The Official Mega Man Thread

It's more than halfway there already. :up:

thats awesome. Its earned about $100,000 since you posted that link earlier this morning. Capcom must be sh-tting themselves watching those numbers go up as thats money that could have went to them if they werent so damn stubborn. I hope this proves once and for all that people love and want to support the blue bomber. His fans would gladly throw money at him but thankfully we have the next best thing here

Has there ever been a Mega Man game done with the 2D Metroidvania style? Cause if not, they should do one.....it would be AWESOME.

Has there ever been a Mega Man game done with the 2D Metroidvania style? Cause if not, they should do one.....it would be AWESOME.

That does sound like an amazing idea. Never played the Nintendo handheld games to answer this but that would be a great angle to take him

There have been strong Metroidvania elements in past Mega Man games, specifically the X series, just never on a single, continuous map.

And rising! And it hasn't even been a day!

At the rate that this Kickstarter is going, this project is going to have no problem hitting the stretch goal. Hell, at this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if it went way past that.

There have been strong Metroidvania elements in past Mega Man games, specifically the X series, just never on a single, continuous map.

That's too bad. I hope someday they do it. Imagine Mega Man running around one of Dr. Wily's abandoned underground labs, running into his old robots that start coming back to life by some mysterious force (revealed to be Wily of course), collecting all sorts of cool power ups along the way. There could be a flooded out section, a furnace, so on and so forth. :up:

tumblr_msfh92EM121qjcm3po1_500.jpg

tumblr_msfh92EM121qjcm3po3_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_msfh92EM121qjcm3po2_500.jpg

I don't know how EA keeps getting voted as worst company each year when you have Capcom around. They've been progressively getting worse with each passing year this gen. The stuff done with Megaman reaks of "evil company" as its all been done purely out of spite and the fans have been screwed over as a result

...aaaand done! :)

T6Hbzip.png

Now to hit those stretch goals.

Yeah, this thing needs to come to places other than PC, please.

I don't know how EA keeps getting voted as worst company each year when you have Capcom around. They've been progressively getting worse with each passing year this gen. The stuff done with Megaman reaks of "evil company" as its all been done purely out of spite and the fans have been screwed over as a result

So EA gets 'worst company of the year' while banks and the other companies that screwed up our economy get a pass?

It really shows how screwed up our society is when a video game company gets that title.

Furthermore, EA is not that bad. Not perfect but they have attempted to improve themselves for many years now.

EA keeps getting voted as worst company in In America,( personally I do not agree) but Capcom is Japanese :whatever:

I didn't realize the stretch goal for console version was so much. This thing is running like a train with no stops so far, but 2.5 million is a far goal. I know developer, Renegade Kid, offered to work on porting it to the 3DS, so hopefully that happens if they don't hit that. I'd be willing to get this on PC, well maybe anyway.

^^^ with the way Sony is supporting indies this coming gen, Id love it if they helped Inafune with this project. He should probably consider approaching them as this would be a great partnership on both ends

Mega passes the torch :D

passthetorch_by_suzuran-d6kr73e.jpg

I'd most like to play it on my Vita over anywhere else so I hope that happens.

Someone should probably make a Mighty No. 9 thread. I see a bright future in our new hero :D

Mighty No. 9 needs a better name, though...a nicname, perhaps...

^^^ with the way Sony is supporting indies this coming gen, Id love it if they helped Inafune with this project. He should probably consider approaching them as this would be a great partnership on both ends

Mega passes the torch :D

passthetorch_by_suzuran-d6kr73e.jpg

Mighty No. 9 stretch goals ignoring Xbox One, PS4 due to tech unfamiliarity

(9 hours ago)

Mighty No. 9, the new Kickstarter campaign from Keiji Inafune, has numerous stretch goals, one of which is console ports for Wii U, Xbox 360 and PS3 if pledges make it to $2.5 million. Since the game is being developed for PC, wouldn't it make more sense to port to Xbox One and PS4? Both of which are built on x86 PC architecture.

"One of the clearest reasons is that the developer, who is developing the core of the production, is Inti Creates, and they're not familiar with next-gen," Inafune told Joystiq during an interview at PAX Prime. "So with trying to learn that technology, with trying to understand a new piece of hardware, to get a new development kit, all of that comes with it an associated cost and all of that makes the stretch goal a lot more expensive."

Inafune, while not alluding to any possibility of next-gen ports for the game, added that the beauty of Kickstarter is that it allows for direct interaction with the fans – to "reflexively" adapt to what they demand. "It allows us to see how excited they are, what they really want, how vocal they are about certain parts and it allows us to, reflexively, adjust some of what those stretch goals are. What we can say is we're always listening and seeing what they say, but it will forever – and this is the way Kickstarter has to be, unless you're going to be lying to the end user which is what we will absolutely not do – it has to be a balance of what the production realities are and what the fans want."

Mighty No. 9, a 2D action platformer harkening back to the classic games of yesteryear, is seeking $900,000 through Kickstarter for its base financing. As of this post it's incredibly close to achieving its goal and will launch on PC through Steam sometime in 2015.

source:joystiq

I'm sure this is subject to change though but their prior's will have it at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"