The Look Of The Baxter Building

JMAfan said:
The outside I had absolutely no problem with....the inside was fine and I assume will be updated even more for the sequel. I would much rather them spend time and money on other parts of the movie...

The outside stunk with the inside. Sure a CGI repro of the NY cityscape with the authentic Baxter in it would be that much trouble.

celldog said:
The outside stunk with the inside. Sure a CGI repro of the NY cityscape with the authentic Baxter in it would be that much trouble.

Thats fine....your opinion....thats cool..:)

The only thing that should change slightly look wise are the labs, but we barely saw those.

Other than that...it should all look like did

zer00 said:
The only thing that should change slightly look wise are the labs, but we barely saw those.

Other than that...it should all look like did

I agree "z"er00....and I think we'll see a much different lab in the sequel...

Why shouldn't it look like the comics?? Will they have the launching pad for the pogo plane?? What about the Space-Time Chamber and the Negative Zone??

Sure they should have living quarters like the in the books. But this first movie's version was crap. :down

To be honest...was there a clear shot of the outside look??

The Xmen should never out shine the FF in this department.

celldog said:
Why shouldn't it look like the comics?? Will they have the launching pad for the pogo plane?? What about the Space-Time Chamber and the Negative Zone??

Sure they should have living quarters like the in the books. But this first movie's version was crap. :down

Thats your opinion, others liked it, and yes there were a couple of clear shots.....as far as the other stuff you mentioned, those things have been discussed in another thread....and nothing has been confirmed...

celldog said:

Yes, I agree.

I said before that, if one compares the movie version with the panels drawed by John Byrne, one can see that Byrne's are more rich in detail, and more imaginative of what should be the technology developed by an outstanding genius like Reed.

But that was the problem wih all the art department, like the scenes in Doom's place: he has a nouveau-riche's bad taste, with that clean style. How could Dr. Doom, who should be a refined, aristocratic person, have such a bad taste? Bad, really bad.

I really hope they change all of it for the next one. A faint hope, but, anyway...

celldog said:
Maybe the "broke" part is a big part of that. Let's hope they fix it. :doom:

Like someone said they are famous now. So things should change in the Sequel :up:

Mr Sensitive said:
Yes, I agree.

I said before that, if one compares the movie version with the panels drawed by John Byrne, one can see that Byrne's are more rich in detail, and more imaginative of what should be the technology developed by an outstanding genius like Reed.

But that was the problem wih all the art department, like the scenes in Doom's place: he has a nouveau-riche's bad taste, with that clean style. How could Dr. Doom, who should be a refined, aristocratic person, have such a bad taste? Bad, really bad.

I really hope they change all of it for the next one. A faint hope, but, anyway...

i don't think it necessarily has to follow any one artists view in the comic, but it could use some amping up....and i think it will in the sequel....

JMAfan said:
i don't think it necessarily has to follow any one artists view in the comic, but it could use some amping up....and i think it will in the sequel....

Surely, but when the vision of some particular artist is far better than its cinematic counterpart we have a problem.

And I hope you're right, JMfan, and they make it right this time.

Mr Sensitive said:
Surely, but when the vision of some particular artist is far better than its cinematic counterpart we have a problem.

And I hope you're right, JMfan, and they make it right this time.

I see where you are coming from Mr. S....but unfortunately very few people in the audience would even know what you are talking about...

JMAfan said:
I see where you are coming from Mr. S....but unfortunately very few people in the audience would even know what you are talking about...

Yeah, Story and his gang won't let them.

Mr Sensitive said:
Yeah, Story and his gang won't let them.

Unless they've read the comics....they wouldn't know....unless you want a subtitle that says...."oh BTW, these are directly from panels in the Byrne's series of the Original Fantastic Four"....

I want them to be better, more detailed, flashier, more space exploration stuff to see....bigger....etc.....but it doesn't have to be a direct picture from a panel of the comic to be all of the above....but I believe it does have to be better.:)

Look I'm all for getting back to the comic as much as possible...I have no problem with that....except when it takes away from another aspect. I think Story's desire to put the stretching panel of Reed around Ben as a "take us back to the comic" pulled away from how the scene was originally written which strengthened the relationship between Sue and Reed....and to me that was a major thing missing in this movie....

If they want to make the building look more like the comic....more power to them....

Oh and in answer to an earlier question.....

Were there any direct shots of the top of the Baxter building....

YES....2 daytime shots....and 2 nighttime shots...

JMAfan said:
Unless they've read the comics....they wouldn't know....unless you want a subtitle that says...."oh BTW, these are directly from panels in the Byrne's series of the Original Fantastic Four"....

I want them to be better, more detailed, flashier, more space exploration stuff to see....bigger....etc.....but it doesn't have to be a direct picture from a panel of the comic to be all of the above....but I believe it does have to be better.:)

Oh, but I didn't suggest any explanation of the reference, nor asked for a direct depiction from Byrne's panels.

I just said they should take the best from the comics in order to create a convincing look and feel for the movie.

The general moviegoer won't know where that came from, but it will bring a lot more respect for the movie and its vision, making it more than a passing summer flick.

That's what I hope.

JMAfan said:

At least be true to the Kirby model.
:doom:

celldog said:
At least be true to the Kirby model.
:doom:

And again, I certainly understand the desire for that....but in reality....very few....would know the Kirby model that are sitting in that theatre...therefore its not a major issue to the people at Fox....should it be an issue?....there is the question.

I think they had a good start to the Baxter building. In the next film they can do some minor things, for example, on the building, you see that big round window. A perfect spot for putting the "4" emblem in the window.

They also need to come up with a landing platform for the Fantasticar.

I think they had a good start, and remember part of the first film they made it look a bit run down, after all Reed was bankrupt, and behind on all his payments.

Tony Stark said:
I think they had a good start to the Baxter building. In the next film they can do some minor things, for example, on the building, you see that big round window. A perfect spot for putting the "4" emblem in the window.

I think they had a good start, and remember part of the first film they made it look a bit run down, after all Reed was bankrupt, and behind on all his payments.

Very possible, and those are some excellent ideas...

Tony Stark said:

In other words, let's hope they include in the script a good deal of money for Mr. Richards.

Mr Sensitive said:
In other words, let's hope they include in the script a good deal of money for Mr. Richards.

So do I.

Fantastic_Four_Kirby_wallpaper_fond_d_ecran.jpg

baxter002.JPG

doesnt the baxter building have a big 4 on the outside? i dont remember seeing anything like that in the 1st FF

Dynasty said:
doesnt the baxter building have a big 4 on the outside? i dont remember seeing anything like that in the 1st FF

Why would there have been in the first one.....they were not to that point, and never got to that point in the first movie....

Dynasty said:

That was 4 Freedom's Plaza which came after the Baxter Building. Personally, I prefer the Baxter Building (but that's because I'm an old man;) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"