The Lack Of Promotion Thread

Pauluz

Sidekick
Reaction score
I don't know what Fox is doing in other countries but here in the Netherlands its almost non existant. I haven't seen one tv spot or trailer, not even a mention on MTV or a movie program. What's the deal? There's been an MI:3 and a Davinci Code overkill here.

The only thing I have seen is a commercial for the making of X3. That's it, nothing else.

Well here in Ireland (and UK), there's really good advertising

There's always TV spots on, and posters and billboards are appearing all over the place!

I saw a huge phoenix poster in my local cinema and almost wet myself! It was her original pose, where she has her hands out and her head in the air but with a blue background and said tormented/powerful (like a previous poster posted here)

!! :)

Maybe more promotion will appear there soon

The Uk was very quiet until a couple of weeks ago. Much better now.

fox is anything but lacking in promotions ...LOL!

xwolverine2 said:
fox is anything but lacking in promotions ...LOL!

Oh really? Why do you think I've put this thread up? To go picknicking?

Now that Da Vinci Code and M:I3 have been released, I'm expecting a full-on X3 advertising this week in Australia. If not - :mad:

The things we've been seeing for the past few weeks are nothing to what we will be seeing this week

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Now that Da Vinci Code and M:I3 have been released, I'm expecting a full-on X3 advertising this week in Australia. If not - :mad:
you mean ailartsua...

Pauluz said:
Oh really? Why do you think I've put this thread up? To go picknicking?

xwolverine2 is right, lol! x-men has kind of been promoted too much in some ways (too much spoilery pics + clips)

But yes, this week I'm thinking we'll have a promotion overdrive :up:

jimjam-06 said:
xwolverine2 is right, lol! x-men has kind of been promoted too much in some ways (too much spoilery pics + clips)

But yes, this week I'm thinking we'll have a promotion overdrive :up:

He's not, Fox is doing good promotion in America, true.
But not in the Netherlands or Australia.

It's pretty good here in Brazil - billboards on important avenues, a lot of posters on almost every cinema, trailer or teaser before every movie, tv spots since last week on major national networks plus cable and a X-Men/mutants competition on a famous tv show among teens (they also air a new scene of the movie every week). :up:

Pauluz said:
He's not, Fox is doing good promotion in America, true.
But not in the Netherlands or Australia.
He is, i never said anything about australia or netherlands:rolleyes:

There's been a lot of promos: the trailers have been running since December, in NY the 'Take a Stand' billboards went up in March, now there are ads up all over the phone booths and subways. Fox did a promo to start the baseball game today. The commercials are everywhere--and this week should be crazy with all the talk show appearances.

It's just enough...you don't want to oversaturate.

When I went to see the da Vinci code, I saw trailers for both SR and X3. Superman Returns used the latest trailer, and X3 used the first trailer, so X3 kind of looked bad in comparison. Not that great promotion.

danoyse said:
It's just enough...you don't want to oversaturate.
THATS THE WORD!......i was looking for that word in some cyclops eye beam discussion from another thread:up:

lol

I'm from Dublin, Ireland, and aside from a few tv spots, there's absolutely nothing!!!! Not a single bus shelter poster, not a single billboard. Da Vinci Code billboards are everywhere, but no X-men. Which is really strange. X2 advertisments were everwhere 3 years ago. You know, I think it's actually possible that DVC snapped up all the ad space and screwed fox in that respect.

liamoversion2 said:
I'm from Dublin, Ireland, and aside from a few tv spots, there's absolutely nothing!!!! Not a single bus shelter poster, not a single billboard. Da Vinci Code billboards are everywhere, but no X-men. Which is really strange. X2 advertisments were everwhere 3 years ago. You know, I think it's actually possible that DVC snapped up all the ad space and screwed fox in that respect.

I don't know where you live in Dublin, but there are billboards and posters everywhere! :eek: :)

You can't impress everyone.

ONE MORE DAY!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"