The Last of Us The Last Of Us 2

Halley Gross, co-writer, said the game is 50% bigger in length and breadth than LOU1. :mrk:

She also said that Ellie has been lying to Dina about who she is. Ellie wears a gas mask to hide the fact that she is immune. And Ellie put an accent mark over her bite scar and then put a tattoo over the accent mark. The tattoo was given to her by an ex girlfriend named Kat. There is some sort of tension between Dina and Kat.

Last edited:
I'm still most curious about how this will handle the ending of the first game. I don't know how they can build off of it without undoing its incredible ambiguity, but I have confidence Druckmann and co. will figure it out.

:huh: What is there to undo and what ambiguity?

Whether or not Ellie is aware of Joel's lie, and if she cares. The ending intentionally does not spell that out, with Ellie's last line ("Okay") being open to several interpretations. There's also the moral ambiguity of Joel saving Ellie, though that may not be necessary to explicitly revisit.

I want Ellie to find out the whole truth about what Joel did. I want to see her reaction to that.

Halley Gross, co-writer, said the game is 50% bigger in length and breadth than LOU1. :mrk:

She also said that Ellie has been lying to Dina about who she is. Ellie wears a gas mask to hide the fact that she is immune. And Ellie put an accent mark over her bite scar and then put a tattoo over the accent mark. The tattoo was given to her by an ex girlfriend named Kat. There is some sort of tension between Dina and Kat.
While this was obvious, its the little things like this that make it all the more special. The game sounds massive. To the point they cancelled MP to make it work.

I suspect she already knows.
I expect she has always kind of known, which might explain the issues with her and Joel's relationship. Beyond being a teenager who is growing up, what happened then has to have lingered for her. But I suspect it is an unspoken truth that they will finally be forced to confront here. Especially as I have a hunch on how the game is going to start.

From the trailer, they want us to think Dinah dies. And maybe she does. But I don't think that is what the gunshot is. If you watch the trailer closely you can see that Ellie talking to Tommy with markings on her face. Markings that she has when she enters that room and is attacked. I am thinking Ellie loses track of Dina while out, maybe after being attacked by the Serpahites, and comes back. When she realizes Dina didn't comeback, Ellie decides to go looking for her, even with the cult lurking around. This is what Tommy is warning her about.

After she is captured, I suspect instead of just killing them, they'd torture the pair to try and get information out of them. They'd even shoot Dina in the leg or something which would finally break Ellie into telling them what they want to know. This information will lead directly to the massacre of Tommy and the other survives. Ellie returning to the camp burning just feels like imagery we are going to see after the snow section in the first game. Now whether Dina survivors this, I don't really have a guess. I could see them getting the info, telling Ellie they believe her and then killing Dina anyways as they are sadistic *******s.

Either way, this makes the most sense to me as it would present Ellie with the exact same choice Joel had in the first game. Whether to save the one you love, or sacrifice her for the many. This might help provide Ellie with the understanding of Joel's decision she hasn't had before this.

I always thought Ellie knew that Joel was lying. I mean you can tell by looking at face after he says "I swear", it's the look of disappointment. Also I wouldn't be surprised if her "Old man" that Jesse refers to is actually Tommy. I'm assuming Joel didn't end up staying in Jackson for long since he seems to pack up and move ever so often.

I always thought Ellie knew that Joel was lying. I mean you can tell by looking at face after he says "I swear", it's the look of disappointment. Also I wouldn't be surprised if her "Old man" that Jesse refers to is actually Tommy. I'm assuming Joel didn't end up staying in Jackson for long since he seems to pack up and move ever so often.
I thought this as well. But apparently Joel is on an "away" mission at the start of this game. At least that is what I think I heard in an interview. I do wonder if Joel has left recently, which is why Tommy shows up with that box at Ellie's place. That it is Joel's.

9/25/2019
THE LAST OF US PART II: The Highly Anticipated Sequel Will Reportedly Span Two Blu-Ray Discs
The Last of Us Part II will reportedly be so huge that physical copies of the highly anticipated sequel will contain a set of two discs. Hit the jump to find out more...Read more

9/26/2019
Joel Plays A Major Role In THE LAST OF US PART II, According To The Game's Director
The Last of Us Part II Director, Neil Druckmann, has recently revealed that Joel will be playing a major role in Naughty Dog's highly anticipated title.Read more

9/26/2019
THE LAST OF US PART II: Multiplayer Factions Will Return Eventually, Says Naughty Dog
Naughty Dog recently addressed the news that The Last of Us Part II won't include an online multiplayer mode by reassuring fans that Factions will return one dayRead more

9/27/2019
THE LAST OF US PART II Co-Director Shares New Details On The Game's Advanced AI
Thanks to co-director Anthony Newman, we have even more new details on the AI in The Last of Us Part II, and it seems the upcoming game will take Naughty Dog to new heights. Hit the jump for more info.
Read more

10/4/2019
THE LAST OF US PART II Director On Why The Highly Anticipated Sequel Has Taken So Long
Neil Druckmann, one of the directors of The Last of Us Part II, recently explained why it has essentially taken so many years to put the highly anticipated sequel together.Read more

1 day ago
THE LAST OF US PART II Director Discusses The Larger Areas Players Will Be Able To Explore
Naughty Dog has built a reputation for taking what players love and improving, and now The Last of Us Part II director discusses how this will extend to the areas players can explore in their upcoming game.Read more

10 hours ago
THE LAST OF US PART II Director On What Separates The "Shambler" From Other Infected Enemy Types
Neil Druckmann, co-director of The Last of Us Part II, recently detailed the new "Shambler" infected enemy type — in terms of both gameplay and story. Find out more...Read more

source: https://gamefragger.com

I'm having Uncharted 4 flashbacks. Compared to other studios screwups this is a minor thing, but it's still not a good PR move. Wait three ****ing years to announce a release date, and then immediately turn around and delay the game.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Can't say I'm surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Can't say I'm surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.
Game publishers really need to just stop announcing release dates to the public until after a game goes Gold. Only tell retailers a release date prior to the game being finished so they can prep. Sure retailers will leak it, but that's on the retailer and not the publisher.

The fact that this is gonna leak into my CyberPunk 2077 play time means I probably won't pick this up immediately.

Game publishers really need to just stop announcing release dates to the public until after a game goes Gold. Only tell retailers a release date prior to the game being finished so they can prep. Sure retailers will leak it, but that's on the retailer and not the publisher.

Yeah, it's been an industry-wide problem for a long time. At this point it's more shocking when a game isn't pushed back from its original release date.

doesn't bother me. I'd rather a game get delayed 3 months for more polish than be rushed out broken and buggy to meet some artificial date. Looking at you WWE 2K20.....cough.....cough.....(though I am having fun with that game).

of course, if May becomes July then becomes September and so on, then it gets concerning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"