The "Let's Talk Adam Warlock" Thread

Spuzz

The Spuzziest of Spuzzes
Reaction score
I've loved comics my whole life but have never been a hardcore collector or comics buff outside of the knowledge I've gained from reading random issues.When I was little I had a Marvel comic where almost every major player in the Marvel universe had to team up against a mutual threat. The cover was shiny golden and featured a shining female knight-like character calling out to many famous Marvel characters. I forget the name of the comic but it heavily featured the character Adam Warlock. I don't see or hear this guy discussed much. He always struck me as a very cool character with links to everything cosmic. I recently picked up Infinity Gauntlet and realized he seems to show up in this and Infinity War (was Infinity War the comic I had as a kid?).

Let's talk Warlock.

Last edited:
Sounds like the comic you are discribing was from Infinity Gauntlet.

Anyway, best Warlock story is Starlin's Magus Saga: Strange Tales #178-181, Warlock #9-11, 15. He teams up with the Avengers afterwards against Thanos in Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2, which are also good.

Did some digging. Turns out the comic I had was Issue #1 of Infinity Crusade.

I'm going to try to read every comic Warlock's ever appeared in :) Those you mentioned I'll definitely check out.

I really like those Astral Council guys Warlock often convenes with. The Living Tribunal, The Watcher, and those various giant talking heads. I feel the cosmic fantasy style Marvel comics have a very cool feel to them that's unique.

I see a bunch of images online of a very different looking, obviously more recent Warlock. He seems to work with the Guardians of the Galaxy? Has he always been with them?

I think I should try reading some Dr Strange too. I have a lot of reading to do... XD

Yes, Warlock is involved with the Guardians in DnA's run. He is apart of the team that came together in Annihilation: Conquest to stop Ultron and when Star-Lord formed the Guardians he joined.

I've loved Adam Warlock since Infinity Gauntlet. It's a shame he's not used much any more.

So the character of Warlock from the old comics and Adam Warlock in Infinity Guantlet, etc. are the same person right?

Yes, they are.

Also, Axel Alonso said they are eventually going to revisit Warlock in the new cosmic comics.

Ooh nice.

I found a *ahem* place *ahem* where I got every Warlock comic appearance ever. I shall begin reading now and post my thoughts here if anyone's interested.

It's got issues from his first appearance in Fantastic Four all the way until present day.

:D

I always kinda liked Adam. I felt bad that he couldn't have just stayed in retirement with Gamora in that alternate universe and just be left alone. He deserved it :(

So Gamora might be played by Zoe Saldana in GotG it seems...interesting.

I've never been a huge fan, but I like the supporting cast so much.

I'm fine with his non use becuase the current writers in marvel cosmic would just botch him.

^ So effing true. Bendis and Loeb have business being on these books. I think Hickman could do him justice though.

Adam Warlock is interesting because, despite his appearance and cosmic powers, he is sort-of technically human. He was created on Earth by humans. Presumably his DNA is human, aside from being "genetically perfect" or whatever.

I've never really been a fan of Warlock, but I also haven't been exposed to him too much outside of his cameos in Thor comics. He kind of strikes me as the Doctor Strange of the cosmic set--manipulative, often *****ey, but generally a good egg.

Ooooh boy. Corp, if you haven't read the Infinity Gauntlet to see what lengths he's willing to go to to get what he wants, then you owe it to yourself to read it.

I have read The Infinity Gauntlet, but it was a long time ago. I intend to re-read it sometime, but I'm still in the midst of working my way through every Thor appearance ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"