Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

This. That is the way to enjoy this movie. Don't think of it as being, or even trying to be any kind of faithful adaption of the Joker. They have explicitly said several times that its not. They're putting on any pretenses here. Just look at it as an elseworlds/what if type movie.

Obviously agree fully with this!

With the debate of gun control in the America. Its a surprise how the gun violence in John Wick 3 was celebrated for the coolness, and comic book like scenes etc. gets a pass but with the Joker it’s a problem for people.

Almost like its not about guns at all, but about the sociopathic mindset that decides to use public acts of violence as a means of self-glorification. . .

The movie wasn't filmed with IMAX 70mm cameras, was it?

Ask yourself this: why would a movie like this be shot in a format reserved for action movies?
Well, the second trailer did market about 70mm presentations.

I guess it'll be like Hateful Eight.

Oh and there are scientific documentaries shot in IMAX 70mm... Just sayin'.

Well, the second trailer did market about 70mm presentations.

I guess it'll be like Hateful Eight.

Oh and there are scientific documentaries shot in IMAX 70mm... Just sayin'.
Before Nolan seemed to popularize using IMAX for action movies, I would only ever see IMAX movies at the science museum.

I never do this, but I contacted RT. I think everyone should. This is looking like actual bias now and its peeing me off a little bit.

Contact Customer Service

Your page for Joker is wholly innaccurate.
The movie has met the objective requirements for being "Certified Fresh" - now having (for over a week) been above 75% with more than 80 critics (over 5 of which were Top Critics). At the moment, it is currently on 77% with 103 reviews, 20 of which are Top Critics. This is supposed to be an objective measure, but your site appears to be denying Joker this.
Furthermore, the "Tomatometer" itself is wrong. For example, it currently shows "53%" for Top Critics (10 positive reviews, 9 negative reviews). When infact, there are 20 Top Critic reviews (14 positive, 6 negative), meaning Joker should be at 70%.
This undermines RT and should be fixed. It has been widely noticed and reported, and it makes RT look like a bit of a joke (excuse the pun).

The movie did drop at least 10 percentage points after TIFF. At that rate, the movie could dip below 70%. What's the cutoff for certified fresh?

The movie did drop at least 10 percentage points after TIFF. At that rate, the movie could dip below 70%. What's the cutoff for certified fresh?

The movie is entitled to be “Certified Fresh” once it reaches the criteria and remains certified unless it’s overall rating then dips below 70%.

This actually looks like bias now. There’s no reason it hasn’t received it and that they won’t fix the Top Critics score other than bias. Why would they want an innaccurate website?

I'll honestly be impressed if it dips in the 60s. But the scores and reviews so far remind me of Aquaman's RT performance where it started at 80s I think, dipped and stayed at 70s to finally finish at 65

Joker doesn't have 6 negative top critic reviews, it has 9, so the top critic score should be 55%
Average score for top critics should be 7.9, i think. It isn't counting a five star review.

But nonetheless I will never forget the day the BvS reviews dropped and this is a far cry from that night lmao

I can't believe how much I love Phoenix's laugh at the end. Its almost identical to Hamill's, it might be my fave Joker laugh on screen.

Nope I counted. Has 20 top critic reviews, 6 of which show as rotten for me?

View attachment 28591 View attachment 28592 View attachment 28594 View attachment 28596 View attachment 28598
Mara Reinstein, David Ehrlich, Alonso Duralde and Glenn Kenny's reviews are all missing, and Keith Uhlich's didn't show up when I checked.
Edit: A lot of the positive reviews on there aren't showing up on my browser either
Edit 2: Adding all the negatives I get 10, and adding all the different positives I get 14, so it should be at 58%

Last edited:
Mara Reinstein, David Ehrlich, Alonso Duralde and Glenn Kenny's reviews are all missing, and Keith Uhlich's didn't show up when I checked.
Edit: A lot of the positive reviews on there aren't showing up on my browser either
Both are right. Those reviews are missing, but so are the ones he is showing. Terri White i's being counted as a top critic but she is one. There are two 5/5 reviews that aren't being counted, one 4/5 and some other fresh reviews without rating.

I don't think it's a bias thing. It's just a serious mistake i think someone should notify to RT.

It takes a few F5s for all the reviews to appear. It's annoying I know. Tho the average top critic is still messed up since day one

I don't think it's a bias thing. It's just a serious mistake i think someone should notify to RT.
They changed the BBC's review from a rotten to a fresh, so I guess they make changes when the critic contacts them. idk if they respond to normal emails though

It takes a few F5s for all the reviews to appear. It's annoying I know. Tho the average top critic is still messed up since day one
If they fixed it i think it would have a average score of 8.2 or something like that.
Sadly, i think they don''t give a shirt.

Last edited:
This. That is the way to enjoy this movie. Don't think of it as being, or even trying to be any kind of faithful adaption of the Joker. They have explicitly said several times that its not. They're not putting on any pretenses here. Just look at it as an elseworlds/what if type movie.
Yup, all of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"