Infinity War Anyone else think Adam Warlock should have DEFINITELY been in this movie?

random_havoc

The Golden Guardian
Reaction score
In the Infinity Gauntlet comics Adam Warlock is the second most important character other than Thanos yet he's not even in this movie? I think it's a huge mistake

As of right now it's looking like this is not gonna be very much like the original Infinity Gauntlet story at all, outside the basic premise of Thanos hunting down the Gems. And it wouldn't really make sense anyway since this version of Adam Warlock would have no history with Thanos given that he's newly-created.

It’s difficult to do things like the comics where there was so much more back story. It wouldn’t really work havkng totally new characters be as crucial as Warlock is supposed to be.

I agree 100%.

I get that for it to make sense, they needed to introduce Warlock way earlier in the timeline.

Knowing that Thanos and the infinity stones was the end game, they should have found a way to at least work Warlock's name into Thor 2 & 3, GotG 1 & 2, Doctor Strange 1, maybe even Avengers 1. Just name drop him, let us know he is out there.

Infinity Gauntlet is basically Thanos vs Warlock.

Yes..not from a narrative point, but from a relational point.

Would have liked it but no he is not necessary. The story will be totally different as will the stars.

Having not seen the movie and having no idea how similar it is to Infinity Gauntlet, I have to say no. There's no way to conclude that he definitely should have been in this movie.

The more I think about it the more I think Gunn is lying about Warlock not being in at least Avengers 4.

The movie is packed enough without him. Honestly were he included I don't know how much justice the character would have been given anyway. Every hero in this has already been previously introduced so the character development for them is already there. If Warlock were to be included it would have made the most sense to introduce him in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but even then he'd be the fourth character in those films to have a history with Thanos after Nebula, Gamora and Drax. His time will come, but unfortunately not yet. And hopefully when it does, he's played by this guy:

MV5BMTY0NTY5OTI2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDkzMzIxMzE@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The movie is packed enough without him. Honestly were he included I don't know how much justice the character would have been given anyway. Every hero in this has already been previously introduced so the character development for them is already there. If Warlock were to be included it would have made the most sense to introduce him in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but even then he'd be the fourth character in those films to have a history with Thanos after Nebula, Gamora and Drax. His time will come, but unfortunately not yet. And hopefully when it does, he's played by this guy:

MV5BMTY0NTY5OTI2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDkzMzIxMzE@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Well, he was kinda sorta introduced in GoTG Vol. 2

A name drop in an after credits tease doesn’t count. You might as well say Doctor Strange was introduced in Captain America: The Winter Soldier when Sitwell name dropped him.

A name drop in an after credits tease doesn’t count. You might as well say Doctor Strange was introduced in Captain America: The Winter Soldier when Sitwell name dropped him.
It was more than a name drop they were literally making him. We technically saw him. Strange's name drop was random and inconsequential to anything. Ayesha is plotting to use Adam Warlock to destroy the guardians. Big difference.

And don't forget 4 years have passed in the MCU Adam could've come out of his cocoon in 6 months or 6 days and maybe Thanos already has the Soul Stone and has already confronted Warlock sometime in those 4 years and taken it from him and the sovereign off screen, maybe Warlock is trapped inside the Soul Stone and that's how Thanos gets beaten. Him being released which is why they are keeping him a big secret.

Last edited:
It was more than a name drop they were literally making him. We technically saw him. Strange's name drop was random and inconsequential to anything. Ayesha is plotting to use Adam Warlock to destroy the guardians. Big difference.

And don't forget 4 years have passed in the MCU Adam could've come out of his cocoon in 6 months or 6 days and maybe Thanos already has the Soul Stone and has already confronted Warlock sometime in those 4 years and taken it from him and the sovereign off screen, maybe Warlock is trapped inside the Soul Stone and that's how Thanos gets beaten. Him being released which is why they are keeping him a big secret.

We saw his cocoon, not him. There wasn't a proper introduction there, and while he could have conceivably met Thanos in that time, it's too much to convey in one movie that includes about 25 other major characters.

hey - there's always a chance he could turn up in A4...

Introducing a new character to be the most important in the story that's the culmination of 10 years of MCU would not be good storytelling in my view. It's more than enough to have to really establish Thanos' character in these two films.

I'm kind of hoping Thanos wins then gets transported to the Living Tribunal.

The more I think about it the more I think Gunn is lying about Warlock not being in at least Avengers 4.

I feel like we have this conversation every time James Gunn says anything. Gunn said Nova wasn't gonna be in GOTG 1 and everyone said he was lying and that Nova would totally be in it.

Then he said Thanos wasn't gonna be in GOTG 2 and everyone said he was lying and Thanos would totally be in it.

We saw his cocoon, not him. There wasn't a proper introduction there, and while he could have conceivably met Thanos in that time, it's too much to convey in one movie that includes about 25 other major characters.
Remember this is Thanos' movie not the Avengers, as said by Feige himself.

I love how everyone thinks Warlock needs about 8 films to establish him for Infinity War or Avengers 4 when we had Vision for about 10 minutes in Age of Ultron and that was fine. We've already been introduced to his cocoon and his people that's already more than Vision got. All we need is a 5 minute story of him and his connection to the soul stone and we good to go. I could think of about 20 ways to introduce Warlock to at least Avengers 4 and it make sense.

Last edited:
I think Warlock's cocoon is meant for GotG3, not Infinity War. I don't think he will be present.

I think Warlock's cocoon is meant for GotG3, not Infinity War. I don't think he will be present.
Well James Gunn has started saying he doesn't think Warlock will be in GOTG3 now so he's lying about something.

Well James Gunn has started saying he doesn't think Warlock will be in GOTG3 now so he's lying about something.

Of course he could be lying. Why spoil GotG3 years in advance? Further, we have had no rumors of casting for Adam Warlock and Avengers 4 is done filming. Late in the game to add him, unless he is an entire CG creation.

No what he said was that the cocoon may still be closed in GOTG vol. 3. So if what he is saying is true, that still means Adam won't show up in either Avengers movies.

Remember this is Thanos' movie not the Avengers, as said by Feige himself.

Which I'm guessing was overselling it. It's very obvious at this point that the Avengers are gonna have a large amount of screentime.

Which I'm guessing was overselling it. It's very obvious at this point that the Avengers are gonna have a large amount of screentime.
He said the movie is going to be in vignette style with Thanos being the main focus, while I believe the film will show the Avengers a lot of course I think it will be a lot less than we've seen them before.

I hate when I type out a well thought out reply & then accidentally hit some mystery button on my laptop and it all disappears.
Take two!

I personally don't think Adam will be n either Avengers movie.
I can understand both points of view about why he should or shouldn't be in it, but man...I think it would be a huge mistake.

Adam is a BIG part of IW in the comics, so shoehorning him into the movies makes zero sense.
I think Vision worked because the whole movie kinda lead up to him becoming a reality. He was expected. He wasn't as well known of a character as others but Adam Warlock is known even less. I do hope his story is part of GoTG Vol. 3 tho.

Not like any of this matters, they are done with both films & I think there would have been some sort of leak about him. As little as an actor seen on set playing a mystery role or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"