The Story. - Part 1

Btw, anyone else happy that we are getting a FOS in this? I sure am. Didn't want to wait for a sequel to get it. Though I had hoped it would be underwater or inside a mountain and not in what looks like the arctic again (though thankfully the crystals are gone, though it was obvious they wouldn't be in this) Though who knows' that ´´door`` that Superman seems to come out of in the snow could lead to underground.

Is the FOS confirmed? Was it shown in the footage?

Ok, maybe it'll be a work in progress rather than the Donner-FOS that just magically appeared in minutes.

Ok, maybe it'll be a work in progress rather than the Donner-FOS that just magically appeared in minutes.

Yeah I wonder if it'l be more like Superman the animated series where its basiclaly a cave her discovers but he adds to it overtime. I'd definitely prefer the cave idea.

Me too. Could be his ship that somehow becomes the FOS or its source of origin.

After seeing the CC footage, it sure seems like we'll have a good characterization story. One of things that seems to be different from the recent takes on Superman, Kal-El, Clark etc. is that this story seems to set the premise that Clark's very nature from a young age was to be a better example of what man can be. He always aspired to more.

His parents (The Kents), while guiding him to a proper moral compass, seem to fear that the world will not understand his greater aspirations. Will this greatness be of benefit to the world, or will it control it? (I think will be a central theme)

So, I'm not getting that Clark is unsure of himself. I don't get that he'll be immature with his powers (ala Smallville), in need of a singular clarifying event to have him make the right choice (death of a loved one?). What I see, and it is kind of a thumb in the nose of critics who say Superman is an irrelevant idealist (boy scout), is a characterization that says this man aspires to be great...something more for the world....as a choice from a very young age. Not an idealistic naivete, but a mature understanding that there is a greater potential for all of mankind...they just have to choose it and understand it is not the easy path. He wasn't pushed there....wasn't coaxed. It is his nature.

The only question is can the world, as cynical and untrusting as it is, accept this mindset? Are we ready for an actual man who by conscious choice chooses to be something more...a leader...someone who doesn't stand for the cynicism and mistrust?

This portrayal seems to finally portray the character in a mature, thoughtful way. Not campy. Superman is finally a man it seems.

Me too. Could be his ship that somehow becomes the FOS or its source of origin.

Definitely an interesting idea, I wonder with him in the snow with his beard will he be creating the FOS from there (and shaving there).

After seeing the CC footage, it sure seems like we'll have a good characterization story. One of things that seems to be different from the recent takes on Superman, Kal-El, Clark etc. is that this story seems to set the premise that Clark's very nature from a young age was to be a better example of what man can be. He always aspired to more.

His parents (The Kents), while guiding him to a proper moral compass, seem to fear that the world will not understand his greater aspirations. Will this greatness be of benefit to the world, or will it control it? (I think will be a central theme)

So, I'm not getting that Clark is unsure of himself. I don't get that he'll be immature with his powers (ala Smallville), in need of a singular clarifying event to have him make the right choice (death of a loved one?). What I see, and it is kind of a thumb in the nose of critics who say Superman is an irrelevant idealist (boy scout), is a characterization that says this man aspires to be great...something more for the world....as a choice from a very young age. Not an idealistic naivete, but a mature understanding that there is a greater potential for all of mankind...they just have to choose it and understand it is not the easy path. He wasn't pushed there....wasn't coaxed. It is his nature.

The only question is can the world, as cynical and untrusting as it is, accept this mindset? Are we ready for an actual man who by conscious choice chooses to be something more...a leader...someone who doesn't stand for the cynicism and mistrust?

This portrayal seems to finally portray the character in a mature, thoughtful way. Not campy. Superman is finally a man it seems.

*insert slow cap emoticon*

Agreed.Agreed completely.

:hrt:

Actually wasn't it rumoured a while back that they will have been on earth a while before revealing themselves. That they will know what the state of the world is, and not just be the ignorant 'is this planet Houston' aliens they were in the first films.

I've read something like that. I think it was just fan speculation, could be wrong. But it wouldn't surprise me. I remember there being speculation they aren't at their full strength yet when they arrive and they have to adjust to the new powers and grow stronger. And yeah, I would expect Zod to gather information about our planet and observe what's going on and perhaps come to the conclusion we are destroying ourselves, or he sees earth heading into the same fate as Krypton and tries to secure it by putting it under his control, or..or..or maybe he just wants to show Kal-El a magic trick. :o

Really like this idea.It would make the ZodVillain plot a lot more different than the one in STM.I picture Zod organising a secret take over of the world behind the shadows-He could orgnaise terrorist attacks,or sponsor them with Kryptonian tech all in the name of world domination.He be pretty cool if he disguises himself as a dictator whilst doing all this.Im beting its Supermans Debut that forces him into the Public

From the trailer it feels like we'll see Clark going on a journey of discovery which shapes his reasoning for being Superman.

From the trailer it feels like we'll see Clark going on a journey of discovery which shapes his reasoning for being Superman.

Oh yeah; I may sound like a broken record for saying this.lol, but I definitely got the vibe that this film will definitely emphasize Superman's character in ways that we haven't seen on the Big Screen and actually treat him as the main character, along with how this really feels like a "coming of age" story for Superman/Clark.

On ANOTHER NOTE, if my theory is true, I kind of like the idea now of how, IF Jor-el's character is heavily involved in this story as well when it comes to the Krypton history, that considering Zod was Jor-el's nemesis back on that planet...I don't know how to really explain it..lol...but it's like (good lord i"m having a Zack Snyder verbal issue.lol)...it's like how Superman completes not only his father's legacy but krypton's as well when he comes to defeat Zod at the end of the film...coming full circle if that makes sense.lol

Apparently, Lois Lane is in Smallville during Zod's return because she's investigating an infection in Metropolis caused by mysterious black rocks that were spotted in Smallville, and appear to have arrived on Earth with Kal-El's spaceship. There's rumbling it might be Black Kryptonite.

manofsteel4112012.jpeg

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/11/man-of-steel-spoiler-why-is-is-lois-lane-in-smallville.html

Pretty intriguing...

Kryptonite causes cancer, but what doesn't these days. :o

uh oh.......FREAK OF THE WEEK!! lol

but.....anyways......that is an interesting find.

maybe it's not exactly black kryptonite, but if you cut the black rocks open, you'll find the green kryptonite.

and, maybe a sample makes it way to a certain businessman in Metropolis by the end of the film........

Great, everyone will be split into duplicates, and Superman 2 will be about Superman fighting the duplicates of ordinary townsfolk. Hopefully to make it extra annoying, they will all rhyme when they talk.

What if the infection turns the townsfolk into Doomsday-like creatures. :hmm

I think we should start putting spoiler TAGs in for those who don't want to be spoiled with details of the plot.

For all intents and purposes, Kal-El is a man. He appears as one, feels emotions and thinks like one, and has much the same physiology. On the flip side of the coin, he is an alien from an extra-terrestrial culture and environment. The Fortress of Solitude holds many alien secrets: plant and animal species, strange artifacts, tech, etc.

What sci-fi elements, if any, would you like to see presented in a terrifying fashion? In what ways do you want Brainiac to scare you as a villain? Do you want the Kryptonian language to sound creepy? What about alien bacteria or hostile nanites that Kal-El brought with him in his rocket?

I think you get the idea. Share your thoughts.

When it comes to Brainiac, I always picture something similar to what The Machines in The Matrix were doing to humanity.

The Matrix would be a good starting point. That's how I'd do a modern-version Brainiac, especially with their approach. Creepy indestructible alien nano-tech controlled by Brainiac ala the way the swarming sentinels were controlled by the machine. I imagine Brainiac could control them and make any shape he'd want, even some kind of giant intelligent body-armor for himself, thereby being able to go head to head with Supes if it calls for it.

I'm actually curious to see on how they can make someone with superman's powers look very horrifying when that said person unleashes hell, ala General Zod.

Heck, I'm also curious as to what the mysterious CGI man looks like in terms of design and whether it's a kryptonian in a suit, a robot, or actual creature.

I hope however Zod gets to Earth he has some component of Brainiac being carried with him that would activate and be the opponent of the second film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"