The Look Of The Baxter Building

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by celldog, Apr 9, 2006.

1. gerbstat Registered

2. Retroman Registered

3. Aquaman ::explosions::

Those are sweet.

4. gambitfire Registered

[​IMG]

Those are really sweet!!

Very MIB though with colors but still awesome.

5. Fantastic-Boy Registered

Is not time from first official picture, or pictures?!?!;-(!

6. Retroman Registered

^^We've already seen some official pics from Fox remember?One behind-the-scenes pic of Stan Lee with Tim Story and one still of Stan Lee and wedding guests.

Back to the topic of the thread.:cwink: :woot:
    jmac1974 from the Hollywood North Report message boards posted this a while back.

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3941

7. gerbstat Registered

That cutaway of the Baxter Building reminds me that Sue and Johnny used to live in a small suburban home in Glenville (or was it Glendale?).

What ever happened to that house? I wonder if it was the one that was destroyed when bad guys tried to off Franklin & Valeria during the arc where a social worker tried to put the kids in foster care?

I think they should have a story where someone buys that house and finds old FF memorabilia in Johnny's secret closet...Or perhaps - a skeleton or two?

8. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I thought the design of the BB as seen in the outside shots in the 1st movie was very evocative of Kirby's style. And therefore, me likee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the interior of the BB, If I remember correctly in the 1st film, Reed didnt have a great deal of money for all the mod-cons and ultra slick labs (ala X-Men) that some people are clamouring for.

Hopefully by the time the 2nd movie comes out, he's perhaps made a little moolah off some patents and had a redesign.

Who knows, the Baxter Building may even get destoyed - paving the way for Four Freedoms Plaza.

9. Malus Registered

I liked the design, too. Just wished they'd showed us more than glimpses of the exterior.
    That's what I've been hoping. And yeah, now there should be some of that Richards patent money around to build Kirbyish gadgets.
    But thumbs down to Four Freedoms Plaza. That was only their HQ for a few years and eventually we got the return of the Baxter Building, albeit a reconstructed one. (One of the few good things Carlos Pacheco did during his run in 2000-2001.)
    The FF live in the Baxter. I'd prefer to see the movies leave that alone.