The new Batman films...new villains NOT seen in Nolan's trilogy?

I can understand wanting to see the Penguin in the first film, but why the Black Mask? I never saw the appeal in this character.

I can understand wanting to see the Penguin in the first film, but why the Black Mask? I never saw the appeal in this character.

He's a good character. The most ruthless mobster. A true meshing of the 'freak' and 'mobster' of Batman's villains.

Also as a villain, he became king of Gotham crime. The story proposition would be a gang war between Black Mask and Cobblepot losing ground and running for Mayor. Both can provide a threat to Batman and Bruce Wayne.

I think we'll see Riddler, Black Mask, Penguin, maybe even Freeze and Strange before they take another shot at Joker and Catwoman.

Right now, I'd say we'll see Joker in the third film of the new franchise. Theyll build up to him like theyre doing with Goblin in the new Spiderman trilogy.By that time itll be over a decade since TDK.

I'd like to see a Red Hood sort of character appear in the Batman films leading up to the Joker's introduction.

I want Mr. Freeze, but I completely understand the difficulty in including him. If the Batman films are about Batman's journey or character arc, Freeze doesn't add too much to that. Freeze, or at least the Freeze I know and love, is obsessed with Nora and is a tragic villain. He would become the focus of any film he's in and Batman would kind of have to step to the background in some respects. If they did it just right though I think it would be brilliant and they could use Freeze as a way to show Batman that villainy has shades of grey.

Another character I wouldn't mind seeing introduced would be Harley Quinn. My idea for her is in the first film of the trilogy you have Batman defeat the Joker, locking him in Arkham. The second film Joker acts as an informant (like a Hannibal Lecter) and you show Harleen Quinzell slowly being warped and distorted by the Joker while Batman is off apprehending someone else. The audience would have to love Dr. Quinzell so that Jokers twisting of her mind would come off as the most despicable thing. Then in the third and final film Harley Quinn joins Joker as the murderous psycho ***** we all know and love in their plot to do some villainous nonsense to Gotham.

I want Mr. Freeze, but I completely understand the difficulty in including him. If the Batman films are about Batman's journey or character arc, Freeze doesn't add too much to that. Freeze, or at least the Freeze I know and love, is obsessed with Nora and is a tragic villain. He would become the focus of any film he's in and Batman would kind of have to step to the background in some respects. If they did it just right though I think it would be brilliant and they could use Freeze as a way to show Batman that villainy has shades of grey.

:up::up::up::up: I could not possibly agree more! All hail Mr. Freeze! (Get it, hail? Like ice?:oldrazz:) He is such a fascinating and tragic character IMO.

BTW love the avatar. ;)

I think I know how you work with Batman and Freeze without having them fighting for screentime. Freeze loses Nora for whatever reason. I'd like to see Batman deal with the death of a love interest in the same film. Both are carrying similar emotional baggage.

I think I know how you work with Batman and Freeze without having them fighting for screentime. Freeze loses Nora for whatever reason. I'd like to see Batman deal with the death of a love interest in the same film. Both are carrying similar emotional baggage.

The parallels would be interesting. If they put Freeze in the hands of the right writer and director, he would be so powerful.

If someone does Freeze, it will likely (but hopefully not) end up lime The Dark Knight and Harvey. I'd rather not see it again.

Mr Freeze, The Riddler and Penguin. Those are the three I really want to get reinterpreted (Riddler especially). I'd like to see some newer villains, like Pyg and Doctor Hurt. Clayface could also be cool.

Also The Joker has to be included even if its not as a main villain. God help the poor bastard that has to come after Ledger.

I'd like to see a Red Hood sort of character appear in the Batman films leading up to the Joker's introduction.
Me too, in fact i would love to see a mini series or story arc that shows the events of Batman's encounter with the first Red Hood, i'm tired of flashbacks showing this, i want to actually see it, kind of a prequel to Batman: The Man Who Laughs

Me too, in fact i would love to see a mini series or story arc that shows the events of Batman's encounter with the first Red Hood, i'm tired of flashbacks showing this, i want to actually see it, kind of a prequel to Batman: The Man Who Laughs

I have yet to read any Red Hood stories beyond TMWL, but I sort of envision him as this mysterious figure who takes an interest in Batman and the state of Gotham City before the incident we see in TMWL. He'd be doing stuff sort of like Moriarty in the first Sherlock Holmes flick with RDJ. It'd be spread over 2-3 movies before the Joker appeared.

A live action adaptation of Under the Red Hood would be cool, but ultimately impossible to set up.

I think rather than losing a love interest,having the death of Jason Todd would suffice.

I want the mob to have a presence in Gotham, it would serve as a device to introduce characters like Penguin, Tony Zucco, Black Mask, Scarface, and Killer Croc as hired muscle.

As far as the more outlandish villians, I think the Mad Hatter has a lot of untapped potential. Of course I would love to see Riddler and Mr. Freeze done right.

I want the mob to have a presence in Gotham, it would serve as a device to introduce characters like Penguin, Tony Zucco, Black Mask, Scarface, and Killer Croc as hired muscle.

Yeah, IMO it would be great to have these characters as background characters for most of the films. As in the mob ALWAYS has a presence, and Batman might have to deal with them or go through them to reach his goals.

The Penguin is a must.

The Riddler having a consistent role would be fantastic.

And Hugo Strange creating Killer Croc and Man-Bat could be kind of cool.

The Penguin is a must.

The Riddler having a consistent role would be fantastic.

And Hugo Strange creating Killer Croc and Man-Bat could be kind of cool.

That's the only way I could see those two being done and be believable. Croc could be done like that Lee Bermejio Joker graphic novel and make him a giant guy with a skin condition, but Man-Bat would have to stay with Strange IMO

He could just be some bedridden guy with some small "batlike" wings growing under his armpits due to genetic experimentation. :)

Or he could be linked to Project Cadmus

The Reaper and the Red Baron......

:ninja:

Seriously though, Clayface, Man-Bat, or Mr. Freeze would be awesome with the right director. I'd say the Mad Hatter as well but I just don't have faith anyone would pull it off well. Also, after all the rumors surrounding Hugo Strange with TDKR it really warmed me up to using him in the future.

I also want a cameo from Killer Moth.

I would love to see Hugo Strange and the Mad Hatter in a psychological thriller kind of setting. Penguin and Riddler are also a must.

Lord Death Man would be interesting. Bit Blackwood in Sherlock Holmesish but that's okay. If not a movie then definetly the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"