The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

I wonder how much footage with Thor and Jane was cut out..
Taylor is known for his support for strong female roles, its not like him to under develop someone as important as Jane...
I feel once again lots of material was left in the editing room at marvel headquarters...
It will be interesting to see the deleted scenes...

I wonder how much footage with Thor and Jane was cut out..
Taylor is known for his support for strong female roles, its not like him to under develop someone as important as Jane...
I feel once again lots of material was left in the editing room at marvel headquarters...
It will be interesting to see the deleted scenes...

Well one scene that was definitely cut out was where when Thor woke up inside Jane's apartment after having been unconscious for a few days from having defeated Malekith. This is where Thor and Jane were supposed to have a meaningful conversation regarding their relationship in general and before Thor went back to Asgard to talk with his dad.

Well, they didn't give much interesting stuff to do, again. This movie REALLY needs a Director's Cut with all of the actual character-building scenes put back in. Her "romance" with Thor was just so shallow, which is a shame since Branagh left it wide open for future development at the end of Thor 1.

I agree. In the first Thor there was barely some development for Jane, but a second movie needed it urgently and again, nothing was done.

It almost seemed like they couldn't even figure out how to write lines for her. Seriously, it seemed like half her scenes consisted of awkward silences.

That or cheap "knowing my boyfriend's family" jokes.

Agreed; I mean I kept asking myself as to why Thor is attached to Jane as much as he is presented in this film. I mean I don't see much difference between the likes of Jane's character and Skye from "Agents of SHIELD" who seemingly also has the hots for Thor like Jane had in the first film before they started interacting with each other on friendlier terms.

True. There's no reasn whatsoever as to why would Thor be interested in Jane.

I loved Natalie/Jane in the first movie, but feared she'd be annoying in TDW. I'm glad I was wrong, & that I was able to enjoy her performance in TDW just as much, if not more than in the first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"