The Last of Us The Last Of Us 2

I question that. Especially as they made this change right after announcing the release date, and it just so happened to give them the summer released window they had become accustomed to.
So you think the game's just been finished, sitting in a drawer since february?
With the hardcore crunch hours that Naughty Dog are so infamous for, I can pretty much guarantee that they keep working on the game until the very last second.

So you think the game's just been finished, sitting in a drawer since february?
With the hardcore crunch hours that Naughty Dog are so infamous for, I can pretty much guarantee that they keep working on the game until the very last second.
No, I think they slowed development once they saw the pre-sales and realized they had another God of War and Spider-Man on their hands.

Everyone works on games past them going gold now. That isn't new. There was still crunch, but not necessarily what it would have been with three more extra months.

I doubt anything has slowed in the months since that initial release date. Just a much larger crunch period.

On the plus side, it sounds like the game itself is basically done. The issue is probably manufacturing, which I hope means the delay isn't too long. Maybe even a month? A boy can hope. Ghost is totally next as well. ****...
Maybe, but if the game was more or less complete I wonder if they would have done a digital-only release in May and delayed the disc release to a later point.

Maybe, but if the game was more or less complete I wonder if they would have done a digital-only release in May and delayed the disc release to a later point.
Reading the statement, I don't think so. Because it sounds like they are worried about sales, do to the fact that they can't get it out to everyone at the same time. Even if most people buy games digitally now, and I don't think they do, that is a huge chunk that don't. Which hurts their bottom line, bad.

I am just going to point out that work from home crunch is likely less productive than traditional crunch.

Like with Wonder Woman this wouldn't have been an issue if they released them on their original release dates...

On the plus side, it sounds like the game itself is basically done. The issue is probably manufacturing, which I hope means the delay isn't too long. Maybe even a month? A boy can hope. Ghost is totally next as well. ****...

That makes this even more frustrating.
:wall:

At this point I dont expect to get this game until next spring or summer. The earliest I think theyd release it is this christmas and that's only if all this quarantine **** is wrapped up by June. I cant get my hopes up.

I am just going to point out that work from home crunch is likely less productive than traditional crunch.
Sure. But the crunch now is testing and bug finish, and the statement does not make it sound like they are having trouble finishing the game. It sounds very much like an manufacturing issue.

That makes this even more frustrating.
:wall:

At this point I dont expect to get this game until next spring or summer. The earliest I think theyd release it is this christmas and that's only if all this quarantine **** is wrapped up by June. I cant get my hopes up.
They arent holding it back that much. Remember that Sony still needs to make money and you dont make any if you dont release stuff. Assuming the PS5 still comes out this fall, I can see it being held back as a launch title for the system bc I can only imagine several launch games may now not be read. With the PS5 being backwards compatible, it'll be easy enough to rebrand this game as a PS4/PS5 title from the getgo. They could probably throw in exclusive content for the PS5 to help incentivize people to get the system

They arent holding it back that much. Remember that Sony still needs to make money and you dont make any if you dont release stuff. Assuming the PS5 still comes out this fall, I can see it being held back as a launch title for the system bc I can only imagine several launch games may now not be read. With the PS5 being backwards compatible, it'll be easy enough to rebrand this game as a PS4/PS5 title from the getgo. They could probably throw in exclusive content for the PS5 to help incentivize people to get the system
The way I see it, they will want to release it before the PS5 comes out, so like with the original game, they can sell it twice.

The way I see it, they will want to release it before the PS5 comes out, so like with the original game, they can sell it twice.
The PS4 wasnt backwards compatible so there was no way to get it on the game without remastering it and selling it again. Thats not the case as SOny has confirmed that the PS5 will play PS4 games. Considering this is a first party game and one being made so late in the cycle, you best believe ND has been developing it with that in mind so this will be compatible. Doesnt make sense to sell it twice as two different SKUs like they did with the original

The PS4 wasnt backwards compatible so there was no way to get it on the game without remastering it and selling it again. Thats not the case as SOny has confirmed that the PS5 will play PS4 games. Considering this is a first party game and one being made so late in the cycle, you best believe ND has been developing it with that in mind so this will be compatible. Doesnt make sense to sell it twice as two different SKUs like they did with the original
The backwards compatibility of the PS5 isn't exactly all that thorough. Right now we don't even know what what it will play. More over, this is Sony.

The backwards compatibility of the PS5 isn't exactly all that thorough. Right now we don't even know what what it will play. More over, this is Sony.
I dont think there's any possibility that this game wont be BC. Again its being made by a first party studio at the same time the PS5 dev kits have been available.

I dont think there's any possibility that this game wont be BC. Again its being made by a first party studio at the same time the PS5 dev kits have been available.
Yes. And what stops Sony from making it backwards compatible down the line while getting to other games, "first"? This is Sony after all. There is no reason all of their games shouldn't be backwards compatible, and yet we are going to have this issue for some reason.

This is before we get into the fact that the PS5 is probably going to get delayed, with manufacturing around the world at a standstill at the moment.

If the PS5 comes out this year, I'd be surprised. Besides potential manufacturing issues, launching a $500 game console on the back of the economic issues that will be facing people if this continues seems... risky, to say the least.

Yes. And what stops Sony from making it backwards compatible down the line while getting to other games, "first"? This is Sony after all. There is no reason all of their games shouldn't be backwards compatible, and yet we are going to have this issue for some reason.

This is before we get into the fact that the PS5 is probably going to get delayed, with manufacturing around the world at a standstill at the moment.
Obviously its speculation on my part but Id be willing to bet money that when the PS5 is released that this game will be playable on it. Im 100% positive on that

I hope they move it to PS5 release. Not only they have more time to polish it with a bit more leisure pace, it's also nice to play it with improved graphics right away.

I hope they move it to PS5 release. Not only they have more time to polish it with a bit more leisure pace, it's also nice to play it with improved graphics right away.
I'm pretty sure that's a lot more complicated than it sounds.

To turn their PS4 game into a PS5 game.

Maybe they're already doing it, for a PS5 remaster, I don't know.
Maybe they do. Maybe it will be a multigen release. Especially in light of no concrete release date.

It really disappointed me big when it delayed again.

I already pre order this since the end of last year.
Since The Avengers still has no release date in Japan, The Last of Us 2 is my most anticipated title this year.

It is a huge blow with already a lot of movie title, event that already cancelled or postponed this year.

At least now, in the meantime, I will busy-ing myself with Biohazard Re 3.

To turn their PS4 game into a PS5 game.

Maybe they're already doing it, for a PS5 remaster, I don't know.
The PS5 will be backwards compatible with the PS4. There is no need to do a remaster. They'll likely just promote it as a crossgen title and use the time to optimize it for the PS5's hardware (faster load times, ray tracing)

Everything I am reading is this game is about to be done. Even working from home, Druckmann is talking about a digital only release, just as Sony pulled the game from digital store fronts, and started refunding the pre-orders. This is purely about profit for Sony. They seem worried about how many day one sales they are going to lose without a physical edition.

I wonder if there is tension between Naughty Dog and Sony over this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"