The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tickets are on sale until they're gone. In some locations where demand is higher they'll go quicker ... but for example where I'm at, I'd guess we'll sell out of the tickets at some point, but not for several days.
Well I got mine today Sunday at the Walmart in the Baldwin Mall in Crenshaw a part of Los Angeles, surprised they still had some.

While I was there also got:
- Movie Guide Taking Flight
- Split Cycle Superman
- Tread Attack Superman
- Lego Superman Metropolis Showdown
- Lego Superman Black Zero Escape
- sticker set for $1

And happened upon an FYE store that was carrying Movie Master Superman for $17.99.

Has anyone seen these out and about???
manofsteelhats.jpg

I posted a picture of them a couple pages back, my Spencer's has all three here in Florida. Maybe keep checking their website or lids to see what that get in on their online stores.

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen the lanyard at Walmart of man of steel? I'd like go get one but wouldn't know where to look in the store besides that display that's set up.

went to Wal-Mart to get some Man Of Steel merch......NOTHING!!!!......not sold out, no no no no, just nothing.....they have a poster saying that they will have Man of Steel stuff.....starting mid April.....but nope, not figures, no shirts, no hats, books....nadda......I hate Wal-Mart :mad:

Has anyone seen these out and about???
manofsteelhats.jpg
Is the hat in the middle and on the right fitted or adjustable? If they're fitted what type of closure do they have?
went to Wal-Mart to get some Man Of Steel merch......NOTHING!!!!......not sold out, no no no no, just nothing.....they have a poster saying that they will have Man of Steel stuff.....starting mid April.....but nope, not figures, no shirts, no hats, books....nadda......I hate Wal-Mart :mad:

I finally found the Movie Guide tonight at the largest Wal Mart and my area and they had already removed the 1/3 of the display. The sections still left was the section with the Movie Guide, Posters small cups and I think the Norton cards and the section with the shirts and the lanyards. I feel where your coming from when it comes to WM. I never expected them to even stock the MG, so I was surprised to actually see they had them when I got mine.

I finally found the Movie Guide tonight at the largest Wal Mart and my area and they had already removed the 1/3 of the display. The sections still left was the section with the Movie Guide, Posters small cups and I think the Norton cards and the section with the shirts and the lanyards. I feel where your coming from when it comes to WM. I never expected them to even stock the MG, so I was surprised to actually see they had them when I got mine.

aw I'm looking for the movie guide and that "Man Of Steel: Superman Takes Flight" one, more than likely on Wednesday I'm gonna have to ask my LCBS guy to order em for me, on the bright side since I'm a regular he'll give me a discount Wal-Mart wont, but now I have to hunt down some new shirts lol

Got any pics? Where were they located?

they are on the large display that has the movie guides, posters, shirts and all that other stuff

Is the hat in the middle and on the right fitted or adjustable? If they're fitted what type of closure do they have?

I know nothing about the hats...I'm trying to find them myself

3 new hats at Spencer's, they also have a can coozee coaster thing
xZIvkwp.jpg

I don't know how I missed the other two hats before but here is what I know based on the hat styles. Both the New Era 9Fifty and 9Forty have snap backs which is the plastic closure. And if the 9Forty MOS hat is like the 9Forty Batman hat I looked at on New Era's site it should have some kind of picture on the under side of the bill. The BM 9Forty had part of the cover of Detective Comics #27 on the underside of the bill. When I was at my local Spencers last week they didn't have any MOS stuff so I'm gonna have to start checking there for these hats. I don't know how I did it but I actually thought all three hats where the same as the hat on the left.

I was able to get that poster I wanted so badly from my friend who checked his Walmart for me. Mine only had a half-ass effort for putting out the merchandise and didn't have the posters or books out that I wanted.

He was able to get me the Takes Flight book and this poster which I wanted so badly. It looks really nice :up: added to my collection. :woot: Couldn't be happier that I was able to get what I wanted. :applaud

imag0039re2.jpg

I have WAY too many posters, I just plan on leaving the Master Works figure in the package and hang it on the wall

I have WAY too many posters, I just plan on leaving the Master Works figure in the package and hang it on the wall
Ha, same here, I must have 30-40 posters total and barely half of them up. This was definitely worth adding though :up:

Ha, same here, I must have 30-40 posters total and barely half of them up. This was definitely worth adding though :up:
Well I couldn't find the Avengers Movie poster in stores and with the Ultra Hi-res images I made one that you cannot tell ISN'T real. I printed it at Office Max, bringing the images I used to prove I made it, But mostly I have Thor , Cap, and Lord of the Rings posters up. lool

same here still! tye have some figures up in the action figure aisle,but that's it! no display,no posters,no books,no shirts,no hats. nothing. and I thought they were suppossed to put this stuff up in conjunction with the ticket sale on Saturday? knowing my crap WM,they'll put the display out in mid-July!

same here still! tye have some figures up in the action figure aisle,but that's it! no display,no posters,no books,no shirts,no hats. nothing. and I thought they were suppossed to put this stuff up in conjunction with the ticket sale on Saturday? knowing my crap WM,they'll put the display out in mid-July!
Do you only have one Walmart there?
I live where the Walmart Home office is and there are THREE walmarts in the immediate area not counting the food stores (makes FIVE then) Did you ask the manager? sometimes they don't get the stuff out on time

Aw hell! This is what I've been waiting for since I started this thread! The HOT TOYS Man of Steel collectable.

I'm so nervous for this thing. I've been hyping them up and hyping around. I really what this to look like the buff full body shots we've seen of Supes walking in Smallville.

But from this tease... He looks thin. :(

Thank you for posting the alert Batman44.

Aw hell! This is what I've been waiting for since I started this thread! The HOT TOYS Man of Steel collectable.

I'm so nervous for this thing. I've been hyping them up and hyping around. I really what this to look like the buff full body shots we've seen of Supes walking in Smallville.

But from this tease... He looks thin. :(

Thank you for posting the alert Batman44.

I'm like you, this is what its all about for me! I hope they live up to expectations, and yeah I hope his proportions are correct, the DC Direct one looks a bit thin to me.

Where's a good place to order hot toys from? I didn't see anywhere on their site where you could purchase previous figures. And how much do they usually cost?

I'm like you, this is what its all about for me! I hope they live up to expectations, and yeah I hope his proportions are correct, the DC Direct one looks a bit thin to me.

Me too. I have been planning for this one financially. I guess we'll know in a day or two if it's all we've hyped it would be.

The amount of small detail is obviously present in Supes and especially Jor-El. I am really keeping my fingers crossed about Big Blue's build.

This is what I'm wishing for:
30c87kk.jpg

Not so much this:
205p72r.jpg

very curious on how hot toys makes the sculpts for jor el. I wonder if there is any 3d printing involved.

I'm with you guys who had never purchased a hot toys figure
but this WILL be it followed eventually by Reeve. I've been foaming at the mouth for these bad boiz!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"