The Lounge Who Would Be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to watch Tim Burton's first Batman movie, and I'm still baffled by the decision of making a prostitute try to seduce a prepubescent minor walking with his parents.
It was to show how low and decadent Gotham was.

i had a dream last night... i dreamt cell unleashed perfecr bret hart and i had to think of the final alpha squad 7 member. it turned into a nightmare when all i saw was.... i dont want to talk about it anymore.

HEbenoi.png

But now I need to know. I need to understand.

HEbenoi.png

But now I need to know. I need to understand.

This is your 9th Symphony. The glasses, the hair, the chair, the symbol on the forehead and the use of pink... We are blessed by your genius.

I give it 10 out of a possible 10 Shatners.

S4es.gif

I'm pretty sure the rest of the cast has had a nightmare or two about 10 Shatners.

I would say more Stu Hart for that. Because just like Cell, Bret was made in a dungeon.

That sounds off-putting when you write it out like that.

Vince is Mr. Satan.

I would say more Stu Hart for that. Because just like Cell, Bret was made in a dungeon.

That sounds off-putting when you write it out like that.

Vince is Mr. Satan.
giphy.gif

So... Have you given Carpenter's The Thing a whirl yet Bri?

I have not, I was going to watch it after I woke up. I fear watching it at work, because I feel there's a 75% chance I'll scream "Oh shirt, what the fork is that?!" at some point. I think that's frowned upon here.

I have not, I was going to watch it after I woke up. I fear watching it at work, because I feel there's a 75% chance I'll scream "Oh ****, what the **** is that?!" at some point. I think that's frowned upon here.

I guarantee that's exactly what would happen. When my buddy Ed got around to seeing it that's pretty much how he described himself watching it.

Get on it though. It's an amazing watch. I'm kinda jealous of people that can have the experience of seeing something of The Thing's quality for the first time.

What's odd is that The Thing is one of the few legendary late 70's/early 80's horror films I have any love for or bothered to go back and revisit in my teen years and came away loving it.

It's simple but man is there a lot to get out of it. Lots of theorizing and speculation can naturally be spun off after one or two watches. Which I think is the mark of a lot of really good films.

Do I need to watch the prequel with Ramona Flowers? That's a real thing, right? I didn't imagine it?

Do I need to watch the prequel with Ramona Flowers? That's a real thing, right? I didn't imagine it?

giphy.gif

Kidding aside... Not really. Especially on a first watch. I'm sure you know of the basic set up of the film, but even if you don't the 2011 film doesn't add much. What you are given in Carpenter's film is enough, practically all you need really to get and enjoy the story. The 2011 film is at best, supplemental material really, though in terms of specifics of the limitation of the creature (can't replicate inorganic matter) and some small tidbits that might explain some stuff (not a spoiler per se but there's intimation that like the Norwegian camp, which is what the prequel is about, might be responsible for the lack of radio contact all over the continent in unearthing the ship the way they did) it doesn't add anything to one's view of the Carpenter original. If one wants to be a completist then sure, watch it after seeing the 1982 film, but I wouldn't call it necessary at all.

forking bad place brian.... im speechless.

Update on my car buying adventures. I've applied for a loan this morning with my local Credit Union (in part to see what I'll qualify for, I also have a chunk in savings and checking that I can use to put down - obviously I just don't want to completely wipe myself out). That said, I was looking on CarGurus and found a car (2015 RAV4 XLE) that pretty much meets all the features I want from what I can tell from the online listing - plus it's a low-mileage car considering it's 4 years old (under 14,000 miles) and is within the average market price - it's vin/carfax report and everything comes up clean, only had 1 previous owner and the car has remained here in the state. I emailed the dealership to see if it is indeed still available and they've already scheduled me for a time to take a look at it/test drive it later this afternoon (so I guess I'm actually going out and looking at a car this afternoon after work... I was hoping to be able to wait until next week during spring break when it would be easier to take a day or two off of work, but okay....). My introvert self is screaming inside, not looking forward to dealing with the extreme extrovert personalities of car salesman. Hoping my dad (who's the most extrovert of our family - which isn't saying too much :oldrazz:) can come with since today is his day off. I don't know if I'll hear back about the loan today though... I applied online (the less I have to deal with people face to face, the better off I am, like I said, introvert here)

Ugh.... I hate this - just want it to be over. So would welcome any finger crossings, salt thrown over shoulder, whatever good luck thing any of you guys have ;) that this is a good car and that everything sorts itself out for me on this.

Last edited:
I'm Brooklyn bound, ya'all!
Jeez... Warn a guy.

I gotta tell all the locals to stop spitting in the streets, get the hipsters to walk around with their facial hair at full "I work in either the arts and/or in the field of wood working" and we have to get those machines in the sewers to crank out that mystery steam, which isn't cheap my friend.

How long you staying?

Jeez... Warn a guy.

I gotta tell all the locals to stop spitting in the streets, get the hipsters to walk around with their facial hair at full "I work in either the arts and/or in the field of wood working" and we have to get those machines in the sewers to crank out that mystery steam, which isn't cheap my friend.

How long you staying?

til Sunday afternoon.

Looks like I’m getting a car today. Test drove the car...it’s nice, got preapproved for the loan with the credit union and I can make up the difference of the loan and the cost of the car as a down payment. Just finalizing stuff at the dealership.

My introvert self has done its socialization with strangers for the day

Looks like I’m getting a car today. Test drove the car...it’s nice, got preapproved for the loan with the credit union and I can make up the difference of the loan and the cost of the car as a down payment. Just finalizing stuff at the dealership.

I like having a new car, just not the stupid process you have to go through to get it. :(

Nice one! Hope it goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija