The King of the Seven Seas Must FALL!!! The Official Aquaman Villains Thread

Black Manta:

peter-mensha.jpg-550x306.jpg

or possibly

47112205.cached.jpg

or

Feat-LJInt.png

Leo Dicaprio will be dope if they put Atlanteans as celtic/white and Polinesian side of Arthur is from his dad (a human)

I think it's the other way around.. they are looking for an ethnic MERA.. so I am guessing atlanteans are ethnic.. so his dad is caucasian human and his mom would be tanned/diverse ethnicity. So I could see Haiwwaiian, Indian and other Asian actors in roles as atlanteans

I still want to see Ray winstone as King shark. Not as a primary antoganist but perhaps as someone Aquaman has to form an uneasy alliance with

A lot of the names people are bringing up for Manta, while good actors, don't seem like they'd pose much of a physical threat to a dude as big as Momoa. I know they can do camera tricks and all that, but I think you need someone at least somewhat physically imposing in the role. That said, Michael K. Williams is awesome and he brings intensity to every role he plays, so if they cast him, I'd be thrilled.

I loved Michael on Boardwalk Empire and think he'd be a great Black Manta!

That picture of Snyder and momoa taken on the set of justice league way back when seemed to show a Manta suit. I always thought it was mantas suit anyways. Anyone have that picture?

Idris is a good choice. Also Boris Kodjoe.

Black Manta has to be someone who looks pretty intimidating out of costume and who you'd believe is this guy that's kind of militant, but it's really just a facade for him to be a despot.

I think Denzel is too old to play Black Manta.

I'd throw Michael Jai White into the mix as well. Especially after he didn't get as much time to shine on Arrow as Bronze Tiger as I would have liked.

I'd throw Michael Jai White into the mix as well. Especially after he didn't get as much time to shine on Arrow as Bronze Tiger as I would have liked.

He could work well as he fits the age range and could easily be a bonified intimidating threat.

If Mayimbe is right, I would like to see Omari Hardwick from the Starz series Power play Black Manta. He's a good actor, and while not quite as tall as Momoa, he has the kind of build that looks like he could pose a physical threat to him.

image.jpg

Predictable but solid choice. Plus, if they do it right they can sow the seeds for Orm's climb to power

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"