The McCain Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
I find it funny, that Lieberman who was a Democrat, who is now "Independent" is publically backing McCain a Republican.

Man that pissed off a few Democrats.

In all honesty, it makes sense. The Democrats back doored him. He may not have ever been a real Democrat, but he was in their party and held a senate seat and they tried to oust him. That being said, I am suprised he didn't back Clinton. I know Liberman is big on media censorship and so is Hillary (one of the reasons I won't vote for her)

Lieberman is teh suxxors!!1!

(Did I say that right?)

Speaking of someone wanting to stay relevant...

Speaking of someone wanting to stay relevant...

I know...Malice entirely ripped off my endorsement thread. He just can't handle that I am the rockstar moderator in these parts :o :cwink: :woot:

I am not a fan of Joe Lieberman. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins the Republican Party following the election.

I know...Malice entirely ripped off my endorsement thread. He just can't handle that I am the rockstar moderator in these parts :o :cwink: :woot:

*snickers*
Darn you Matt and your little dog too!

I am not a fan of Joe Lieberman. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins the Republican Party following the election.

Y'know, if McCain wins the nomination, it honestly wouldn't suprise me to see him offer Lieberman the VP spot.

I think he stays with the Democratic party because he has the seniority within the party's rank & file, whereas in GOP he'd considered to be a newcomer. However, Lieberman has disappointed me because the Dems did pick him as a VP nominee back in 2000, and he has sided alot with the GOP in the Congress (esp. his support for the Iraq war). It's no wonder his party was angry at him.

I love it honestly...F**K the parties imo...rep and demo

Y'know, if McCain wins the nomination, it honestly wouldn't suprise me to see him offer Lieberman the VP spot.

I would be interested in that...
McCain and Lieberman are actually quite close friends...so that might realistically happen.

I would be interested in that...
McCain and Lieberman are actually quite close friends...so that might realistically happen.

It would actually be really interesting to watch. On one hand, McCain is already going to have enough trouble reaching out to his party's base. Then again, in many ways, Lieberman is more conservative than McCain. But McCain also has trouble reaching out to democrats...and I don't think Lieberman will help him. John Kerry on the other hand would probably clinche the presidency for him. But he told Kerry no, so I doubt Kerry would accept his offer.

I think he stays with the Democratic party because he has the seniority within the party's rank & file, whereas in GOP he'd considered to be a newcomer. However, Lieberman has disappointed me because the Dems did pick him as a VP nominee back in 2000, and he has sided alot with the GOP in the Congress (esp. his support for the Iraq war). It's no wonder his party was angry at him.

If the Democrats win a few more seats this year in the Senate, I have a strong feeling that the party is going to oust him from his role as chairman of the Homeland Security committee. If that happens, I have a gut feeling that he'll at least caucus with the Republican party.

In that case, I would expect the Republican Party to make a deal with him which would carry over his seniority. The Democrats did that when Jim Jeffords left the Republican Party in 2002, and it would give Lieberman no real reason to stay with the Democrats. If Lieberman does join the GOP, his transition will be highly publicized, and I bet the Republican Party will want to take advantage of it as much as they can.

If the Democrats win a few more seats this year in the Senate, I have a strong feeling that the party is going to oust him from his role as chairman of the Homeland Security committee. If that happens, I have a gut feeling that he'll at least caucus with the Republican party.

In that case, I would expect the Republican Party to make a deal with him which would carry over his seniority. The Democrats did that when Jim Jeffords left the Republican Party in 2002, and it would give Lieberman no real reason to stay with the Democrats. If Lieberman does join the GOP, his transition will be highly publicized, and I bet the Republican Party will want to take advantage of it as much as they can.

I don't know if the Dems will let Lieberman got to the GOP. Despite their anger with him, it will create more trouble for them if he caucus with GOP. However, with his endorsement of McCain in this election, I think he might jump ship if McCain picks him to be his running mate. Of course, McCain will have to win GOP nomination first...

I don't know if the Dems will let Lieberman got to the GOP. Despite their anger with him, it will create more trouble for them if he caucus with GOP. However, with his endorsement of McCain in this election, I think he might jump ship if McCain picks him to be his running mate. Of course, McCain will have to win GOP nomination first...

If Lieberman becomes McCain's running mate, you can damn well bet that the Democratic leadership will kick him out of the party if McCain loses the election.

Wrongamundo!!!!!!!

If Lieberman becomes McCain's running mate, you can damn well bet that the Democratic leadership will kick him out of the party if McCain loses the election.

Umm, Lieberman is an independent........he can do damn well what he pleases.......:yay: With or Without the Democrats blessing....

Umm, Lieberman is an independent........he can do damn well what he pleases.......:yay: With or Without the Democrats blessing....

Which means he can kick the Democrats in the balls as many times as he wants from here on out.

It would actually be really interesting to watch. On one hand, McCain is already going to have enough trouble reaching out to his party's base. Then again, in many ways, Lieberman is more conservative than McCain. But McCain also has trouble reaching out to democrats...and I don't think Lieberman will help him. John Kerry on the other hand would probably clinche the presidency for him. But he told Kerry no, so I doubt Kerry would accept his offer.

The Republicans I know, like Lieberman........but yes, the staunch Republicans may have a problem with it.....the thing is............the staunch Republicans are just like the staunc Democrats.....they vote a straight party ticket......so that IMO won't be a real issue....

Lieberman :down I hate that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"