The Last of Us The Last of Us Part III

I think the story of the second game is pretty hard to drag out too long. The idea to end the first season with *that event* makes sense out of context, but it would mean an entire season of padding since it's not a mid plot event, it's what starts the plot.

I also think that they should use the show medium to instead cut between Ellie and Abby more than the game did, so I have a hard time seeing a good middle point of the story. I'd probably prefer one season being made from the second game and they can trim off some fat, and possibly have more than 9 episodes.

Well, wouldn't the middle point be the switch?

Didn't Wednesday just release at the very end of 2022?

TLOUII was twice the size of the first game. It wasn't super long but over 20 hours. They could easily make a season out of the flashbacks. Then A season each for Ellie's and Abby's sections. Do I think they will do that? No I don't. But they could.
It was released last year.

The point is the Viewers are gonna wait more than a year. For Tv shows that is long.

Well, wouldn't the middle point be the switch?

Not if they cut between them as I said that I think they should do. The backlash to having to play Abby is also something I see as extra indication that it won't be a good thing to try to sell a new season without the main character, at least for a long while, and instead have it be about the character everyone hates at that point. I think it works better to sprinkle that in the season everyone is already watching, either having both shown in episodes or going back and forth between episodes, and I think the writers are good enough to tell that reveal in a different way. In fact I hope for a telling of the story that's better than the game as I think the story had some quite weak points despite the majority being good.

This game could be that much bigger after the huge success of the show.

It was released last year.

The point is the Viewers are gonna wait more than a year. For Tv shows that is long.

They're not going to wait 4/5 years though. If the 3rd game isn't out until 2026, we're waiting another 2 years at least for the show to adapt it

That is rather binary thinking. She either feels meaningless or she has a reason to live but can't find a way to help save mankind from extinction.

She could also just be immune and not able to cure humanity. In the end, humanity dies and only Ellie survives. Ellie is the Last of Us.:word:

Not sure what's up with that headline when the full quote is basically saying Part III is next without saying it...
"I know the fans really want The Last of Us Part 3. I hear about it all the time. All I can say is that we’re already into our next project. The decision has already been made. I can’t say what it is but that’s the process we went through. There was a lot of consideration of different things and we picked the thing we were most excited for."

Not sure what's up with that headline when the full quote is basically saying Part III is next without saying it...

I think you can interpret that as them doing something else. He's saying that they didn't choose based on what the fans want but what makes them (as in the studio) excited.

If they aren't most excited by the same thing as the fans then it will be a different project.

That says a lot of nothing. Is it Part III? Is it a spin off game? Some other IP entirely? Who knows, which is entirely why he was cagey.

Is there a lot of interest in Factions? I would prefer Naughty Dog just to be focusing on TLOU3 or a big new IP (or Uncharted but that doesn’t look likely). Feels like much of their talents would be wasted on multiplayer stuff.

Is there a lot of interest in Factions? I would prefer Naughty Dog just to be focusing on TLOU3 or a big new IP (or Uncharted but that doesn’t look likely). Feels like much of their talents would be wasted on multiplayer stuff.
A fantasy game is rumoured to be their neXt game after The Last of Multiplayer.

A fantasy game is rumoured to be their neXt game after The Last of Multiplayer.
Yeah, I’d heard that and would be very much up for that given it’s my favourite genre. Would love to see what such a high quality studio could bring to that. Feels painful that they will have spent years on a multiplayer title when they are one of the very best at single player and it will mean waiting a lot longer for any new single player IP or further entries in TLOU or Uncharted (one of my absolute favourites but sounds like they might be done with it :csad: ).

Yeah, I’d heard that and would be very much up for that given it’s my favourite genre. Would love to see what such a high quality studio could bring to that. Feels painful that they will have spent years on a multiplayer title when they are one of the very best at single player and it will mean waiting a lot longer for any new single player IP or further entries in TLOU or Uncharted (one of my absolute favourites but sounds like they might be done with it :csad: ).
It does seem like this multiplayer is taking so long to come out. Iirc this was supposed to come out with Part II or serve as a dlc.

It does seem like this multiplayer is taking so long to come out. Iirc this was supposed to come out with Part II or serve as a dlc.
I would have been fine if it had just been DLC for TLOU II, but it's taking up years of an awesome studio. A little like Rocksteady wasting time on a SS GAAS game.

They’ll do everything but a ps5 port of TLOU 2.
Way overdue. Feels like Factions has totally F'd up Naughty Dog's roadmap. Any of TLOU3, Uncharted (unless they're fully done with it) or a new IP (fantasy as was once heard) would get fans so excited.

According to insider DanielRPK (via ResetEra), known mainly for their Marvel leaks, TLOU 3 will introduce five new characters: Lucas, Mason, Val, Ezra and Gracie. This is reportedly a group of survivors called “scavengers,” and come from various backgrounds and age groups. Val is a female leader of the group who Ezra is attempting to oust. Mason is a former soldier who is stuck choosing between Val and Ezra, and Gracie is reportedly a young female whereas Lucas is an “affable” male with a dark side.

In response to DanielRPK’s report, insider ViewerAnon reassured fans that Ellie will be an “important” part of TLOU 3. They added that motion capture work is all set to kick off this year.

I just hope if there's a 2nd playable character it won't be a surprise. I feel like if Sony let people know in advance that Abby would be playable, the negative reaction could have been lower.

If I wasn't spoiled, Abby being playable would really took me by surprise and not in a good way (like in LA Noire, when there was a 2nd playable character). Though I did like some of Abby's sections in the previous game, especially seeing their camp.

I hope both Abby and Ellie make an appearance at the very least. It certainly wouldn't be TLOU without Ellie.

Hell I would like to see Tommy also.
Was there any question of Ellie not being a main character of TLOU3? Surely her story needs to get finished regardless. I think they need to give Abby some material too. I’m happy to meet new characters but I’d want for both to get resolved well (by TLOU standards, which may be more bleak than for your average game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"