The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Superman vs world engine defenses....
Wow that was awesome!!!

Wow that was awesome!!!

Honestly I thought it was the weakest part of all the action in the film the first time I watched the movie.

On my 2nd viewing I actually kind of liked it, as I was able to appreciate that it was a defense mechanism and it was kinda cool how it was made up of thousands of smaller pieces

Superman walking towards Faora and Nam-ek was boss

they see what the want to see.... in SUPERMAN II he also killed zod without powers and leave two kryptonians to die and then smiling about it... but according to them it's funny :yay:
It is a fair point. But the Reeve films were much more light about it and I guess it just felt like the villains were being 'dealt with'. It was a far less direct killing having them fall to their deaths than brutally snapping their necks.

:up::up::up:

Man of steel felt like direct assault on these preconceptions. And it was relentless. Snyder knew and just didn't care. You think Superman isn't cool, you think he isn't relevant? Here he is ****ing people up. He just snapped someones neck. Look this destruction is 100X what you saw in Transformers. He can drink because **** you. He's cooler than Batman. He's cooler than you.

Anyways I'm drunk.

LMAO. This is best comment I've read in a long time on here and so completely true. This is why i love this film. :woot:

It is a fair point. But the Reeve films were much more light about it and I guess it just felt like the villains were being 'dealt with'. It was a far less direct killing having them fall to their deaths than brutally snapping their necks.

But SII Zod has no powers... no particular threat... on the other hand we have the maniac zod that is out of control and is more powerful every second... so....

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why I scratch my head when I read the complaints about Supes killing Zod. Breaking his neck to literally save the lives of a family is wrong but chucking him down an abyss, de-powered and no longer a threat, so that his body would explode like a water balloon when he hits the floor, is okay.

Yeah, that's why I scratch my head when I read the complaints about Supes killing Zod. Breaking his neck to literally save the lives of a family is wrong but chucking him down an abyss, de-powered and no longer a threat, so that his body would explode like a water balloon when he hits the floor, is okay.

LMFAO! You mofos are graphic!

With the remains eaten by John Peter's polar bear :woot:

LMFAO! You mofos are graphic!

LOL, it's true though. When people take a walk off a building they tend look pretty bad when they hit the pavement. They look a LOT worse than a guy who just had his neck snapped. In some cases, their entrails rip right out of their bodies on impact.

With the remains eaten by John Peter's polar bear :woot:

Of course!

Loved the line from Supes to General Swanwick saying he grew up in Kansas, being as American as it gets after Swanwick was raising his concerns over trusting Clark. Great line indeed! :-)

Love the scene where martha collecting the photo albums. Kid clark were having the cheerful moment.

Not sure if I mentioned this already in the thread, but I loved that scene of Superman drinking beer and watching football. It was a subtle but awesome moment that showed just how much this superpowered alien is also a plain, ordinary American dude.

I didn't notice the two scenarios where humans push against Clark's body. I have always wondered how that works exactly. On an episode of Smallville, yeah I know here me out, I believe in season 10, Clark is walking into the DP and some guy runs into him pretty hard. I always wondered how it was possible for Clark to keep from hurting people who knock into him.

Wow that was awesome!!!

I disagree. Possibly the weakest part of the movie for me. The tentacle fight just seemed out of place and excessive.
Maybe if we saw other similar weapons being used by the Kryptonians then it wouldn't have stood out to me so much, but there was already a lot of large scale action going on and I feel like this scene should have just been replaced by a sequence where Superman struggles against the effects of the Kyrptonian atmosphere as it's being generated. He would eventually overcome the effects and fly up through the center of the world engine, as he did in the movie.

When Kal son of El is born.. I love how the score starts while the credits are still starting before the scene actually happens. It always gives me goosebumps and what an AMAZING score. I am sorry but it is much better than the Reeves superman theme in my opinion.

I also love the scene when he falls and crashes into the mountain on his first attempt to fly.. the bit when he gets up, walks and that moment when you can tell he embraces what he has or is about to happen before he flies. The music and the scene in general is quite sad to me as well, the whole bird falling from the nest because he is on his own in one of the greatest moments in his life with Jor-El's speech playing in the background.

Last edited:
Superman seeking a pastor's guidance. I LOVED that!

I LOVE that scene. It made him feel more 'real' to me than what some said about going to Jor-El. I am sure the kents went church and clark kent grew up on that belief of a god and church so it made sense it was a nice warm, humour filled scene.

I want to see this movie again badly!

I think it has been mentioned. That's the development between Adams and Meloni. He was hostile to her and didn't want to shake her hand at the beginning, but they worked together to save the world in the end.

I disagree. Possibly the weakest part of the movie for me. The tentacle fight just seemed out of place and excessive.
Maybe if we saw other similar weapons being used by the Kryptonians then it wouldn't have stood out to me so much, but there was already a lot of large scale action going on and I feel like this scene should have just been replaced by a sequence where Superman struggles against the effects of the Kyrptonian atmosphere as it's being generated. He would eventually overcome the effects and fly up through the center of the world engine, as he did in the movie.

I love the way the did it.. never befor seen... I mean it's an alien defense... and the scene you mentioned at the end couldn't be cause Supes only has to enter at the laterals of the ship so no.. I prefer the magical scene =)

If the world engine didn't have defenses it wouldn't have made sense because Zod never would have released it with Kal-El still alive or even risk it against human defenses. I think Zod would have assumed Kal-El would go for the ship above Metropolis but at least knew that the world engine was heavily defensible either way.
It made sense to do this.

When Kal son of El is born.. I love how the score starts while the credits are still starting before the scene actually happens. It always gives me goosebumps and what an AMAZING score. I am sorry but it is much better than the Reeves superman theme in my opinion.

I'm a dude, but all 3 times I've seen it I was getting teary, and you had that absolute sense of magic when he is holding the baby Superman. It was like "wow, that's going to be superman". Perfect scene.
My favorite start to a movie before was Watchmen but this rivals it, Snyder you know how to open a movie.

I liked that reassuring look he gave Lois to calm her down. Right before he blasts her abdomen to stop her hemhorraging.

Also liked that bar scene and the birth and krypton scenes.

I loved superman punching zod three times and zod bouncing off it like a ball on string. Looked cool.

If the world engine didn't have defenses it wouldn't have made sense because Zod never would have released it with Kal-El still alive or even risk it against human defenses. I think Zod would have assumed Kal-El would go for the ship above Metropolis but at least knew that the world engine was heavily defensible either way.
It made sense to do this.
Agreed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"