The Walking Dead The Maggie Greene Thread

I think Maggie may name the baby 'Glenn', yence why the producers said 'Glenn' would appear again 'in some form'.

So I guess that means Glenn ran out of the 11 condoms he scavenged from that pharmacy by Hershel's farm. Surprised it took this long for him to run out of 'em. Also the Alexandrians didn't stock up on any condoms or what?

There is always the possibility they found more somewhere in their scavenging. They don't have to tell us every time they find some.

Oh I was only kidding about the 11 condoms. I remember in the season 4 premiere he and Maggie had a pregnancy scare. So they must've been out of 'em and haven't came across any on supply runs.

Last edited:
I’m disappointed with how they’ve handled Maggie this season so far. Besides her being pregnant her character hasn’t had much development in the story. They were setting her up to possibly fill Deanna’s shoes as a possible leader in the near future but quickly dropped it after the uncertainty of Glenn’s fate came into play. Which was another reason the Glenn death hoax was unnecessary b/c it limited Maggie’s character growth.

I know Glenn is her husband and the father of her unborn baby but I would love for the writers to not always have Maggie’s arc revolve around him. It makes it seem like she’s useless without him. Also makes her come off one dimensional. Glenn was gone for a couple of hours but she selfishly decides to go outside the walls that’s overrun by the walker herd to make sure if he‘s dead or alive. Deanna, Alexandria, Rick and co. needed her more than Glenn did.

Honestly I would’ve dropped the whole sewer tunnel scene. I might be wrong but I doubt they’ll use that set piece again. For some reason Aaron and Maggie forgot to mention to Rick they could use it as an escape route in case the inevitable happened with the wall. It really kind of seems pointless to have that set piece now. Plus she ended up changing her mind about finding Glenn anyway.

I would’ve had Maggie save Deanna from that wolf walker instead of Rick. She could’ve revealed to Deanna (and the viewers) that she was pregnant as Deanna confessed that she wanted to live during that moment. They seem to have passed that leadership arc to Michonne instead. It’s a shame they chose to limit the character by continuing to center her stories around Glenn. I would’ve had her be more involved with the group which help take her mind off of Glenn. It’s not like Glenn was missing for days. Probably been 24 hours when the tower fell.

And she was barely in the mid season finale . Showing the viewers that she made it to a some what secure spot from the herd. They should've paired her with Rick, Michonne, Gabriel, Deanna, Carl etc. in Jessie’s house. I also would’ve had Deanna inspiring and encouraging Maggie about the plans to expand the community instead of Michonne.

Sorry to rant and whine like this but it frustrates me that the writers are wasting this character‘s potential. And come to think of it Glenn didn’t do much either this season. He was basically hiding under the dumpster for most of this half thanks to the 24+ hour time frame this season.

I’m disappointed with how they’ve handled Maggie this season so far. Besides her being pregnant her character hasn’t had much development in the story. They were setting her up to possibly fill Deanna’s shoes as a possible leader in the near future but quickly dropped it after the uncertainty of Glenn’s fate came into play. Which was another reason the Glenn death hoax was unnecessary b/c it limited Maggie’s character growth.

I know Glenn is her husband and the father of her unborn baby but I would love for the writers to not always have Maggie’s arc revolve around him. It makes it seem like she’s useless without him. Also makes her come off one dimensional. Glenn was gone for a couple of hours but she selfishly decides to go outside the walls that’s overrun by the walker herd to make sure if he‘s dead or alive. Deanna, Alexandria, Rick and co. needed her more than Glenn did.

Honestly I would’ve dropped the whole sewer tunnel scene. I might be wrong but I doubt they’ll use that set piece again. For some reason Aaron and Maggie forgot to mention to Rick they could use it as an escape route in case the inevitable happened with the wall. It really kind of seems pointless to have that set piece now. Plus she ended up changing her mind about finding Glenn anyway.

I would’ve had Maggie save Deanna from that wolf walker instead of Rick. She could’ve revealed to Deanna (and the viewers) that she was pregnant as Deanna confessed that she wanted to live during that moment. They seem to have passed that leadership arc to Michonne instead. It’s a shame they chose to limit the character by continuing to center her stories around Glenn. I would’ve had her be more involved with the group which help take her mind off of Glenn. It’s not like Glenn was missing for days. Probably been 24 hours when the tower fell.

And she was barely in the mid season finale . Showing the viewers that she made it to a some what secure spot from the herd. They should've paired her with Rick, Michonne, Gabriel, Deanna, Carl etc. in Jessie’s house. I also would’ve had Deanna inspiring and encouraging Maggie about the plans to expand the community instead of Michonne.

Sorry to rant and whine like this but it frustrates me that the writers are wasting this character‘s potential. And come to think of it Glenn didn’t do much either this season. He was basically hiding under the dumpster for most of this half thanks to the 24+ hour time frame this season.

Agreed! Maggie hasn't had anything interesting to do this season. Glenn's death was a chance for her to develop on her own. But they brought back Glenn, who has been one of the most boring characters since season 1. Now him and Maggie will be joined at the hip again, because god forbid they develop Maggie as individual person instead of as a couple with Glen. Did i mention i hate Glenn?

I also thought it was weird that she didn't mention the tunnel to Rick and i could definitely see her in a deanna type of role while still being able to kick ass. Such a missed opportunity.

To be honest, this whole season has been a little bit dissapointing. It feels like this arc could've been resolved in few episodes but they're dragging it out.

And why is every new character so F'ing annoying?! I hate all of them, the kids especially.

Lauren Cohan showed off her new pixie cut on Friday:
JKHuMDi.jpg

NOav11n.jpg

I wonder what this means for her character. :hmm

Lauren Cohan showed off her new pixie cut on Friday:
JKHuMDi.jpg

NOav11n.jpg

I wonder what this means for her character. :hmm

Well, I just (finally) started reading the comics and Maggie chops off her hair there pretty soon after they get to the prison. Not sure if she keeps it that way for a long time or not but if so, maybe she did it to look closer to the comic version of her character.

Damn it Rows, stop bringing logic into this. :o

Her secret? Running from hordes of zombies.

I don't know when they wrap filming for each season, but I know they're usually back filming the subsequent one in May. That's long enough from now for it to grow back, or at least for it to get close to the same length. Could just be a haircut for a movie she's doing or something.

Regarding a time jump, [blackout]I wouldn't bet on that happening until the end of Season 7/start of S8, if the comics are any indication[/blackout].

Entertainment Weekly said:
When you guys got to Alexandria, you all got your jobs assigned, and Maggie’s job was to basically be an apprentice to Deanna and to be groomed to lead. Deanna is now no longer with us. So what does this mean in terms of Maggie and her evolution in terms of becoming a leader?

It’s been really interesting, because Deanna saw things in Maggie that she didn’t necessarily see in herself when they got to Alexandria, and I think the most important part was that she could be this intermediary. She understood the way her group functioned, but she also has that hopeful vision and aligned with that hopeful vision that Deanna had to create a sustainable community.

And this is all coming before she’s pregnant, before she knows that they’re going to have a baby, and so it’s very fortunate that she gains these lessons from Deanna. And then what we get to see as we progress is Rick saying that Deanna was right. These are the things you have to do, and he’s realizing that Maggie may be able to deal with certain people that he isn’t able to. He’s, well, you know, brutish.

So we have this sort of combined approach to a lot of the future challenges that we’ll see this season, and it’s fantastic. I feel really lucky to have had both Scott Wilson and Tovah Feldshuh to have as Maggie’s mentors, because they’ve been my mentors too, and these actors, I mean, they’ve just done everything. To be able to learn from them and then have that portray that in the show has been really fun.

The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan on Maggie's new leadership position

Hopefully the transition to leader will be believable b/c they missed many opportunities during 6a to show hints of it, imo. I almost thought they had dropped this arc for Maggie in favor of Michonne. Aside from her character being pregnant the writers so far this season haven't given her much focus or character growth. Maggie has been sort of stagnant these past two seasons, but this'll be a welcome change of pace for Maggie instead her arc mostly being about Glenn.

This news ought to put an end to the speculation [BLACKOUT]that Maggie will die by the end of the season.[/BLACKOUT]

Let's not forget that Maggie also cut her hair in the comics too.

The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan reveals her favorite zombie kill ever

Entertainment Weekly said:
When we first met Maggie Greene on The Walking Dead, she was a pleasant-as-heck farmer’s daughter. However, pleasant-as-heck just doesn’t cut it in the zombie apocalypse.

Perhaps that is why Maggie has evolved into a still-pleasant yet also lethal zombie-slaying machine. The woman can drop a flesh-eater with the best of them. But what was Maggie’s most brutal zombie kill?

We went to the woman who plays her, Lauren Cohan, to get her pick for Maggie’s best zombie kill, and the actress went back to season 3 for her choice. “It’s so funny,” Cohen tells EW. “I don’t even know if it’s my favorite, but the one that always sticks in my mind is from season 3, and I think that’s just because it’s from a time when Maggie went through the biggest change. And they storm into the prison and she gets up under Riot Gear Walker, and then there’s just, like, green goo. I think that’s still probably to date my most hands-on disgusting kill."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"