revealed it was just camera test. But it's what ended up being in the film.

It might be final, it might not. Impossible to say with a camera test.

Todd Phillips wouldn't call this "Joker" in his post and reveal it to the world if it wasn't in the movie. That'll be his signature look for film but given its an origin film it doesn't mean that's what he looks like at the very end

It's confirmed somewhere?

I remember Hardy as Bane first photo. At that time we didn't know if it was part of the film or not, but later it was revealed it was just camera test. But it's what ended up being in the film.

I’d be amazed if that’s the final look. Seems to be the consensus all over that it’s a camera test. I’d expect an evolution towards the Joker’s actual look.

Anyone try to catch screenshots of the flashes of him in costume?

he definitely looks like he has the purple/green/orange suit look in that test footage :D

All things being equal, I don't see why they'd release the first photo of the Joker with it being a preliminary concept that wouldn't make it into the final film. It's a safe bet that this is how the Joker will look in this new movie, and I don't see any real reason to believe that it'll evolve past it.

All things being equal, I don't see why they'd release the first photo of the Joker with it being a preliminary concept that wouldn't make it into the final film. It's a safe bet that this is how the Joker will look in this new movie, and I don't see any real reason to believe that it'll evolve past it.
That just doesn’t make sense. His suit is literally a direct translation of the comics, it seems weird for his makeup to be such a departure

I’m thinking/hoping it’s a preliminary look

Possibly. Suggests we’re getting a movie about a serial killer in clown make up, rather than a Joker movie though.

If it is his final look, and this is an Elseworld that isn't dealing with Batman, I have no clue why this is even a Joker movie? He's just a regular guy named Arthur in clown makeup, and even that doesn't look like The Joker.

I was on board with all of this, and intrigued about the Elseworld aspects to it, but the only thing that seems to connect this to the character of The Joker, is the name. I'm starting to become very confused by this. Is this still set in Gotham City?

I think whether or not it's the Joker's final look in the movie, we're gonna be seeing this anyway. Or some slight variation. And well, the Joker IS pretty much a serial killer in clown make-up. This reminds me so much of Heath Ledger's Joker reveal on WhySoSerious.com. :funny:

Also, they’d better be sure they know what they’re doing, because the look and feel of it is getting close to Ledger, with the long hair, and grease paint... which means comparisons.

Scott Synder's thoughts basically reflect mine:

Well, I think they know what they're doing. because they've made a decision.

Yup, Snyder's reaction is pretty much spot on. Except that I liked the sound of this project when it was first rumored.

How did they spend 40 years getting the Joker so right on film and television, and now we have this and Leto's Joker inside 3 years... I mean WTF? :funny:

Comparisons are inevitable either way.

I've decided to take this camera test as preliminary stuff.

How did they spend 40 years getting the Joker so right on film and television, and now we have this and Leto's Joker inside 3 years... I mean WTF? :funny:
Because we had excellent adaptations of the classic Joker and they try to do something new with the material?

Because we had excellent adaptations of the classic Joker and they try to do something new with the material?
Nolan did something new with the material. You can do something new and still reflect the character and not suck. The "do something new" is an excuse for crappy execution.

Also I must apologize for leaving off the abomination that is the "Joker" on Gotham. We might be on a roll of three all time crappy adaptations....

Nolan did something new with the material. You can do something new and still reflect the character and not suck. The "do something new" is an excuse for crappy execution.

Exactly. Nolan did something new with the character. Yet the reactions on these message boards were hilarious! People freaked out, and not in a good way, when the first pic of Heath Ledger's Joker was released. If I had a penny for how often "that's not the Joker" was written on this very website. Yet they took everything back once they saw what the filmmakers were aiming for. And once again people don't have the patience to see what they're going after, and are already screaming about the (CBM-)apocalypse.

I mean this isnt exactly a flattering first reveal either lol:
heath-ledger-joker1-720x450.jpg

It's not an excuse. Obviously, chance of failure is much higher when you attempt to do something new.

Exactly. Nolan did something new with the character. Yet the reactions on these message boards were hilarious! People freaked out, and not in a good way, when the first pic of Heath Ledger's Joker was released. If I had a penny for how often "that's not the Joker" was written on this very website. Yet they took everything back once they saw what the filmmakers were aiming for. And once again people don't have the patience to see what they're going after, and are already screaming about the (CBM-)apocalypse.
WB and DC have been awful for a while now. They have not shown an ability to make a good movie outside of Patty Jenkins' "Wonder Woman". What patience is there to have for them at this point? The studio's whose like DC films was JL. This is like waiting patiently for Michael Bay to make a really good film. If it happens, great. But I am sure as hell not expecting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"