The Dark Knight The man who laughs: The Joker thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
made a decent wallpaper of that:

allingoodtime.jpg

looks like that cops gonna get his hand bitten off

Yea...we dont necassarily need to see his origin, at least in TDK. Makes him more iconic that he`s a man of mystery if u ask me.

Yeah i agree on that. -But - i still would at least want to find out how he got that big gashing cut on his face. So i hope they tell us. It would bother me forever! :woot:

Stanczyk_Matejko.JPG

I love this painting I've got a copy in my bathroom opposite the crapper.

It reminds me of Joker in Batman#1, plotting in his chair. Anyone got that pic handy?

Bruce Wayne is wearing a mother****ing bow tie and smoking a pipe...that should be the dead giveaway.

It's from BATMAN #1, Spring, 1940. As far as the "stilted dialogue" is concerned, at least there is some dialogue, unlike the modern comics that are 32 pages of action pinups. It takes longer to read that one page from BATMAN #1 than it does to read a whole comic book these days.

You know what's funny to me?

December's almost over and the See You In December website isn't up yet.

And what could they possibly give us with it, now that we have four teaser posters and the trailer?

Prologue maybe? Near the end of December so I Am Legend won't lose any money?

I think www.atasteforthetheatrical.com was actually meant to be the December site! ;)

It's from BATMAN #1, Spring, 1940. As far as the "stilted dialogue" is concerned, at least there is some dialogue, unlike the modern comics that are 32 pages of action pinups. It takes longer to read that one page from BATMAN #1 than it does to read a whole comic book these days.
You make a very good point. How tired are you of double-page spreads of two muscular people punching each other?

At least Matt Wagner still puts words in his comics.

You make a very good point. How tired are you of double-page spreads of two muscular people punching each other?

I love Matt Wagner. The end of Mad Monk was a bit of a damp squib, but everything else about that and Monster Men was great.
Man, a big-screen adaptation of Hugo Strange and the Monster Men would be lovely.

Bruce Wayne is wearing a mother****ing bow tie and smoking a pipe...that should be the dead giveaway.
Is that not how you relax in the evenings? With a nice brandy and some Count Basie in the background, while your butler prepares your tea?

To tell you the truth, the modern stuff drives me nuts. There is no substance to 95% of the books published now, and at almost 3 bucks a pop, they should provide more entertainment. I remember being able to buy a comic for 20 cents and taking more than a half hour to read it(I know that I really aged myself with that last sentence!).

I still can't believe some people think this is a remake just because Joker's in this. This guy just doesn't give up:

"This is the point I was trying to make.

In this age of every movie released being a remake of some sort, it's hard to believe that a little media hype can erase that stigma. I like the way this movie looks, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't mean I think it's original.

I know my opinions might be against the 'norm' at times, but I don't talk out of my ass. People with any bit of sense are going to say 'wasn't there already a Batman with Joker? Where's Nicholson?' - it's inevitable, and for good reason too. A re---- yes, REtelling -- would imply it has already been told in the past. Would it not? Would these retellings even exist if Burton hadn't made the earlier films?

The filmmakers know there's a new generation of people coming up that would be even more interested in such a movie. Hopefully, by the next century, they'll get the balls and imagination to write an original script. "

Cheese and cucumber? Are you some sort of continental type?

Cucumber goes with pale, spongey, crustless bread; butter, salt and pepper. Anything else is decadence and womanishness.

Cheese and cucumber? Are you some sort of continental type?

Cucumber goes with pale, spongey, crustless bread; butter, salt and pepper. Anything else is decadence and womanishness.

I perfer the stranger taste of peanut butter and ham myself...but thats just me. I should really try a cucumber sandwich though....

:up: :up:

OK so i click on to the last page and i see you guys talking about ****ing cucumber sandwiches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"