The Joker sized elephant in the room

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by diabolik, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Reikowolf

Reikowolf Hyperphotonic

2. Doc Samson

Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

There's a very clinical way Bane goes about things in TDKR. He didn't even tolerate his own goons bringing Gordon down into the sewers, prematurely spoiling his plan somewhat. Rather quickly, he would have the same amount of disdain for the Joker as Batman himself. And he would look to eliminate him completely, sooner than later...

3. joker1524

joker1524 Well-Known Member

4. Reikowolf

Reikowolf Hyperphotonic

I posted my reply on another thread but I think its a fan-film or something. Had a feeling that the Batman: Puppet Master film would spark others.

the timing has it coming out just before Halloween.

it had a twitter link earlier but it's been removed

https://twitter.com/ArkhamRising

5. BlueLightning

BlueLightning Caballero de la Luz

I do like the fact that, even though the Joker is not mentioned in the movie, his actions in the second film had these big repercussions in the third one. The simple fact that Harvey Dent became Two-Face because of the Joker's actions, is the direct cause of the characters status at the beginning of the film. Also, even though is not directly stated, the injuries that the doctor points out to Bruce in the hospital scene (scar tissue on the kidneys, concussive damage to the brain) most likely could be from the beating he took at the end of The Dark Knight by the Joker (with a crowbar). Though I might be shoehorning things a little.

I do like that in the novelization his whereabouts are somewhat disclosed

"The worst of the worst were sent here (Blackgate Prison), except for the Joker, who, rumor had it, was locked away as Arkham's sole remaining inmate."

"Or perhaps he had escaped. Nobody was really sure."

I do like the almost mythic description of the Joker status. As last Arkham's inmate, it fulfills Batman's prediction "You'll be in a padded cell forever." And also, keeping with the uncertainity of the character itself, it also confirms nothing.

Also, when I first watched The Dark Knight, and the Joker said "You and I are destined to do this forever" I smiled. Not because I wanted a sequel with the Joker, but because of the meta-textual quality of the dialogue. It came to my mind the many Batman encounters against the Joker in different media. It was true. They will fight forever.

6. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

^

He already had bruises in BB and at the beginning of TDK

7. BlueLightning

BlueLightning Caballero de la Luz

Oh yes, as I said I maybe shoehorning a little. I thinks it adds to the verisimilitude that Chris Nolan was aiming for. After all, he was a man who had taken a very rough life, and that had physical consequences as well. But I'm going off topic...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  8. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Good point

9. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

What the hell?

On Twitter, the picture is the Joker smile mixed with Bane's mask with bats all over.

10. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

It's obviously a fan made thing. It looks pretty choppy actually.

11. Reikowolf

Reikowolf Hyperphotonic

my thoughts exactly. the facebook page shows the whole picture. looks like a fan poster

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...13573920.86987.431295953573926&type=1&theater

If its a fan film, I would hope that they would at least shoot at a decent location. Even Batman: Puppet Master felt a little rough with the warehouse setting.

12. Anno_Domini

Of course it's a fan-made film, but...it's kinda weird that they seem to want to follow Nolan's trilogy, but yet they're using Bane's mask for their picture. Bane died.

Ahh, Batman: Puppet Master. I didn't like the guy they had for Riddler.

13. Reikowolf

Reikowolf Hyperphotonic

yeah, felt too "jonathan crane" -ish

i guess we'll find out what this other film is in over a month. their website does look slicker than Puppet Master's

but that doesn't mean it won't suck lol

14. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

I agree. A Batman movie that's supposed to be a finale must have had Joker in it. After all the "doing this forever" and the importance of the character itself, he must have been there.

15. Anno_Domini

And he probably would have, but it was Nolan's call on him respecting Ledger and that his talents as Joker should be admired in TDK. I wouldn't have done the same thing(I would have at least mentioned Joker), but Nolan saw it different I suppose.

So the Arkham Rising videos....they were okay I guess. I enjoy those comic epilogues better though.

16. batfreakforever

batfreakforever A real fan

If it's true that Nolan approched Heath for the Joker role before there was a script or atleast a completed script and when they both found out that they were on the same page about the Joker then Nolan went and completed the script with Heaths conversations/views inmind then I can see why Nolan did'nt write him in TDKR. Because Nolan and Heath brought this character/version to life and he did'nt want to go any further with the Joker character without Heath's input. Fair enough. but this is just me thinking aloud.

17. Anno_Domini

I have never heard of that.