The Maggie Greene Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Zatanna, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Great Cthulhu Registered

Now that's just inshane.

Okay, I'll show myself the door.

2. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I think Maggie may name the baby 'Glenn', yence why the producers said 'Glenn' would appear again 'in some form'.

3. Rowsdower! Registered

She'll name the kid Abraham... After his father.

4. Elevator Man Registered

So I guess that means Glenn ran out of the 11 condoms he scavenged from that pharmacy by Hershel's farm. Surprised it took this long for him to run out of 'em. Also the Alexandrians didn't stock up on any condoms or what?

5. Teelie Jokerface

There is always the possibility they found more somewhere in their scavenging. They don't have to tell us every time they find some.

6. Elevator Man Registered

Oh I was only kidding about the 11 condoms. I remember in the season 4 premiere he and Maggie had a pregnancy scare. So they must've been out of 'em and haven't came across any on supply runs.

#181 Elevator Man, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  7. Elevator Man Registered

I’m disappointed with how they’ve handled Maggie this season so far. Besides her being pregnant her character hasn’t had much development in the story. They were setting her up to possibly fill Deanna’s shoes as a possible leader in the near future but quickly dropped it after the uncertainty of Glenn’s fate came into play. Which was another reason the Glenn death hoax was unnecessary b/c it limited Maggie’s character growth.

I know Glenn is her husband and the father of her unborn baby but I would love for the writers to not always have Maggie’s arc revolve around him. It makes it seem like she’s useless without him. Also makes her come off one dimensional. Glenn was gone for a couple of hours but she selfishly decides to go outside the walls that’s overrun by the walker herd to make sure if he‘s dead or alive. Deanna, Alexandria, Rick and co. needed her more than Glenn did.

Honestly I would’ve dropped the whole sewer tunnel scene. I might be wrong but I doubt they’ll use that set piece again. For some reason Aaron and Maggie forgot to mention to Rick they could use it as an escape route in case the inevitable happened with the wall. It really kind of seems pointless to have that set piece now. Plus she ended up changing her mind about finding Glenn anyway.

I would’ve had Maggie save Deanna from that wolf walker instead of Rick. She could’ve revealed to Deanna (and the viewers) that she was pregnant as Deanna confessed that she wanted to live during that moment. They seem to have passed that leadership arc to Michonne instead. It’s a shame they chose to limit the character by continuing to center her stories around Glenn. I would’ve had her be more involved with the group which help take her mind off of Glenn. It’s not like Glenn was missing for days. Probably been 24 hours when the tower fell.

And she was barely in the mid season finale . Showing the viewers that she made it to a some what secure spot from the herd. They should've paired her with Rick, Michonne, Gabriel, Deanna, Carl etc. in Jessie’s house. I also would’ve had Deanna inspiring and encouraging Maggie about the plans to expand the community instead of Michonne.

Sorry to rant and whine like this but it frustrates me that the writers are wasting this character‘s potential. And come to think of it Glenn didn’t do much either this season. He was basically hiding under the dumpster for most of this half thanks to the 24+ hour time frame this season.

8. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

A woman can get lonely on the road.

9. Neptune Uchiha

Agreed! Maggie hasn't had anything interesting to do this season. Glenn's death was a chance for her to develop on her own. But they brought back Glenn, who has been one of the most boring characters since season 1. Now him and Maggie will be joined at the hip again, because god forbid they develop Maggie as individual person instead of as a couple with Glen. Did i mention i hate Glenn?

I also thought it was weird that she didn't mention the tunnel to Rick and i could definitely see her in a deanna type of role while still being able to kick ass. Such a missed opportunity.

To be honest, this whole season has been a little bit dissapointing. It feels like this arc could've been resolved in few episodes but they're dragging it out.

And why is every new character so F'ing annoying?! I hate all of them, the kids especially.

10. geetard Rebirth

Lauren Cohan showed off her new pixie cut on Friday:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder what this means for her character. :hmm

11. Elevator Man Registered

Could mean a time jump next season

12. Kane52630 XO User

Could mean she found some scissors.

13. Rowsdower! Registered

Well, I just (finally) started reading the comics and Maggie chops off her hair there pretty soon after they get to the prison. Not sure if she keeps it that way for a long time or not but if so, maybe she did it to look closer to the comic version of her character.

14. Kane52630 XO User

Damn it Rows, stop bringing logic into this. :o

15. Teelie Jokerface

Her secret? Running from hordes of zombies.

16. Kane52630 XO User

17. Sawyer High King

I don't know when they wrap filming for each season, but I know they're usually back filming the subsequent one in May. That's long enough from now for it to grow back, or at least for it to get close to the same length. Could just be a haircut for a movie she's doing or something.

Regarding a time jump, [blackout]I wouldn't bet on that happening until the end of Season 7/start of S8, if the comics are any indication[/blackout].

18. Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan on Maggie's new leadership position

Hopefully the transition to leader will be believable b/c they missed many opportunities during 6a to show hints of it, imo. I almost thought they had dropped this arc for Maggie in favor of Michonne. Aside from her character being pregnant the writers so far this season haven't given her much focus or character growth. Maggie has been sort of stagnant these past two seasons, but this'll be a welcome change of pace for Maggie instead her arc mostly being about Glenn.

19. Elevator Man Registered

This news ought to put an end to the speculation [BLACKOUT]that Maggie will die by the end of the season.[/BLACKOUT]

20. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

Let's not forget that Maggie also cut her hair in the comics too.

21. geetard Rebirth

:thud:

22. Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan reveals her favorite zombie kill ever

23. Zatanna Mistress of Magic

Yup. Hottest gal on tv besides Katheryn Winnick and Alexandra Breckenridge IMO.