The Look Of The Baxter Building

celldog

Sidekick
Reaction score
want to see the Baxter Building look like the one in the comics. I also want the inside of it to look like the research facility it's always been. Heck the X-Men movie has their sub-basement looking like the Baxter "should" look. The metallic walls and floors etc......

The FF looked like a loft apartment!! Not very FF -ish!!

IT LOOKED LIKE A LOFT APARTMENT. Not something Reed would be work out of.:doom: :thing: :ff:

I could not agree more!

For some reason, the producers felt they had to justify and explain every little detail in the FF movie world, while in the X-Men, it's all just there, no explanation offered or necessary [how does Prof X afford all that hi-tech stuff - who cares!].

The Baxter should look like the Kirby one and be full of the giant labs with all the Kirby machines, etc.

The same with the character designs, make Doom look like Doom, and any new villains [Galactus, Psycho Man, who ever] look like they should look!

Don't be afraid of this stuff, just embrace it and go for it!

Kirby&Ditko said:
I could not agree more!

For some reason, the producers felt they had to justify and explain every little detail in the FF movie world, while in the X-Men, it's all just there, no explanation offered or necessary [how does Prof X afford all that hi-tech stuff - who cares!].

The Baxter should look like the Kirby one and be full of the giant labs with all the Kirby machines, etc.

The same with the character designs, make Doom look like Doom, and any new villains [Galactus, Psycho Man, who ever] look like they should look!

Don't be afraid of this stuff, just embrace it and go for it!

You explain everything in an origin movie, which is what the 1st one was. If you saw Jessicas comments, the sequel will be faster paced, more amped, more intense story. More in keeping with the comic, so we'll have to see where that takes it. :) I believe we'll see a totaly different side of things in the sequel. The 1st one was to test the waters, see how it would fair, and it did quite well.

They could have done that and still presented a better H.Q. :doom:

celldog said:

This could have gone in that thread...suggestions/changes etc...there was already a thread..

celldog said:
want to see the Baxter Building look like the one in the comics. I also want the inside of it to look like the research facility it's always been. Heck the X-Men movie has their sub-basement looking like the Baxter "should" look. The metallic walls and floors etc......

The FF looked like a loft apartment!! Not very FF -ish!!

IT LOOKED LIKE A LOFT APARTMENT. Not something Reed would be work out of.:doom: :thing: :ff:

Exactly. The rooms aren't big enough, the machinery is just crappy.

JMAfan said:
This could have gone in that thread...suggestions/changes etc...there was already a thread..

But I'd prefer a separate thread for this subject. Is that ok?? :doom:

I think it could easily be created in CGI.

celldog said:
But I'd prefer a separate thread for this subject. Is that ok?? :doom:

I think it could easily be created in CGI.

Just a thought....is that ok???

JMAfan said:
Just a thought....is that ok???

Sure....you just went out of your way. Didn't want you to get all tuckered out.

celldog said:
Sure....you just went out of your way. Didn't want you to get all tuckered out.

ooooh nooooo.....took me all of 2 seconds...;)

celldog said:
Great......so.....what do think about the building?

i liked the retro loft, and i think in the sequel we will see more of Reed's experiments in the lab...but the Baxter Bldg. looked fine to me in the original...the scene of the storeroom was cut which was ashame, because it showed a couple of his most famous gadgets....would have been cool for the fans of the comic for that to have been left in....

JMAfan said:
i liked the retro loft, and i think in the sequel we will see more of Reed's experiments in the lab...but the Baxter Bldg. looked fine to me in the original...the scene of the storeroom was cut which was ashame, because it showed a couple of his most famous gadgets....would have been cool for the fans of the comic for that to have been left in....

You like the loft-look?? :confused: Well I hope that crap will change with the sequel. As I stated, it's a shame that the Xmen's sub- basement level looks like the Baxter Building.

celldog said:
You like the loft-look?? :confused: Well I hope that crap will change with the sequel. As I stated, it's a shame that the Xmen's sub- basement level looks like the Baxter Building.

I don't really care one way or the other. Either way works for me. It's a trivial thing. There's more important things that needs correction then the look of the Baxter Building.

The Thing 2005 said:
I don't really care one way or the other. Either way works for me. It's a trivial thing. There's more important things that needs correction then the look of the Baxter Building.

Sure, but the fact that it also needs correction (and you agree over there) puts the whole concept of the first movie in a bad shape.

Let's hope all the crew grew über-smart in these months and that they can do a decent work this time.

celldog said:

Ummmm yeah....ok....if it changes i hope you are happy as well....:)

Personally i quite liked the look in the film sure it was diff to what we saw but for me it was fine in the movie as Reed was supposed to be broke!

I think most likely the look of the lab will change with the sequel as im sure he'll have the fundin to have more high tech gadgets around.

Casius--J said:
Personally i quite liked the look in the film sure it was diff to what we saw but for me it was fine in the movie as Reed was supposed to be broke!

I think most likely the look of the lab will change with the sequel as im sure he'll have the fundin to have more high tech gadgets around.

Maybe the "broke" part is a big part of that. Let's hope they fix it. :doom:

The outside I had absolutely no problem with....the inside was fine and I assume will be updated even more for the sequel. I would much rather them spend time and money on other parts of the movie...

I hope that now that Reed is more famous, and is not scrapping for funding, we will see a refurbished Baxter Building interior and lots of alien-like, funky, Kirby-tech inventions and machinery.

2112ad said:
I hope that now that Reed is more famous, and is not scrapping for funding, we will see a refurbished Baxter Building interior and lots of alien-like, funky, Kirby-tech inventions and machinery.

Had they not cut the storeroom scene you would have seen some of those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"