The Legend of Legacy

The Legend of Legacy To Release In North America On October 13th. August 13, 2015 . 6:16pm

The first-print Launch Edition version of the game also includes a 40-page hardcover art book featuring artwork by Tomomi Kobayashi, and a 10-track soundtrack CD by Masashi Hamauzu.

Atlus USA announced that The legend of Legacy, the Nintendo 3DS RPG developed by a team of former Square Enix staff as an homage to the SaGa franchise, is releasing in North America on October 13th, along with a “Launch Edition” version of the game.

The Launch Edition is a limited first-print copy that includes a 40-page premium hardcover art book featuring artwork by character artist Tomomi Kobayashi, a 10-track soundtrack CD with music by composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa and Final Fantasy XIII.)

Like previous Atlus releases, the Launch Edition will only be available to those who pre-order the game, and only a limited number of in-store quantity will be available at launch. The game will release both digitally and physically on October 13 for $39.99/CA$49.99.

Here are some extra details on The Legend of Legacy provided by Atlus USA:

In The Legend of Legacy, Seven adventurers – Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, Filmia – arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives – be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the “god” on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon’s forgotten history.

Gameplay features in The Legend of Legacy include:

• Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!

• Combat Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.

• Legendary Development - Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGaseries), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.

• Adjusted for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!

The Legend of Legacy is set for release in North America on October 13, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS. As previously reported, Europe is getting the game sometime in 2016.

Read more stories about Legend of Legacy & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

The Legend Of Legacy Draws Amnesiac Bianca And Elementalist Merus To Avalon. August 18, 2015 . 2:00pm

The Legend of Legacy brings seven characters to the mysterious island of Avalon. A new video shared by Atlus shows us Bianca and Merus.
[YT]X9FetmCQAQg[/YT]
The Legend of Legacy brings seven characters to the mysterious island of Avalon. A new video shared by Atlus shows us Bianca and Merus. Here’s a little bit about these two travelers:
Bianca
A young girl with long, ice-blonde hair, Bianca awakens on Avalon with no memory of how she got there. Or anything else for that matter. She is a mild and gentle girl who despite her unfortunate circumstances and loss of memory remains optimistic. Bianca senses that the answers to her memory loss lie deep within the island, and she is determined to recover her identity.
Bianca’s base stats imply that she is well suited for a support class. She has affinities for wind and fire elements, and prefers to use short swords, axes, spears, and bows in combat.
Meurs
One of the few remaining elementalists alive. The elements have been gathering to Avalon for unknown reasons, and Meurs is determined to find out why they’ve been so attracted to the island. He communicates with the elements and travels the earth with the spirits as his guide.
Meurs also makes for a strong support ally in battle and prefers short swords with a shield. He has a strong affinity for the wind element.
The Legend of Legacy comes out for Nintendo 3DS on October 13 in North America.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & The Legend of Legacy on Siliconera.

Also with

3DS
The Legend of Legacy trailer introduces Liber, Garnet
Published 19 hours ago. 5 comments.

Meet the treasure hunter and the templar knight.

LoL-PV_08-25-15.jpg

Continuing its series of character introduction videos, this week’s The Legend of Legacy trailer introduces treasure hunter Liber and templar knight Garnet, both playable characters in the upcoming 3DS game.
Players will choose one of seven characters to use as their main protagonist, and this selection will alter the story’s focus. Players will also start with a fixed three-person party based on the character they choose, but after the prologue, will be able to switch out the remaining two party members.
If you missed it, catch the Bianca and Meurs trailer here.
Get Liber and Garnet’s trailer and details below.

[YT]uManOb9WRQc[/YT]
Liber
A treasure hunter with a penchant for danger, and also profiting off said danger, Liber is coming to Avalon not for a noble cause, but rather to line his pockets.
Being the resourceful adventurer, Liber is one of the strongest supports in the game and excels with bare fists, short swords, and spears. Plus, Liber has a strong affinity for the wind element.

Garnet
A trained templar knight, Garnet is loyal to her holy order, and is exploring Avalon to stamp out the heretics spreading blasphemous rumors about gods returning to the mortal realm.
Garnet has balanced offense and defense, making her versatile in party formations. She prefers long swords and shields, and she doesn’t have any elemental affinities at all.
Read More

3DS, Atlus, Clips, Furyu, RPG, The Legend of Legacy, Trailers

source: Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited:

3DS
The Legend of Legacy demo coming September 22, final character trailer
Published 8 hours ago. 4 comments.

Introducing Owen, Eloise, and Filmia.

LoL-PV_09-09-15.jpg

A demo for The Legend of Legacy will launch for 3DS on the Nintendo eShop in North America on September 22, Atlus announced.

The demo lets users play through the prologue and first two dungeons. The save file will transfer to the full game, meaning the progress you make in the 30 max demo playthroughs will carry over in the final release.

Additionally, Atlus released the last of the game’s character trailers, introducing Owen, Eloise, and Filmia. If you missed them, previous trailers introduced Bianca and Meurs, and Liber and Garnet.
Get the trailer and character descriptions below.
[YT]5ujiGjGmOB8[/YT]
Owen
A mercenary who excels at combat, he’s known for his battle prowess as the “Baron.” His attacks are strong and he has a penchant for long swords, axes, and shields. But like Garnet, he doesn’t have any affinity to the elementals.
Eloise
As an alchemist, Eloise has a…unique pursuit after arriving on Avalon. Her dedication to the alchemical arts combined with her beauty has her searching the mysterious island for the secret to eternal youth.
You might think of Eloise as being similar to a mage-type character, and you’d be right! She has affinities for ALL the elements, and excels with either bow or staff.
Filmia
He’s a frog. He has an awesome dance. Do I really need to say more, because I know you’re going to pick him first anyways. Well, you should also know that he’s the heir to a lost kingdom, and looking to find a home for his people on Avalon!
Filmia is one of the stronger attackers in the game and excels with spears. You should equip him with a spear (insert frog gig joke here). Also, being a frog, he has a strong bond with the water element.
The Legend of Legacy is due out for 3DS in North America on October 13 and in Europe in early 2016.

Read More

3DS, Atlus, Clips, Demos, Furyu, RPG, The Legend of Legacy, Trailers
source: Gematsu

The Legend Of Legacy Is A Lot Like Final Fantasy II. October 2, 2015 . 1:30pm

The Legend of Legacy is getting compared to a lot of games, but people should start talking about its similarities to Final Fantasy II.

CPjawgFU8AAVaKS.jpg

When it comes to Atlus and Furyu’s The Legend of Legacy, people are going out of their way to compare it to other games in an attempt to help people understand how it works or why it’s appealing. You may hear how it’s a callback to the SaGa series, due to its seven playable protagonists. (All of which become party members in your chosen hero or heroine’s tale, by the way.) Some are referencing Bravely Default or Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, due to a visual presentation that makes everything look like some sort of sepia-toned pop-up book. There’s a game everyone should be referencing when talking about The Legend of Legacy though, and no one is. I’m talking about Final Fantasy II.
Final Fantasy II was something of a black sheep of the Final Fantasy family. It had an unusual leveling system where characters gained specific levels in certain stats based upon actions players had them take in battle. In this way, people were able to determine their own "classes" for characters in their party based on practical usage. The Legend of Legacy functions in a similar manner.

CPjqcFTVAAAdNAu.jpg

Each character in The Legend of Legacy has equipment slots that determine what can be brought into battle. For example, they have two hands that can equip a weapon or shield each and two slots for accessories or items. I chose Eloise as my lead character and chose to equip her with a polearm, silver claw, Singing Shard and medicine box. The polearm and silver claw allowed her to perform attacks in battle, the medicine box let her heal one ally up to 100 points with no usage limitations, and the Singing Shard was a charm that aligned with Water Elementals for magic attacks.

This meant in battle, Eloise had five categories with actions she could draw upon. The polearm and silver claw were for general weapon-based attacks, with skills that used skill points opening up as she became more accustomed to using the weapons. The medicine box let her heal allies. The Singing Shard provided access to water magic. Plus, she could always go unarmed for fist-based attacks. Other stats, like health and attack, level up gradually in battles.

CPjaZ10VEAAPTXi.jpg

While Eloise turned into my Jill of all trades in Legend of Legacy, Owen quickly fell into a defined role. This is a surprisingly difficult game, with even initial battles requiring one character acting as a tank. Since Owen came equipped with a buckler, he became the party’s protector. Sure, he had a Sword of Tragedy that was very effective for doling out damage, but actions in-game quickly brought his Guard level up to 17, reducing the damage he’d take when stepping in for one of his allies.

Especially helpful is the fact that these characters level up during battle. If Liber’s Sharpshooter arts, tied to his bow, leveled up in the middle of a fight, he would suddenly start dealing more damage to opponents. When Eloise’s staff prowess improved, the Hindering Blow skill was suddenly available. It’s handy, considering how difficult The Legend of Legacy can be.
CPjaDeIUwAAV8r1.jpg

It’s a smart system, which makes it more surprising that more games don’t use it. Some of the only others in recent history that focus on levels for weapons to increase damage and skills are titles in the Disgaea and Rune Factory line. It adds a sense of realism to games, since it stands to reason that The Legend of Legacy‘s heroes and heroines might become more proficient with a weapon after using it to put the smackdown on about forty Warrior Drones.

The demo for The Legend of Legacy is immediately available in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. People who grab it can try it 30 times. Make sure you save at least one of those tries though, as save data can carry over if you decide to purchase a full copy of the game when it is released on October 13, 2015.

Read more stories about Atlus & Nintendo 3DS & The Legend of Legacy on Siliconera.

The Legend of Legacy’s Eloise Is Quite A Character. October 6, 2015 . 1:30pm

Eloise is a selfish, hilarious, and effective character in The Legend of Legacy who could absolutely enhance your adventure.

The Legend of Legacy is like a SaGa game, in that there’s a large cast of heroes and heroines to choose from for your main avatar. Eventually all characters join your party, no matter who you choose as your point person, but the one that you follow is the one that gets the most face time. The other initial allies get a bit of extra dialogue as well, but it feels like everyone who joins after ends up being "optional." Their stories, their tales don’t matter.

But I didn’t come here to get you all depressed about how the people you don’t pick as your person of interest in The Legend of Legacy won’t enjoy the same sort of fame in the game. Rather, I’m here to tell you what you can expect to learn about the one that you do choose. So with that, I’d like to talk a little about Eloise.

I went with Eloise as my heroine for a number of reasons. For starters, she’s cute. I mean, all of the characters are adorable in their own way. Filmia, the frog, is great, but I was worried about having him as my main character because he may have been gimmicky. Bianca is also precious, but I wasn’t up for yet another amnesiac avatar. Then there was Eloise. She seemed like an antihero, because The Legend of Legacy set her up as some sort of selfish woman searching for the Star Graal in the hopes of using it to acquire immortality. Morally dubious people can be interesting sometimes, and I chose her in the hopes of interesting dialogue and potential character growth.

Well, I wasn’t disappointed when it came to the amusing part. Eloise’s story begins with her working in disguise at a bar on Avalon. She’s dressed up as an old, overweight woman and faking an accent, all in an attempt to learn more about the Star Graal before going after it for herself. Owen and Liber happen to be at the establishment, and Owen sees through her front. Deciding that the two are strong enough to act as her partners, she reveals her true self and the three form a party to explore the island in search of treasures.

Eloise has quite the personality. She peppers her dialogue with heart icons. Many of her quotes come across as self serving or selfish. In short, she comes across as a gimmick character, like Filmia, but also is rather amusing. I get the sense that there’s more to her than FuRyu initially shows and am optimistic about character development.

Even more important, Eloise has turned out to be a perfect all-around heroine. When I play a game, I like my main character to be versatile. It’s comforting to know the one I’d likely need around all the time would be capable of dealing decent damage, healing the party, and even working magic when needed. Eloise is perfect for this role. Even though she’s more of a mage character, she works well with staves and claws in my game. She has affinities for all elements as well, which means I can have her assigned to whichever magic I feel would be most beneficial at the time.

Though, as I mentioned earlier, The Legend of Legacy is a game where any character can eventually be molded into what you want them to be. Just for my purposes, I appreciated that Eloise seemed ready-made to fit my particular needs.

Especially since her complimentary party worked out so well. I’m so-so on Liber, and often replace him with Filmia, but find Owen to be as essential as Eloise due to his tanking affinity.

But perhaps what I appreciate most about Eloise is her sass. The Legend of Legacy is a game that focuses more on the act of dungeon crawling and adventuring than telling a story, likely due to the number of characters fulfilling roles in the game. There are asides from time to time, especially when characters choose to escape from battle, and Eloise seems to have a knack for saying things that are both realistic and amusing.

Eloise is not the nicest character in The Legend of Legacy, but she’s a great ally to have around. If you get the game when it comes to the Nintendo 3DS on October 13, she could prove to be a very valuable ally.

Read more stories about Atlus & Furyu & Nintendo 3DS & The Legend of Legacy on Siliconera.

Grappling With The Grind In The Legend Of Legacy . October 9, 2015 . 1:30pm

You’re going to have to go through a lot of battles in The Legend of Legacy, which can be frustrating if you don’t approach them in the right way.

Here’s the thing about The Legend of Legacy. There’s been a lot of commentary surrounding the game for a number of reasons. Some are about the positive allusions to previous JRPGs. Others are about the amount of work that goes into actually playing the game. Here’s what you need to know that’s important. The Legend of Legacy is going to make you grind, and there’s a good chance you aren’t going to like that.

That doesn’t mean The Legend of Legacy is a bad game. If anything, I’d call it the most frustrating game that I love. There are a lot of positive design decisions I like, such as presentation of characters, sepia-toned look of the world, that I’ll sometimes be surprised when a party member Awakens and learns a skill, and how handy the ability to send out trading ships for items can be. However, this comes with a lot of things that can nag at someone.

The Legend of Legacy sometimes feels like a 15 hour game trapped inside of a 60 hour one. It wouldn’t be a stretch to call the amount of necessary grinding excessive. I believe it’s an unfortunate consequence of FuRyu daring to do something different. Because the company decided to go with a leveling system that centers around specific actions and do something different, rather than overall improvements, a player may need to go through hours of battles to get a character to a point where he or she is battle ready.

Heaven forbid you decide to pull one of the characters you meet in town into your party. That might not go well. These people only level up when they’re in the party, so ones who join later won’t be on par with your original three. As an example, when I began my game with Eloise, Owen, and Liber, Eloise was level 7 in attack, level 10 in guard, and level 5 in support. Owen was level 5 in attack, level 14 in guard, and level 4 in support. Liber was level 4 in attack, level 5 in guard, and level 13 in support.

When my first extra character, Filmia, joined the party, he had a level 10 in attack, level 5 in guard, and level 7 in support. By that time, Eloise had reached attack level 11, remained at guard level 10, and had gone to support level 5. Others showed similar growth. It was easier to shape the people I started with into what I wanted, rather than bring in somebody new.

Which is a positive to the game. If you like a character and are willing to put the time in, you can make any of the people you like into the powerhouses you want them to be. Certainly, some are stronger in specific fields initially and have certain weapon affinities that mean they’ll be more capable with and likely to Awaken a skill for an item, but anyone can use any item. Eloise should have been using staves, bows, and elements, but I routinely had her equipped with short swords. I never regretted the decision.

Perhaps the best advice with The Legend of Legacy is it get it alongside an additional Nintendo 3DS game. That may seem counterintuitive advice, but there’s wisdom there. While this is a JRPG, the story isn’t as strong as other titles. you aren’t constantly encountering important events or triggering specific scenes that will be easily forgotten. You’re focused on your main character’s tale, and not the seven other party members. Since so much of the game is about the battles, it’s easier to deal with this game by picking up a complementary title and playing the two in bursts.

Which is honestly how I’ve been handling The Legend of Legacy myself. I set aside a three to four hour period for myself to play games every night. I played The Legend of Legacy for an hour, then would either decorate one animal’s home in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer or take Chibi-Robo through at least two levels in Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash. By taking the time to step away, I found myself naturally pacing myself in The Legend of Legacy. I didn’t recklessly rush into mini-boss or boss battles I might not win, because I hadn’t spent three hours grinding to find I still wasn’t ready for the foe. If I grew tired of facing the same battles against general mooks, I stepped away to battle different general mooks in another game. It all worked out.

It also made it easier to bear the weight for the trading vessels to go in-and-out in The Legend of Legacy. Which was another boon in dealing with grinding, because each new shipment usually provided at least one weapon or piece of armor that would make my characters strong enough to think about taking on the more challenging opponents. Since you can’t just revisit the ship the next time you go to town if you want the good stuff, the forced breaks made it seem like I wasn’t biding my time until my ship came in.

I suppose what I’m saying is to focus in The Legend of Legacy, but not focus too long or too hard. You want to center in on specific party members, picking a role for them and having them level those actions, so you aren’t unnecessarily leveling seven people you can’t possibly use at once. Especially since almost all of Atlus’ alterations, save the ones determining when trading shipments arrive, apply to New Game+ item drop rates or what carries over from one game to the next. You’ll also want to go ahead and take breaks every one to two, at most three, hours so you don’t get frustrated by fighting the same folks over and over until you’re ready for greater things.

The Legend of Legacy will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS on October 13.

Read more stories about Atlus & Furyu & Nintendo 3DS & The Legend of Legacy on Siliconera.

The Legend of Legacy Improves Its New Game Plus For The West. October 12, 2015 . 7:30am

Atlus recently spoke of the changes that were made to the Western version of the game’s New Game Plus.

Atlus will be releasing The Legend of Legacy, a SaGa-inspired Nintendo 3DS game made by former SaGa developers. An Atlus PR rep recently spoke of the changes that were made to the Western version of the game’s New Game Plus.

The changes were made in a way to require less grinding for money and loot. Here’s what the Atlus PR had to share:

So here’s the deal about the adjustments we made in bringing the game to the west. By and large, they mostly affect NG+.
In NG+, all the money and formations you designed now carry over. Any special weapons you created will also be available to purchase in the shop.

Drop rates for items and materials was increased across the board. Drop rate for rare items goes up in subsequent NG+. FICTITIOUS EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE THIS POINT: The made-up drop rates for a rare item could be in the first 1st Game – 1%, in NG+ 5%, NG++ 8%, NG+++ 10% etc. Let me stress that these numbers are made up and I have no idea what they are for actual items.

Finally, the time it takes the trade ship to return is decreased substantially. The ship uses real-world time, and we’ve decreased the amount of time it takes to return.

Basically, the adjustments were to cut down on the amount of grinding in subsequent playthroughs, making NG+ a little more palatable for western audiences.
The Legend of Legacy will release for Nintendo 3DS in North America on October 13th, 2015 and Europe in Q1 2016.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & The Legend of Legacy on Siliconera.

3DS
The Legend of Legacy launches February 5 in Europe
Published 9 hours ago. 18 comments.

3DS RPG gets a new trailer for European audiences.

TLoL-Feb-5-EU.jpg

The Legend of Legacy will launch for 3DS in Europe on February 5, 2016, as a physical and digital release, publisher NIS America announced.
The RPG, developed by a core group of acclaimed developers who’ve worked on games like SaGa and Chrono Trigger, is already available in North America and Japan.

Find a new trailer and fact sheet below.
[YT]FKcsVe-v-XI[/YT]

About
In The Legend of Legacy, seven adventurers — Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, and Filmia — arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives — be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the “god” on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon’s forgotten history.
In addition to exploring the island of Avalon, Combat will offer plenty of challenges in The Legend of Legacy. Combat is turn-based, but players will have the option to create their own formations tailored to their party of three, meaning each party member can be put into a different combat role (defending, attacking, supporting, etc.) at any given time. Formations can be saved and changed between turns as well, giving players plenty of options to maximize their strategies.

Key Features

• Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all! Combats Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.
  • Legendary Development – Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.
  • Balance for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!
Read More

3DS, Atlus, Clips, Europe, Furyu, NIS America, Release Dates, RPG, The Legend of Legacy, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"