• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Lounge Who Would Be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched 7 DAYS IN ENTEBBE.....boy did it suck. Slow.....boring.....sympathetic to the hijackers.....the scenes of the Israelie commandoes raiding the airport to rescue the hostages shows almost nothing of the actual raid (mostly soldiers running to the terminal) and is intercut (I am not joking) with a Jewish dance troupe doing an interperative dance routine (the end credits are also of a guy doing some stupid interperative dance as a woman behind him runs on a treadmill....who the hell came up with this ****). Total waste of time (glad I watched on cable and didn't go to theater or buy the DVD)....I watched it because I was living back then (1976) and remember this being on the news for over a week.

If you are interested in watching a good movie about the incident....watch RAID ON ENTEBBE starring Charles Bronson, Peter Finch, and Yaphet Kotto.....or VICTORY AT ENTEBBE starring Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster.

Just watched 7 DAYS IN ENTEBBE.....boy did it suck. Slow.....boring.....sympathetic to the hijackers.....the scenes of the Israelie commandoes raiding the airport to rescue the hostages shows almost nothing of the actual raid (mostly soldiers running to the terminal) and is intercut (I am not joking) with a Jewish dance troupe doing an interperative dance routine (the end credits are also of a guy doing some stupid interperative dance as a woman behind him runs on a treadmill....who the hell came up with this ****). Total waste of time (glad I watched on cable and didn't go to theater or buy the DVD)....I watched it because I was living back then (1976) and remember this being on the news for over a week.

If you are interested in watching a good movie about the incident....watch RAID ON ENTEBBE starring Charles Bronson, Peter Finch, and Yaphet Kotto.....or VICTORY AT ENTEBBE starring Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster.

You ever see THE ASSIGNMENT with Donald Sutherland, Ben Kingsley and Aidan Quinn? I HIGHLY recommend it. From 1997. Good down and dirty little action drama. A fictional story about U.S. and Israeli intelligence agents going after Carlos The Jackal. Again... Very fictional but as an espionage/spy flick it hits all the right notes. Really good performances. If you haven't seen it give it it's day in court.

You ever see THE ASSIGNMENT with Donald Sutherland, Ben Kingsley and Aidan Quinn? I HIGHLY recommend it. From 1997. Good down and dirty little action drama. A fictional story about U.S. and Israeli intelligence agents going after Carlos The Jackal. Again... Very fictional but as an espionage/spy flick it hits all the right notes. Really good performances. If you haven't seen it give it it's day in court.
Yep....very good movie.

and they were already missing their pants.

The synopsis for tonight's Simpsons - "Krusty releases an all-female reboot of "Itchy and Scratchy," so Bart and his crew of all-male friends decide to boycott the show. After Bart's friends turn on him for laughing at the reboot, Bart joins a woke group of sixth-grade girls who commit crimes against patriarchy."

Huh.

The Simpsons are an ever-present reminder of my own mortality, and I don't like it. "Sure, we were once full of life and joy, but now we're just broken and sad. And it'll happen to yooooooooou..."

It's kinda blatant because it's pretty much verbatim of stuff we've heard on Reddit or other social media. Though Awkawfina and Chelsea Peretti are funny as the girls.

I!!! I just died in your arms tonight! it must've been something flick said...

Umm so the forum style changed again. Is there any way to make the text black instead of this awful light teal color?

Umm so the forum style changed again. Is there any way to make the text black instead of this awful light teal color?

It's rather complex. First off, and this is really important... Do you have access to a live chicken? You may also need some ground up mandrake depending on your ISP.

How did you hear it, what with the restraining order and all?

She's a sneaky little peanut... i can't seem to be able to get away from her... restraining order and all.

zgmjVEk.gif

Thank you, Cell... it's like the poor guy doesn't know not to poke the bear.

Anyone who is seeing teal has a virus. I'm sorry, but that's just the cold hard truth. Throw your computer out, it will serve you no longer.

i still miss the "vigilante" skin the old forum used to have... all this white hurts my poor old eyeballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"