• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'The Matrix' Reboot

Zack Snyder to helm?
Ay, quite playin' man!

tumblr_n1odnpoffj1rxb8ifo1_400.gif
I'm actually surprised they haven't rebooted it sooner. It's been almost 15 years since the last Matrix. That's ancient in this age of reboot-fever.

Michael B. Jordan hasn't been in the limelight for some time now.

****similar to Sam Worthington (watch out James Cameron*****
Between Creed and Black Panther, I'd say he weathered Fant4stic beautifully.

Between 'Fruitvale Station' and 'Creed' I'd say everyone knows who he is now in Hollywood circles and he's part of the MCU now too.

Michael B Jordan's career is going great. He's a good actor who had a hit the same year Fantastic Four flopped. Only fanboys blame the actors for Fantastic Four. Most blame Fox and Trank for that trainwreck.

I just realized that I don't even have to pay attention to this Matrix reboot. It won't harm the first film anymore than the terrible sequels did.

I am always amazed by how stupid Hollywood can be, and I don't know why...

Well yeah. But this one is a really stupid idea imo. Like the others made some sense. This one, not at all. Forget that Reloaded and Revolutions hurt the brand pretty badly. What people liked about the Matrix, the characters, would be absent.

Well yeah. But this one is a really stupid idea imo. Like the others made some sense. This one, not at all. Forget that Reloaded and Revolutions hurt the brand pretty badly. What people liked about the Matrix, the characters, would be absent.
I agree I just don't see how a Matrix Universe can work. And I don't see how a remake would not just be constantly compared to the original in an unfavorable way.

I can understand another The Fly remake. I honestly don't have a problem with it even though I don't think it'll be good but another Matrix movie? That ship has sailed.

If you're really want to continue the IP just start over but keep it in the original continuity. Make Neo the new Morpheus and he's looking for the "Next One" in MBJ.

If you're really want big to continue the IP just start over but keep it in the original continuity. Make Neo the new Morpheus and he's looking for the "Next One" in MBJ.
But why would he need him? The ending was pretty definitive (breaking the cycle) and Neo died...

But why would he need him? The ending was pretty definitive (breaking the cycle) and Neo died...

I don't know dude. :funny: That's for the brain trust of writers to come up with. Just spit balling ideas as to how to get Keanu and crew back.

As ideas go, for me, this is tied with the continual effort of making a new Crow. Just... why bother?

A remake is a big no no...but an in-continuity reboot (ala Force Awakens) is entirely possible. If you can put pen to paper, you can make anything work. It's tricky navigating, but successfully rebooting the Matrix into something worthy of the first movie is not impossible. They just need inspired creators driving the franchise...rather than producers who only care about da'casshhh.

I don't know dude. :funny: That's for the brain trust of writers to come up with. Just spit balling ideas as to how to get Keanu and crew back.
That is the problem imo. There is no "natural" way too do it.

No one has pointed out that the story of the original Matrix franchise is literally a story about The Matrix itself being rebooted?

Really?

It's literally built into the overall concept.

It's like anything else. Done well, it could be good.

The Matrix: Rebooted? :barf:

To be fair, The Animatrix and two volumes of Matrix comics showed that you can tell some cool stories in that world that don't rely on the familiar characters. IF they were going to do this though, rebooting the canon would be dumb and unnecessary. There's a pretty vast universe to explore there that doesn't require hitting the rest button (including 6 previous iterations of the Matrix pre-Neo). Or you could explore the post-Revolutions period. Prequels, sequels, etc. I've often pondered the possibilities of how they'd do it when WB inevitably tried to milk that cow.

However, while I'm a huge fan of the Matrix universe and find myself missing it often...if the W's aren't involved, it just feels a bit wrong. And if they are indeed thinking a straight up reboot with no connection to the originals ala Ghostbusters 2016...no, just no.

Last edited:
For the pure troll of it all, I'd love if they just gender-swap remade the first movie.

"Female Neo?? NURRRR!!!"

I think a female Neo is a given.

All I can think about is the potential for amazing special effects.

A remake of The Matrix? IDK. That just seems so....wrong.

If they went that route, it had better be Sati. They were pretty clearly hinting towards that at the end of Revolutions.

If there's one lesson I think to be learned from Ghostbusters 2016...it's not that you shouldn't gender swap. It's that you needn't and shouldn't throw away established continuity that audiences feel connected to. When you do that while trying to milk the nostalgia train...it's not a good combo. You'd hope/think WB were looking at The Force Awakens as their model here rather than Ghostbusters though.

Best use of gif award goes to the first page.

I'm all for an in-continuity soft reboot. If memory serves (I've only seen the terrible third film once) it kind of ends with more to the story to be told...or even like a "this isn't the first time its happened" type ending.

I think what might be cool is to do some more Animatrix stuff. Anime seems even bigger now that it was then...so exploit that market by telling stories about the world AFTER the death of Neo. I think it might even be cool to include Animatrix shorts along with high profile theater releases from the studio...like, you go to see the next Fantastic Beasts, and before it starts there's a short cartoon from the world of The Matrix...really expose the property and its new reality to the entire modern population of movie-goers...and then release a movie.

I think people should be paying attention to this part of the article too. We'll also get spin-offs much like Rogue One set in the Matrix Universe.

But Warners see a model in what Disney and Lucasfilm have done with Star Wars, exploring the hidden corners of the universe with movies such as Rogue One or the in-production young Han Solo film. Perhaps a young Morpheus movie could come out of the exploration, as an example.

Instant pass for me, regardless of how it turns out. Hollywood has become so risk averse it's not even funny, there's no point in supporting these type of reboots any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"