The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah. They look so cool already lol. Although I loved the suit in TASM, Hot toys dissapointed me with their result. With the new suit in TASM2, I'm super excited to see what they come up with. Supes looks good there though. Can't wait to see a full body shot.

I was able to get that poster I wanted so badly from my friend who checked his Walmart for me. Mine only had a half-ass effort for putting out the merchandise and didn't have the posters or books out that I wanted.

He was able to get me the Takes Flight book and this poster which I wanted so badly. It looks really nice :up: added to my collection. :woot: Couldn't be happier that I was able to get what I wanted. :applaud

imag0039re2.jpg
That one's a cool one man. I have a friend who used to work at WB and I asked her if she can get a MOS poster for me. She said she has some already but not sure which ones. When I get them, I'll make sure to post here.

I have never purchased a Hot Toys figure before, though I've been teetering on the edge with '89 Batman and Reeves Superman. Wonder how long I'll be able to resist with MOS coming out.

I'm sure that once you go down that dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Same here. I'm literally inches away from pulling the trigger on their "Joker 2.0" figure at this very moment, though.

Must. Resist. Impulsive. Purchases. Over. $200.

Anyone know how Hot Toys does their capes? Do they have a wire in them, or are they just fabric?

I told ya the hot toys pics would make good character posters! Heck out the no discussion thread ;)

My DX12 batmans cape is nice, all fabric no wire. Not sure if Keaton batmans cape has a wire. Best places to buy then are sideshowtoy.com and bbts

These MM figures are so difficult to find. Much like the first wave of TDK MM were in 2008. If the lack of MM on shelves is any indication of how well this movie might do, I think we can be positive it might make a mint at the B.O ... it seems to combine the best aspects of both generational defining comic book films w/ the color, superpower action of the Marvel Studio films, and the intelligent, thought provoking, quality writing and acting of the Nolan TDK trilogy. It's a melting pot for both fan bases, IMO.

I'm so glad I was able to get a MM Superman for myself and my GF. I got a Jor-El, who seems to be the most difficult one to find ... and I'm anticipating that wave 2 Zod in Space Jockey-esque armor. Hopefully he won't be as difficult to find as the Joker from TDK.

Tomorrow headed to Hot Topic w/ the old lady to get our two MOS costume symbol shirts. Anyone know if they run true to size, or will I need to go a size bigger? I just wish they made the raised symbol / textured logo shirt in the suit's actual colorway.

Needless to say, as you can probably see I'm very excited for this film. About as excited for this movie as I was for Batman Begins, so probably tied for my second most anticipated film of all-time. The Dark Knight, being numero uno.

I may just skip the movie masters and save every penny I can get my hands on and get as many Hot Toys figures as I possibly can. If I can get my disability approved then that won't be an issue

I may just skip the movie masters and save every penny I can get my hands on and get as many Hot Toys figures as I possibly can. If I can get my disability approved then that won't be an issue

Ha awesome. Yeah the hot toys are gonna rule.

some of them....some of them in the $400 to $500 range

NECA will deliver a quality 1/6th scale (18 inches) version of the figure at less than quarter of the price of an absurdly prices Hot Toys figure. (between $60 - $80 as opposed to $175 - $300)

It will be a quality sculpt, and won't have rubber breaking down on you the way the Hot Toys stuff does at their ridiculous prices.

So, comparable sculpt, more durability, dramatically less expensive. It's a no brainer to me.

I'm getting the NECA MOS, NECA B89 Batman, their sculpts look amazing and easily just as good as the Hot Toys stuff ... and excited for NECA to get around to the Nolan Batman films: BEGINS Batman, TDK Batman, TDK Joker, RISES Bane.

Gentle Giant's Man Of Steel doesn't look too bad either. $130
manofsteel_statue.jpg

NECA will deliver a quality 1/6th scale (18 inches) version of the figure at less than quarter of the price of an absurdly prices Hot Toys figure. (between $60 - $80 as opposed to $175 - $300)

It will be a quality sculpt, and won't have rubber breaking down on you the way the Hot Toys stuff does at their ridiculous prices.

So, comparable sculpt, more durability, dramatically less expensive. It's a no brainer to me.

I'm getting the NECA MOS, NECA B89 Batman, their sculpts look amazing and easily just as good as the Hot Toys stuff ... and excited for NECA to get around to the Nolan Batman films: BEGINS Batman, TDK Batman, TDK Joker, RISES Bane.

This is the NECA figure...it looks like crap. Like a cheap toy
f8nwraz.jpg

And yet I heard it would cost about $100 or so...no thanks
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BCDQLDY/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Last edited:
f8nwraz.jpg
That's the prototype. The behind-the-scenes photo of the figure looks nothing like that.

As for NECA vs HT, well you get what you pay for. For less than 100 bucks, NECA offers 18" figures that will last many years while HT, for 200+, may have rubber problems such as deterioration. On the other hand, HT gives many accessories and interchangeable heads/hands while NECA does not.

Besides, a company doing 1/4 for an affordable pricing is always a good thing in this business.

Complete apple vs. oranges comparison, there not even in the same category. I love NECA and what they do and they have progressed leaps and bounds in how good they sculpt and build figures but they will never be in the same category as Hot Toys. Nor should they try to be, they amazing at what they do. Also not fair to judge the 18" MOS figure on the prototype pic, NECA already stated that was a very early text shot and the figure will not look like that, they know it doesn't look right.

Hot Toys offers literally the most life like face sculpting of any figure ever, my Hot Toys Bales and Ledgers are eerily life like, they look like small shrunken people (I'm expecting the same with MOS). The also have incredibly realistic textured and painted skin & paint apps, soft goods and cloth clothing, a large assortment of accessories and multiple sets of hands. The higher tier ones also come deluxe bases or set pieces and multiple heads or facial plates, plus light up features. The attention to detail on them is beyond reproach, you get what you pay for. The entire argument about rubber deterioration is also blown way out of proportion by a handful of band examples and was also a worse problem in hot toys of many years ago when they first started getting movie licenses.

I will end up getting both the Hot Toys and NECA figures and enjoy them both for what they are but no way the NECA one could ever be a suitable substitute or compensate for the Hot Toys one.

f8nwraz.jpg

That's a terrible picture of the figure from the pre-production stages. Go on their twitter account and it looks much better. They are still tweaking it. That head sculpt looks nothing like Cavill, but the actual figure it does.

Meanwhile it will cost $80, and be 6 inches LARGER and given it's more durable and made of plastic ... unlike your $200+ Hot Toys investment, the costume won't leak and have rubber slowly disintegrate on you within a year's time frame the way it does for ALL of their Batman products.

A) that's not true. I've had a TDK Batman since 2008,and a Keaton Batman since last April,and neither have leaked or had the rubber start to fall apart.

B) their quality is second to none. every jacket has individual buttons sewn on. every shoe has actual laces. every facesculpt has all the wrinkle and such sculpted in. it's a lot of work,a lot of detaila,d yes a lot of money,but you get what you pay for.

I own the Hot Toys original Predator and T2 Terminator. My next will probably be whatever they release for MoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"