'The Last of Us' HBO Series

So…….How much of game 2 are we getting in season 2? It is appears to be ending with the beginning of the Seattle level.

Waiting for an Abby sighting. I want to see her.

So…….How much of game 2 are we getting in season 2? It is appears to be ending with the beginning of the Seattle level.

Kane's screenshot from Twitter isn't enough? You get both Allie and Abby sighting.

I still think season 2 is going to end with Abby going to the theater with Ellie at gunpoint

But if the showrunners say game 2 will be more than two seasons then I don't know where a good stopping point would be before that moment. Maybe the major flashback with Ellie and Joel at St Mary's Hospital?

I still think season 2 is going to end with Abby going to the theater with Ellie at gunpoint

But if the showrunners say game 2 will be more than two seasons then I don't know where a good stopping point would be before that moment. Maybe the major flashback with Ellie and Joel at St Mary's Hospital?
I am being greedy with what I am about to say but film season 3 back to back. Have season 2 and 3 one year apart.

That seems the most logical ending point to me whether or not they expand it beyond two seasons. Here's the way I see it:

If they spread TLOU2 over two seasons then season three will be the Abby part of the game across however many episodes with the last two episodes of the season consisting of the epilogue (farm and California stuff plus the Ellie and Joel flashback could fit two episodes). In that case they could easily adapt TLOU2 in two 10-episode seasons. It takes about 24 hours to beat the game straightforward so taking into account that you'd also shave some hours off because of the gameplay factor.

If they spread it across three seasons I can't really think of a breaking point between S3 and S4 that would work better than the confrontation at the theater. If they insist on three seasons to give Naughty Dog more time to work on TLOU3 then maybe three 8-episode seasons could work but there'd also have to be a lot of padding. There could be more backstory behind Ellie and Dina moving to the farm and Abby and Lev's journey to California to pad it out. I guess that could always be a good thing when you remember that S1E3 was almost entirely comprised of original material not in the game and that episode was an instant classic.

Personally I'd prefer if it's adapted across two seasons but I also trust the creative team if they decide to stretch it over three.

chills-literal.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"