The Mental health thread

Sometimes I can pick which I want. Our OT is time and a half and comp is regular but I usually sit on the Comp Time and let it expire. When it “expires”, it pays out time and a half so I can get the same amount of pay either way.
Another plus is that I get Travel Comp for traveling too so I’ll get 18 hours comp time on Saturday.

When do you guys know that it is time to get a professional help?

Certainly any time you are considering harming yourself or others. :(

How can I be happy for others if I’m not happy? I don’t want to be jealous of others or look at anyone’s life as it’s better than mine, but it’s hard to be invested in other peoples happiness close to me, when I’m going thru things.

I've been fighting epilepsy since I was 12 years old, and I also have type-2 bipolarism. In addition, I was diagnosed in 2013 with Asperger's Syndrome, a type of autism.

I've been fighting epilepsy since I was 12 years old, and I also have type-2 bipolarism. In addition, I was diagnosed in 2013 with Asperger's Syndrome, a type of autism.
Mental health combinations are the worst. I’m also bipolar but with ADHD. Dealing with a brain that won’t listen is a female dog.

I’ve been on medical leave for a month and a half and really need to get back to work. I found out that my disability claim was rejected last week. I filed an appeal but they are often rejected. My chiropractor and physical therapist both sent information with my appeal but even if it’s accepted, the backlog is weeks.

I’ve been told to hire a lawyer and that they won’t get paid unless I win. I’ve also been told to job hunt, which I’ve been doing. I have an apartment and I live alone so having a job is kind of important.

All this because I slipped and fell on my back. The stress has not been helpful.

Mental health combinations are the worst. I’m also bipolar but with ADHD. Dealing with a brain that won’t listen is a female dog.

I’ve been on medical leave for a month and a half and really need to get back to work. I found out that my disability claim was rejected last week. I filed an appeal but they are often rejected. My chiropractor and physical therapist both sent information with my appeal but even if it’s accepted, the backlog is weeks.

I’ve been told to hire a lawyer and that they won’t get paid unless I win. I’ve also been told to job hunt, which I’ve been doing. I have an apartment and I live alone so having a job is kind of important.

All this because I slipped and fell on my back. The stress has not been helpful.
It's standard practice for disability claims to outright rejected the first time, soits good you appealed it. We went through that with my daughter and she was accepted the second time around.

It's standard practice for disability claims to outright rejected the first time, soits good you appealed it. We went through that with my daughter and she was accepted the second time around.
I went to the store yesterday to get advice and a manager said I’d probably be ok. I wondered if he would tell me if I was screwed. It’s good to hear that initial claims are typically rejected.

I went to the store yesterday to get advice and a manager said I’d probably be ok. I wondered if he would tell me if I was screwed. It’s good to hear that initial claims are typically rejected.
I think they do that weed out the less serious cases.

I quit my job about two weeks ago. The process was taking too long and my second claim had been denied. I worked stocking shelves at another store this past week but quit after two days. I worked 10pm to 6am and then had to drive 45 minutes to get home. I almost nodded off a few times. The pay would have been excellent but it wasn’t worth it. Management seemed disorganized and my boss seemed unimpressed after two days.

I applied to another place yesterday, right across the street that I know is looking for help. I have no idea what the pay is but I’ve worked for the company before. I’ll take it. The stress is real but I know I’ll be ok.

I quit my job about two weeks ago. The process was taking too long and my second claim had been denied. I worked stocking shelves at another store this past week but quit after two days. I worked 10pm to 6am and then had to drive 45 minutes to get home. I almost nodded off a few times. The pay would have been excellent but it wasn’t worth it. Management seemed disorganized and my boss seemed unimpressed after two days.

I applied to another place yesterday, right across the street that I know is looking for help. I have no idea what the pay is but I’ve worked for the company before. I’ll take it. The stress is real but I know I’ll be ok.
I'm wishing you good luck. The overnight shift is very hard. I was my least productive at those hours. :(

I'm wishing you good luck. The overnight shift is very hard. I was my least productive at those hours. :(

on the flip side, i was very productive on third shift, but it does take a toll on you. my sleep schedule is still and probably always will be erratic

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"