The Lone Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
90-second Superbowl XLVII ad now online!

EDIT: New Re-uploaded video currently processing.

Looks like Disney jumped the gun (pun not intended) a bit early.

Nice spot, it's very Gore Verbinski's style. :up:

I had my reservations but I think I will be watching this come July.

Hammer looks fantastic as The Lone Ranger. Just fantastic.

I've wanted to watch this film from Day 1 and now I'm even more looking forward to it.

Superbowl spot made me think it looks meh instead of terrible. I suppose it did its job.

Not sure if he showed up in the trailers or any of the stills, but I was wondering if Scout was there. (I know probably not important to many)

Apparently he will have a toy...

lonerangerfigurestoyf.jpg

Also I like the more blue vested bandanna wearing Ranger look, somewhat a throwback to the classic but probably not in the movie though.

lonerangerfigures2toyf.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I'm excited for this.:up:

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks fun. You have to give Verbinski props in regards to his directing ability, he tries to give everything that old school adventure feel.

Not sure if he showed up in the trailers or any of the stills, but I was wondering if Scout was there. (I know probably not important to many)

Apparently he will have a toy...

lonerangerfigurestoyf.jpg

Also I like the more blue vested bandanna wearing Ranger look, somewhat a throwback to the classic but probably not in the movie though.

lonerangerfigures2toyf.jpg

I prefer that look too. But isn't the Lone Ranger a little too short in these photos, scale wise? How tall is Johnny Depp? Armie Hammer is 6'5" but here he doesn't look that much taller than Tonto.

Much better posters.

good posters. they are not painted. but they also dont have this clean photoshop look. they will work very good on a big building

This may be about as good as Wild, Wild West.

Hey, wild Wild West is a modern classic, will smith in drag AND a giant mechanical spider? Come on.

It's really a career-defining film for Kevin Kline.

People can ***** about it all they want, but I love Depp's look as Tonto.

Actually, scratch that, I could do without the bird. But other than that... :up:

So what are the predictions here for this flick at this point from what we've seen? Bomb or blockbuster?

I'd think this would be the type of film that would do well internationally to make up for a lackluster domestic take but western themed films have never been very succesfull overseas and the lone ranger property is no where near as well known overseas as well i believe?

Actually, scratch that, I could do without the bird. But other than that... :up:

I don't have much of a problem with the look either. Really the only odd thing is the bird. The paint is something you would find on a native american.

Its seems people are just tiring of zany Depp. In this case zany Depp fits the material on screen and zany Depp still makes me laugh so I'm perfectly fine with it.

I don't think this will be a John Carter. Lone Ranger is still pretty well known to most people, especially those that grew up with it, so they'll go see it on that alone.

At least he doesn't have dried up bird s**t in his hair like Radagast...

I didn't see the TV spot but I figured there was one since it trended on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"