The new Batman films...new villains NOT seen in Nolan's trilogy?

There's no reason that a new franchise can't strive both for even more realism in its presentation of concepts and even more fantastical and outlandish ideas.

Mr Freeze, Black Mask and Hugo Strange would be the ones I'd most like to see. I think Freeze has the potential to be the heart of a movie. Hush too, but only in last installment as I think that in order for him to work, you need to establish multiple other villains first.

Not so interested in seeing Riddler but I'm guessing he'll be a 'lock' as WB will want to use well known, bankable villains. I guess that makes Joker a lock too and Harley along for the ride.

I don't think they'll go for Joker again for quite some time. Riddler on the other hand is pretty much a guarantee.

I'm betting we see the Joker in the third film of whatever new series we get. And I hope that is the case.

IMO, there should be a new version of the Joker in each Batman series that is set to film. The Joker is more essential to Batman than Robin.

There's no reason that a new franchise can't strive both for even more realism in its presentation of concepts and even more fantastical and outlandish ideas.

More fantastical? Yes.

Outlandish? Ehhh, I don't know.

Maybe use the more fantastical characters/villains, but also giving them some grounded aspects to them as how TAS-M tried to give something reasonable to how a man can become a giant lizard.

More fantastical? Yes.

Outlandish? Ehhh, I don't know.

Maybe use the more fantastical characters/villains, but also giving them some grounded aspects to them as how TAS-M tried to give something reasonable to how a man can become a giant lizard.

I think the best word to use is more stylized next time around. Add in some slow motion, carefully designed and choreographed shots. Less realism concerning aesthetics (costumes, locations), but still a story that is grounded and realistically dramatic.

And fantastical or not, I don't want any villain that will be as ****** as the Lizard was.

I'm willing to bet they'll start out with villains not seen before, like Black Mask,Hugo Strange, and Killer Croc. The Joker will likely be in the second movie.

I have two requests for them.
1.The Joker better live, he's an essential cog in the DC Universe and if they are trying to connect all of their movies, they better start with Batman/Mr.J.
2.Harley Quinn HAS to be there. Maybe as a understudy for Strange in the first movie who becomes the head doctor because of his descent to madness.

I think the best word to use is more stylized next time around. Add in some slow motion, carefully designed and choreographed shots. Less realism concerning aesthetics (costumes, locations), but still a story that is grounded and realistically dramatic.

And fantastical or not, I don't want any villain that will be as ****** as the Lizard was.

There really isn't one though. Heck, Killer Croc would look better than how Lizard looked. And Man-Bat! I long for Batman to take on Man-Bat.

How can the new Batman films get more realistic than the Dark Knight films? :whatever:

If the Riddler ever appears again in a new Batman franchise they should use this gothic version from The Batman cartoon. But with a different costume of course. Looks like Marilyn Manson. That's probably who the artist was thinking of when he designed Riddler.

Riddler%2CThe_batman.jpg

How can the new Batman films get more realistic than the Dark Knight films?

By being more realistic.

By dealing with inherent concepts regarding Batman, not focusing on broad ideas like Bruce Wayne not wanting to be Batman anymore and ignoring other character development potential and psychological elements. By not presenting concepts like the mob, corruption and crime as broadly and melodramatically, but by taking a more detailed approach in exploring those concepts.

Uh, I'm sorry bout that Riddler is just awful. I have very low opinions of The Batman. Such weird designs.

By being more realistic.

By dealing with inherent concepts regarding Batman, not focusing on broad ideas like Bruce Wayne not wanting to be Batman anymore and ignoring other character development potential and psychological elements. By not presenting concepts like the mob, corruption and crime as broadly and melodramatically, but by taking a more detailed approach in exploring those concepts.

You're waaaaay over thinking this.

If the Riddler ever appears again in a new Batman franchise they should use this gothic version from The Batman cartoon. But with a different costume of course. Looks like Marilyn Manson. That's probably who the artist was thinking of when he designed Riddler.

Riddler%2CThe_batman.jpg

No way I hated this version of The Riddler.

It's better than the Pimp looking Riddler version.

Which is neither better nor worse than Hooker/John Riddler or Heroin Addict Riddler.

By being more realistic.

Yah...I don't see those aspects being used.

People's villain preferences obviously skew differently according to the level of realism they want, of course.

But why can't we have both?

I think Warner Bros should be aiming to have two simultaneous franchises of Batman on the big screen - one live-action (more realism, though perhaps not to the extent Nolan went to) and one PG-13 or PG rated computer animated or mo-cap franchise, where you can go as out-there as you like in terms of animal villains and supernatural elements.

This would be my preference. And I don't see how it couldn't work. They are essentially two 'brands' of Batman people can follow. The animated version can appeal to all audiences a little more (still dark, but manages to be more accessible to families), and the live-action one can continue to be adult-driven.

Killer Croc, Man-Bat, etc are all geared towards animation for me. I think they would be excellent in that 'universe'.

Villains Nolan used that I think should be used again:

Joker
Two-Face
Scarecrow
Mob villains such as Falcone

Villains and anti-heroes not needed to be used again:

Ra's al Ghul
Bane
Catwoman (if she counts)

Villains Nolan used that I think should be used again:

Joker
Two-Face
Scarecrow
Mob villains such as Falcone

Villains and anti-heroes not needed to be used again:

Ra's al Ghul
Bane
Catwoman (if she counts)

Agreed on Joker and Two-Face, whichever way you look at it, those two really are inherent to the Batman mythos. While I want to see the likes of Black Mask, Croc, Mr Freeze and Clayface used, there would be something momentously lacking if Two Face and Joker were completely absent in the next franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"