Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

I'm no expert but I feel pretty confident that 300 million is the floor domestically for this film. I was looking at other movies on box office mojo that had similar numbers for the week. I feel like domestically the numbers will be somewhere around 245 million by the end of this weekend.

Look at a single weeks numbers for "It Chapter 1":
RUr9bXk.jpg

for the week I am showing it made about 37 million from Wednesday to Sunday night. Jokers week looks to be stronger so I think I am being conservative.
"It Chapter 1" went on to make 327 million domestically.

I felt after this past weekend when the domestic numbers were pretty much 200 million(544 million WW), I was thinking if this movie could make 100 million more domestic it will make 200 million more overseas. Right now, I really feel like this will surpass venom at this point. 800 million is the floor for this film.

Last edited:
Finally got to see Joker. Was meant to see it before with a friend but they couldn’t make it. This is why I prefer to see films day 1 on my own!

Very interesting/intriguing. Phoenix was amazing. The overall film I’d give about a 7.5/10 and Phoenix a 9.

New Academy members vs old Academy members.

That's how I took it. Like he cared so little about Rachel that he forgot her name.

Yea, I think her name just genuinely slipped his mind, because he never really cared about her in the first place except as Harvey's girlfriend and a way to screw with Harvey.

Didn't Ayer admit he went too far with the damaged tattoo?

I love how blissfully unaware Ayer is at how his Joker was doomed from the start with his creative direction at the helm. God, I can't believe I actually defended this iteration in the beginning.

Hey remember when folks here were super critical of how Joaquin Phoenix looked as the Joker?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I knew it was bad the moment I saw shiny dental prosthesis.

I defended Leto and Ayer’s vision in general. And while i dont hate Suicide Squad at all, I really did not like leto’s Joker and idk if thats more of a Leto thing or how he was directed.

I think Leto could have been good, but the movie was just terrible IMO.

He was rather over-the-top. Maybe too on the nose, with zero subtlety.

I could have done without the grills and kept the tattoos if they explained that Batman beat the crap out of him or something, but Leto's performance was an insult to the character.

In case of Leto, I think his performance was bigger offense than his looks.
The thing is, I actually could get a behind a neo-punk aesthetic for The Joker. But the tattoos took it too far into Cartel territory for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"