Infinity War Will there be no Adam Warlock? (spoilers)

I have seen the movie multiple times, by the time of this post. You say "other than Ultron helping to create him", but that is the vision's origin. Ultron creates him, though instead of wonder man or maybe the original human torch being added, they used JARVIS. This does not compare to Warlock's origin, or HIM as he was called back then. He was made as the ultimate human creation, by humans. The vision's body was made by ultron. Also when HIM fought Thor, Thor pummeled him and Warlock cocooned himself and fled into space. The vision didn't really fight thor.

Also your defining motif of the gem on the forehead is not exclusive to Adam Warlock. Check out the infinity quest. The Champion, The Gardener, and The Runner, all wore a gem on their forehead. The In-Betweener also wore his gem on his forehead, but he had the soul gem after Warlock, so I didn't count him since that example is similar to Warlock. The Vision doing it just seemed like a perfect fit. All that happened was the Mind gem replaced his solar jewel.

And like I said before Warlock had the soul gem, vision has the mind gem. Adam Warlock is not born with an infinity stone, the high evolutionary gave him the soul gem. The Vision in the movie is born with the mind gem. So the Vision having the mind gem doesn't seem tied at all to Adam Warlock's origin.
THANK YOU! What I've been trying to say exactly! Also Adam Warlock tried to give I think the power gem to Drax the Destroyer to wear on his forehead but he couldn't because Drax was too weak minded to be able to contain it there.

You haven't seen Ininity War. You are speculating whether or not Adam Warlock will be in it.
Having said that i have no problem with the title.

The character has been merged in Avengers 2. You don't have to see IW to know this.

The character has been merged in Avengers 2. You don't have to see IW to know this.

Yeah actually you do because the movie will let us know. There is NOTHING that says Vision is Warlock, NOTHING. IW will either include Warlock or not, thats all we know. The chances of them merging two HUGE characters together is a long shot.

They aren't merging the characters, but I could see where they take AW's role and give it to Vision, the way they did Pym's role in Ultron and gave it to Stark. There's definitely things that are allusions to AW, the cradle, the mind gem, etc. This is still very much Vision.

Misjuevos spelled it out perfectly how the origin is still very much Vision and not anything like AW's.

Neither Vision or AW ever lifted Mjolnir in the comics, so PS's comments that it is somehow meant to show that it is indeed AW, is out of left field. It simply was a tool to show the Avengers that Vision could be trusted.

They aren't merging the characters, but I could see where they take AW's role and give it to Vision, the way they did Pym's role in Ultron and gave it to Stark. There's definitely things that are allusions to AW, the cradle, the mind gem, etc. This is still very much Vision.

Misjuevos spelled it out perfectly how the origin is still very much Vision and not anything like AW's.

Neither Vision or AW ever lifted Mjolnir in the comics, so PS's comments that it is somehow meant to show that it is indeed AW, is out of left field. It simply was a tool to show the Avengers that Vision could be trusted.
Even though I don't like the idea that Vision could replace Warlock's role, again you're absolutely right.

Who needs Adam Warlock when you got Vision?

I will say, Bettany certainly wouldnt have been my last choice to play Adam Warlock

Inkheart-paul-bettany-15049645-853-480.jpg

20f6e0c975f43517d867a281569b39d7.jpg

Still, Cillian Murphy would be my favored:

6500b96e.jpg

Last edited:
^ AHHH hell no!

Too pretty and too evil guy-ish to be Warlock.

I must have missed it in AoU where Vision is merged with Warlock. Where the hell did that happen in the movie? Which scene?

Either way if they nix Warlock from IW then that would be horrible. I've only read the entire IW/Gauntlet run once very recently but Warlock is definitely a huge figure that you can't just replace.

This is the infinity war thread. The question is whether warlock will appear. You stating that he wont because his character has been merged with vision is speculation. No matter how sure you think you are you do not and cannot know.
Repeating the same thing over and over again does not make it so. It just makes you look childish.

You might be right and warlock might not appear but until it is released you cannot know.

They could be going a totally new direction with warlock. Whedon might have been a dick (Marvel did want the pool scene cut) they might want warlock and vision to be similar for some reason. We don't know.

So it seems to me that some posters here think that the heroes in Infinity War will be the Guardians, Avengers (the original team as well as Cap's new team at the end), the four Netflix heroes, Scott Lang, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man and that's it.

We still got 10 movies left, and more heroes are going to be introduced outside of the ones we already know or have films upcoming. I highly doubt that Carol Danvers will go at it alone in the final battle of her movie, as I'd expect she'll have some help (Mar-Vell will be introduced and so might Monica Rambeau because every Marvel movie needs a black sidekick). There have been rumors of Brother Voodoo in Doctor Strange. We've already been introduced to Mockingbird and Quake on Agents of SHIELD. Wasp may even show up in the form of Hope Van Dyne.

And I doubt that GOTG 2 will just feature the current team of Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket. They'll introduce another member of the team. It may or may not be Adam Warlock. It could be Mantis or Moondragon or Quasar.

So just because Adam hasn't shown up yet doesn't mean he won't ever show up. There are still ten moves left (including IW Part 2) and there will be more heroes introduced outside of the ones we have already seen or will see.

BTW, I think Quill's father is going to be Star Hawk. Gunn likes the guy.

Adam Warlock is a silly character on screen I think, adding his origins and stories with Vision is definitely fine by me. If they had the Magus storyline in Infinity War we could see Ultron come back as his bad alter ego character.

I can't believe that this thread is at 7 pages. Glad to see the title was changed though

I'd really hope they add Adam Warlock into Infinity War. He was very integral to the story, as basically the general of the soldiers against Thanos. I'm sure they could hand that role to someone else, but it'd be a shame if they did.

So it seems to me that some posters here think that the heroes in Infinity War will be the Guardians, Avengers (the original team as well as Cap's new team at the end), the four Netflix heroes, Scott Lang, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man and that's it.

We still got 10 movies left, and more heroes are going to be introduced outside of the ones we already know or have films upcoming. I highly doubt that Carol Danvers will go at it alone in the final battle of her movie, as I'd expect she'll have some help (Mar-Vell will be introduced and so might Monica Rambeau because every Marvel movie needs a black sidekick). There have been rumors of Brother Voodoo in Doctor Strange. We've already been introduced to Mockingbird and Quake on Agents of SHIELD. Wasp may even show up in the form of Hope Van Dyne.

And I doubt that GOTG 2 will just feature the current team of Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket. They'll introduce another member of the team. It may or may not be Adam Warlock. It could be Mantis or Moondragon or Quasar.

So just because Adam hasn't shown up yet doesn't mean he won't ever show up. There are still ten moves left (including IW Part 2) and there will be more heroes introduced outside of the ones we have already seen or will see.

BTW, I think Quill's father is going to be Star Hawk. Gunn likes the guy.

It's possible that the Guardians may not be in Infinity War.

Why does every hero have a black sidekick? Thor doesn't. Monica Rambeau isnt even Carol's sidekick in the comics, Jessica Drew is.

It's possible that the Guardians may not be in Infinity War.

Why does every hero have a black sidekick? Thor doesn't. Monica Rambeau isnt even Carol's sidekick in the comics, Jessica Drew is.

Correction...Thor has Heimdall....

Cap has Falcon
Tony has Rhodey
Thor has Heimdall
Jessica Jones has Luke Cage
Daredevil has Rosario Dawson
we can also reverse it and say Fury has Maria Hill
Black Panther may also have a black sidekick

odd pattern but its just what it is, I didn't notice until someone pointed it out

Last edited:
Correction...Thor has Heimdall....

Cap has Falcon
Tony has Rhodey
Thor has Heimdall
Jessica Jones has Luke Cage
Daredevil has Rosario Dawson
we can also reverse it and say Fury has Maria Hill
Black Panther may also have a black sidekick

odd pattern but its just what it is, I didn't notice until someone pointed it out

Falcon is Cap's sidekick for now. Just wait until after Civil War. Nobody can replace Bucky.

Thor has Lady Sif and The Warriors Three. He also has his annoying science buddies. Heimdall is just a support character.

Luke Cage is not Jessica's sidekick. They're married.

Foggy Nelson is the closest thing Daredevil has to a sidekick. Rosario Dawson was no sidekick, but a potential love interest.

Then there's Agents of Shield. Phil Coulson's sidekick is Agent May. She is Asian.

Not to mention, Luke Cage is more popular than Jessica Jones.

Not to mention, Night Nurse is not exclusive to Daredevil.

Heimdall has been the closest to Thor in the movies so far as far as Asgardians go. I didn't see the Warriors 3 or Sif in AOU. Just sayin' ... I know what the comics say, the movies are a different story.

But you're not denying Black Panther will have an african american sidekick though right?

I kid I kid... Back to discussing a guy that won't show up in the MCU.

Heimdall has been the closest to Thor in the movies so far as far as Asgardians go. I didn't see the Warriors 3 or Sif in AOU. Just sayin' ... I know what the comics say, the movies are a different story.

But you're not denying Black Panther will have an african american sidekick though right?

I kid I kid... Back to discussing a guy that won't show up in the MCU.

Heimdall is pretty much stuck on Asgard, specifically, the Bifrost gate. This is why he ant be considered a sidekick to Thor. Two human scientists re probably the best bet for Thor's sidekicks, and that's why I hate Thor 2.

Edit: Phil Coulson will be Black Panther's sidekick. Just kidding.

Last edited:
Does Adam Warlock have a black sidekick? If not i'm not sure why it's an issue.

Does Adam Warlock have a black sidekick? If not i'm not sure why it's an issue.

I don't think it's an issue, if it was we'd all be in trouble for thinking that way, I think it was just pointed out that the black guy sidekick has been a common theme in the MCU and Marvel as a whole.

I would be just fine with Vision filling the Adam Warlock role. It would be a reasonable way to condense the already intense amount of characters. Besides Warlock would have to get a "lead" role and the audiences don't know who he is. The Vision would be very much established by then.

I would be just fine with Vision filling the Adam Warlock role. It would be a reasonable way to condense the already intense amount of characters. Besides Warlock would have to get a "lead" role and the audiences don't know who he is. The Vision would be very much established by then.

My thoughts exactly, I thought that when Warlock becomes Magis that maybe that leaves the door open for Ultron to come back and get into the Vision body to be the evil version of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"