The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Agreed. Marry her.
Queen Jane has a nice ring to it :)
Soon late queen Jane. They are not gods so they cant grant "immortality"(5k+ years lifespan) and resurrect people. I think they have ability to prolong human life to 150 but it`s nothing compared to thousands of years. It`s common them in si-fi and fantasy - one would outlive another and nothing can be done about it - one must endure and take what he/she can from this time together. Beautiful and melancholic.

Soon late queen Jane. They are not gods so they cant grant "immortality"(5k+ years lifespan) and resurrect people. I think they have ability to prolong human life to 150 but it`s nothing compared to thousands of years. It`s common them in si-fi and fantasy - one would outlive another and nothing can be done about it - one must endure and take what he/she can from this time together. Beautiful and melancholic.

Thor can become mortal going by the movie continuity. Going by comic continuity, Jane can become a god.

I have no idea why someone would want to remain with someone who remains young while you get old or vice verser.
Highlander explores this, it's heart breaking.

I have no idea why someone would want to remain with someone who remains young while you get old or vice verser.
Highlander explores this, it's heart breaking.
Yep, I think the same thing. But we know that many people find such mismatched romance beautiful and speak about how it`s wonderful that she is mortal and he is not, but they overcome it and love each other. All fun and games until they ask for her to become immortal or him to forsaken his duties,heritage, and everything he is-to become mortal himself. So they want them to become equal and it all is huge hypocrisy. In mass effect game verse, for example, some aliens live for 1000+ years and date humans, and even other aliens that lives for 40 years only and no one tried to make another immortal or end it`s life because short lived spouse met it`s natural end.

But it`s all IMO as my opinion should not matter now as I joined Jane-Foster-should-die club after this movie. Never thought I would.

Yep, I think the same thing. But we know that many people find such mismatched romance beautiful and speak about how it`s wonderful that she is mortal and he is not, but they overcome it and love each other. All fun and games until they ask for her to become immortal or him to forsaken his duties,heritage, and everything he is-to become mortal himself. So they want them to become equal and it all is huge hypocrisy. In mass effect game verse, for example, some aliens live for 1000+ years and date humans, and even other aliens that lives for 40 years only and no one tried to make another immortal or end it`s life because short lived spouse met it`s natural end.

But it`s all IMO as my opinion should not matter now as I joined Jane-Foster-should-die club after this movie. Never thought I would.

Its his choice to make. They are already equal in person but there are bigger circumstances. How they get around that is about the choices they make.

Its his choice to make. They are already equal in person but there are bigger circumstances. How they get around that is about the choices they make.
Yep and it`s not clear yet what his final choice would be- he says that he will continue on his duties to Nine no matter Jane and would not become king even if offered a chance to make her a queen. So he understand his duties to Nine and becoming mortal will make this duties fulfillment - impossible. And what I taken from TDW is that he understands and accepts situation as it is-that she will die but will do his best to make their time worthwhile. That is a character grow here, IMO.

It will be all fun and games until she hits 50 and wrinkles start to show and then a decision will have to be made and even if they are both still okay with it peer pressure on Thor from the Asgardians and passing comments from mortals 'How sweet, you're taking your grand mother to the movies' will begin to take is toll.

Now wait a minute there, I'm almost 41 (9 years away from your magic age of 50.) and I don't look as old as a grandma! That's a rampantly ageist statement bucko!

Yep and it`s not clear yet what his final choice would be- he says that he will continue on his duties to Nine no matter Jane and would not become king even if offered a chance to make her a queen. So he understand his duties to Nine and becoming mortal will make this duties fulfillment - impossible. And what I taken from TDW is that he understands and accepts situation as it is-that she will die but will do his best to make their time worthwhile. That is a character grow here, IMO.

He's renounced the throne. He does not want to become King anymore even if he's offered the chance to have Jane as queen. I don't see mortal Thor being much different to Ultimate Thor.

It will be all fun and games until she hits 50 and wrinkles start to show and then a decision will have to be made and even if they are both still okay with it peer pressure on Thor from the Asgardians and passing comments from mortals 'How sweet, you're taking your grand mother to the movies' will begin to take is toll.
It`s a problem with mismatched romances in general-realistically speaking they do not work for in a perspective for some time yep but by the end of the day somebody`s life begin to take a toll and it`s persons decision how much he/she would give up for love.

Hey! At leas he could ask Loki (or some other mage) to put permanent illusion on her so she would look 30 in her 85! She will meet her end as fresh (on the outside) as an spring flower...muhahaha(sorry).

In comic Thor says that he loved so many humans on course of his life that early ones are already blurred in his memory- no names no faces. It`s not like Jane Foster his first mortal love not she will be the last.

He's renounced the throne. He does not want to become King anymore even if he's offered the chance to have Jane as queen. I don't see mortal Thor being much different to Ultimate Thor.
He renounced the throne regularly-but know that it`s his destiny-there is no way out of it. Ultimate Thor is a shall of a character-he become mortal as he lost his source of power with Asgard and all of his people (including closest relatives Odin,Loki and even his son Modi-last one by himself) destroyed. He have nothing left besides his human companions-and sorry, useless thing right now. I hope that Big G. will show mercy and end everyones suffering in that verse. Hate ultimate thing with passion-popular in Russia far more than 616 for some reason thought.

Now wait a minute there, I'm almost 41 (9 years away from your magic age of 50.) and I don't look as old as a grandma! That's a rampantly ageist statement bucko!

Ha ha :woot:
You know what I mean. Okay, 60.

It`s a problem with mismatched romances in general-realistically speaking they do not work for in a perspective for some time yep but by the end of the day somebody`s life begin to take a toll and it`s persons decision how much he/she would give up for love.

Hey! At leas he could ask Loki (or some other mage) to put permanent illusion on her so she would look 30 in her 85! She will meet her end as fresh (on the outside) as an spring flower...muhahaha(sorry).

In comic Thor says that he loved so many humans on course of his life that early ones are already blurred in his memory- no names no faces. It`s not like Jane Foster his first mortal love not she will be the last.

As I said, they explore this in Highlander and it's painful to watch. Get out Jane while you still have your looks!!

As I said, they explore this in Highlander and it's painful to watch. Get out Jane while you still have your looks!!
Sadly she shown to be obsessed with Thor so I doubt it happen by her own will any time soon.Not her fault thought-writing AND editing one. I hoped that they will explore it, they talked about it constantly, there were phrases and scenes in trailers and yet-nothing made it to final cut. Hope for it`s in deleted scenes on DVD. Like Thor in human closes looking depressed and her "maybe we were separated for a reason" line.

Sadly she shown to be obsessed with Thor so I doubt it happen by her own will any time soon.Not her fault thought-writing AND editing one. I hoped that they will explore it, they talked about it constantly, there were phrases and scenes in trailers and yet-nothing made it to final cut. Hope for it`s in deleted scenes on DVD. Like Thor in human closes looking depressed and her "maybe we were separated for a reason" line.

In the comics Odin comes across as a *****e for wanting to keep them apart, but he does so because there will only be pain in their futures if they remain together. Immortal and mortal pairings are destined for heart ache.

Asgardians are not immortal in the current Marvel Universe they live several thousand years and do die.. Unlike the Highlander series they have the capability to extend human life to match their own if they so choose.
The real threat is the danger Thor brings in Jane's direction.
Is he willing to subject her to the dangers his enemies will seek to exploit in trying to get to him..Thats going to be the rub here.
Jane will have to convince him that she is willing to face that danger each and every day...

Asgardians are not immortal in the current Marvel Universe they live several thousand years and do die.. Unlike the Highlander series they have the capability to extend human life to match their own if they so choose.

Do you have the comic numbers where this is spelled out please?

In the comics Odin comes across as a *****e for wanting to keep them apart, but he does so because there will only be pain in their futures if they remain together. Immortal and mortal pairings are destined for heart ache.
Yep, in this movie it was Odin AND Loki who were keep telling him this. They love him (no matter how this love is strange and unhealthy and brutal) they know how it will end. Frigga`s position on a matter is left unknown.

The real threat is the danger Thor brings in Jane's direction.
Is he willing to subject her to the dangers his enemies will seek to exploit in trying to get to him..Thats going to be the rub here.
Jane will have to convince him that she is willing to face that danger each and every day...
How they are right now is hard to say - last time some one who were made immortal in comic were Don Blake -he was given the golden apple by Enchantress and was transformed to become her minion. But before she decapitated him - he was dying thought (it`s Fraction Mighty Thor last ark before "everything burns" crossover-the ark is garbage but art is pretty). Jane Foster have cancer currently but refuse Thor`s attempts to heal her by asgardian means-as it always comes with the price and she feed up to pay it. He understand her decision (Thor: God of Thunder issue 12).

He renounced the throne regularly-but know that it`s his destiny-there is no way out of it. Ultimate Thor is a shall of a character-he become mortal as he lost his source of power with Asgard and all of his people (including closest relatives Odin,Loki and even his son Modi-last one by himself) destroyed. He have nothing left besides his human companions-and sorry, useless thing right now. I hope that Big G. will show mercy and end everyones suffering in that verse. Hate ultimate thing with passion-popular in Russia far more than 616 for some reason thought.

Millar's Ultimate Thor is majestic. Loeb ruined it.

Thor doesn't give two hoots about destiny. That's part of his story.

No she's not. She loves him but after he let her down she stopped looking for him and started trying to move on. That isn't even a spoiler, its the core premise of her character at the start of the film.

How they are right now is hard to say - last time some one who were made immortal in comic were Don Blake -he was given the golden apple by Enchantress and was transformed to become her minion. But before she decapitated him - he was dying thought (it`s Fraction Mighty Thor last ark before "everything burns" crossover-the ark is garbage but art is pretty). Jane Foster have cancer currently but refuse Thor`s attempts to heal her by asgardian means-as it always comes with the price and she feed up to pay it. He understand her decision (Thor: God of Thunder issue 12).

Fraction doesn't count. He's a hack. Volstagg's two mortal boys have been munching on apples for years.

He does so because he doesn't like mortals. He can make Jane immortal but won't because he thinks mortals are worthless. Hence the *****baggery.

Last edited:
Fraction doesn't count. He's a hack. Volstagg's two mortal boys have been munching on apples for years.
With this I agree on 100% it`s just painful to read (sometimes I felt so confused that I have to re-read some baubles for 3-4 times-dialogues just didn't make sense!), but art was great most of the time. Even Gillen`s crossover were not been able to redeem it`s last issues "Now comes Odin to make new child with Frigga/Freya who are totally the same person now!". Ugghh...i do not understand what keeps Aaron from retconning Fraction`s disaster out of existence.

Diamond Select Toys just revealed the top-secret accessory included with their Marvel select Jane Foster figure!

1463376_594354493934090_104925463_n.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/story/21480/thor_the_dark_world_jane_foster_figure

I really don't look my age either lol

If anyone has a problem with immature posts, I'd advise you to skip this one..

With that said, I'm LOVING that all the Jane/Portman haters are in a tizzy with her role in this movie! Not only does she contribute to the climax, she's together with Thor by the end of the film, and alive as well, much to some peoples great dissatisfaction.

Tons of people just kept *****ing that they hate Jane, want her dead, that Thor should be with Sif, that Portman didn't want to be in this film blah blah blah, but none of that crap mattered. I think people were hoping beyond belief that the rumors of Portman not wanting to be involved with this film were true so they could further justify their wanting her to be killed off or not part of the franchise. But too bad. None of that was true. Not only does she want to be in The Avengers 2 as we learned in an interview, but she looks to continue to be an integral part of the Thor franchise going forward. I love it!

Every time I see Jane hatred, it makes me smile knowing it's frustrating people. Again, I know everything I wrote above is petty and juvenile like you couldn't believe, but after all the lies and vitriol thrown towards the character and actress, it feels gratifying that the haters aren't winning. Maybe they will in the future, but they ain't right now!!

:up:

I love Portman's character. The Thor franchise has the best supporting cast of any of the Marvel flicks and Jane is the lynchpin of it (at least on the Midgard side).

Her reported lack of enthusiasm in reprising the role had me worried, but she's been saying all the right things in interviews lately. The way the movie ended, it seems that Jane is more important to the cinematic Thor than ever, to the point where her absence would leave a big gap in any Thor 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"