The Lone Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103125

there is a prophecy. that some day a man will come and direct a train scene. it will be one of the biggest action set pieces. i think Gore Verbinski was born to direct this. :woot:

i dont care if this bombs. i will pay to watch this on the big screen. oh yeah

With each new piece of footage I'm starting to see the potential greatness in this huge train sequence. :applaud

New trailer looks great! Definitely looks like a movie that'd be best on a big screen!

The trailer is making this film to kinda' grow on me. It is possible that I could enjoy it as "fun" thrill-ride like POC and The Mask of Zorro. We'll see.

I think Gore is trying to kind of hearken back to the old radio shows with the kind of semi-camp they had going on. A couple nods to the tv show maybe.

The trailer is making this film to kinda' grow on me. It is possible that I could enjoy it as "fun" thrill-ride like POC and The Mask of Zorro. We'll see.

Interestingly Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio were writers on all three - Mask of Zorro, Pirates and now Lone Ranger.
Definitely putting a similar spin/tone to all of them, and picked up on by Bruckheimer & Verbinski.

Last edited:
I think Gore is trying to kind of hearken back to the old radio shows with the kind of semi-camp they had going on. A couple nods to the tv show maybe.

I think the old radio and tv shows played it straight, and never intentionally went into camp or self parody.

Hard to tell if the comedy / camp will or won't work here - the outrageous bird on head, horse in the tree, the going somewhere? yes, no, yes, no, yes! routine, making fun of his big hat, etc.. self parody, could work or it could turn allot of people off like Green Hornet.

Last edited:
c8nbe50.jpg

jPe9LNLkHvnft.jpg

Last edited:
That poster with the horse is the one they need to use.

I feel like a lot of people are dumping on this movie already, expecting another John Carter situation, but I actually think this looks like a lot of fun. The cast is pretty damn solid, if I do say so myself.

I'm a little surprised the reaction to this hasn't been more positive. This looks pretty good.

I'll be seeing this one. Looks as fun as the POTC trilogy.

I hope its Curse Of The Black Pearl all over again. No one expecting it to be mpre than a passing thing that turns out to be a complete surprise that gives everyone a right hook. If its as fun as the POTC films I know ill have a blast.

Just like the original show, huh? :o

I've gotta say I like how colorful and action packed that banner is, I know this is not going to be a traditional take on the characters but I think it could be a lot of fun, especially that big train sequence.

So it looks like there's going to be some supernatural stuff going on.

I keep forgetting that this film comes out this summer.

:o

I swear to God there's a new trailer every two weeks.

They know they have a bomb on their hands so they need to try and get as much interest as possible

You think it'll bomb? I suspect it'll be a surprise hit. They said the same thing about POTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"