The Mutant Chronicles

Is this worth a watch? Liked the trailers but the movie looks poorly under-budgeted, not sure if I wanna bother.

Especially with a few posters on here saying the movie isnt finished.

Thanks for the review Ave.

The movie itself is not doing well (that's putting it mildly) in the UK which may not be so surprising considering the reviews and the lowkey promotion. It opened in 126 screens and made only 74,788 pounds.:o

http://www.ukfilmcouncil.org.uk/14797

^Not surprising it didnt do too well, only 126 screens isnt a lot and it didnt have much advertising over here either. I dont think it will do well at all at its cinema run to be honest, DVD is were it will find its audience. I do believe this will become a cult movie.

BTW, your welcome for the review Retro, you should see it when you get the chance. Do you know the budget for this movie at all?

^^Don't know. My guess is that it's in the 10-20 million range.:huh:

^It looked cheaper than that at some point, but I dont know, it fits a lot of action in for the budget, they do very well.

This movie has got compared a lot to Chronicles Of Riddick by the critics, and I can see why they compare it, but you what movie MC seems most like to me? Planet Terror, I was watching it the other night and it reminded me so much of Mutant Chronicles.

Now Planet Terror is unboutedly the better movie, but a lot of MC is similar, especially in the last 2 acts of the movie.

MC was just released on dvd in Germany last week...

51y8kx3z0ffd6.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/Mutant-Chronic...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1226012617&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.de/Mutant-Chronic...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1226012617&sr=1-2

But on the other side of the globe it's getting a theatrical release in Taiwan on November 14th...

2755ue3.jpg

http://www.armfilms.com.tw/movies/mutantchronicles/

^Did it get a theatrical release over the Retro?

No news on when the DVD is coming out in the UK as of yet also.

This movie was very enjoyable.
Unfortunately, I had to see it through some questionable means, but I liked it enough to buy it on DVD.
That German steelbook looks sweet, so I might have to go for that.
I don't usually find Devon Aoki attractive, but in this movie she looked really good IMO.

I still havent seen this yet, it came and went on the cinema in my area, so I will have to wait for the DVD, but havent seen any news about when it will be release here.

The movie has found distrubution in the states. Magnolia Films is going to release it. Hopefully they'll throw some money into it so they'll get to finish it. And it might come out in April.

It'll be cool if they finish it, well, for you guys, it looked pretty much finished when released here though, just one or two scene's needed improvement.

^Did it get a theatrical release over the Retro?
You mean where i live? No, there's been news on a theatrical release here. My guess is that MC will get go straight to dvd.:o
The movie has found distrubution in the states. Magnolia Films is going to release it. Hopefully they'll throw some money into it so they'll get to finish it. And it might come out in April.
Good but it's still odd to release an 'unfinished' film then the finished version.

Btw the movie has made $70,725 so far in Taiwan.

^What did it end up making in the UK? Not very much I suppose?

‘DIRECTORS CUT’ OF MUTANT TO BE RELEASED!

Magnolia Pictures will be releasing the directors cut of Mutant Chronicles. This will be ready to see for the first time on HDNET in March. The directors cut of Mutant will be over eleven minutes shorter.

“Magnolia have been really great in letting me go back to the cut and removing certain sections I did not like” says Simon. This is a brand new cut NEVER before seen. “I think with the huge rush of finishing the picture we needed a few weeks of screening the movie to audiences - there were always things I did not like in the cut but I have now been able to correct this. This cut is really the movie I want people to see, fast, fun, energetic and lots of b movie fun - try and check it out on HDNET this spring” - Magnolia will also be showing this version in selected digital cinemas as well as on DVD

SPECIAL EDITION DVD ANNOUNCED

Mutant will be released on region 1 DVD as a special delux edition. This will feature the new cut of the movie, a slightly remixed soundtrack, a feature length ‘making of ‘ documentary, commentary tracks, a green-screen version of the movie, deleted scenes, trailers, the mood piece funding film and much, much more!

Source: Directors Official Website

Its out on DVD here on Feb 16th, i'll be buying this. Also what is the point of a Directors Cut that is shorter? Its not like the movie was especially long.

saw it at a screening at SDCC this past summer and got to meet Thomas Jane (as he was at the screening and just strolled into the room with a cigar)....it was an ok film....I give it a 6 out of 10

It wasnt the best movie, but it was a lot of fun, most fun I have had with a violent movie for a LONG time.

Wonder when this is out in the US.

Cant wait for more people to hear to most awesomely corny action movie line in a while "I'm not paid to believe, I'm paid to f**k s**t up!"

Sorry for the random bump but just want to know from anyone who has this on blu-ray, what is the picture quality like, is it worth a re-purchase as I already have it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"