The New Ghostbusters - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
to quote someone from the site that shall not be named:

s*** movie

I think it's strange that someone as harmless as James Rolfe is getting slammed in articles for posting a video explaining why he won't watch the movie in a very civil way. I'm all for getting behind this movie but some are acting like he's one of the crazies, which I don't quite get.

Last edited:
Do people actually do that? I've only seen teenage girls cheer at Twilight trailers. Apparently telling them to "shut the **** up" is rude...

Eh, maybe. I think I threw ice at someone in the theatre that did that once.

Melissa McCarthy is quickly turning into the female version of Adam Sandler. I continue to watch every movie she's been in (I like to torture myself, I watch Tyler Perry movies as well) and only one movie, Spy, was funny. Her movies stink. The trailers on this one look horrible. Granted, they're just trailers and can't tell an entire story. Of course, I will probably go see it and complain about her movies being bad....

Let's be fair to McCarthy. She has actually been in two legit great movies over the last 5 years. She was also a big part of a beloved television show.

I think it's strange that someone as harmless as James Rolfe is getting slammed in articles for posting a video explaining why he won't watch the movie in a very civil way. I'm all for getting behind this movie but some are acting like he's one of the crazies, which I don't quite get.
I can't think of any reason he did it outside of attention. Now he has it. It was so unnecessary. Just say you aren't going to watch it at the end of one of the many Ghostbusters videos you are already making and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be fair to McCarthy. She has actually been in two legit great movies over the last 5 years. She was also a big part of a beloved television show.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of hers. But Sandler? He hasn't made a quality film in many years. Yeah McCarthy has had a bad year with the girl scouts movie and potentially this. However, it's more a one year slump at this point considering she was in one of the highest critically rated comedies of the past couple of years just last summer. As said, not a fan of hers but 'Spy' certainly sets her far above where Sandler is today.

I wouldn't say it is a slump. She does whatever they offer her, which is of course her right. But it is also why she ends up in so much trash. What she has proven to have is talent, if not the best judgment in projects.

I can't think of any reason he did it outside of attention. Now he has it. It was so unnecessary. Just say you aren't going to watch it at the end of one of the many Ghostbusters videos you are already making and move on.

He's a big Ghostbusters fan so he knows that his fans are going to want him to watch and review the new movie. He's explained in a video why he's not going to do this. I don't see any kind of attention grabbing going on.

He's been a vocal Ghostbusters fan long before this movie was announced. His fans also know this, so I'm sure he was getting a LOT of questions about his thoughts on everything, so he made a video. That is what he does for a living, so I don't think he was making this video to piss anyone off, he made it to just clear up his thoughts on a franchise he loves.

It sounds like you have issues with his video. I honestly can't see why anyone would? He didn't say anything that was outlandish. Hell, comicbookgirl19 slammed these trailers when they came out, and nobody batted an eye. She even urged everyone not to go see it at the end.

I know who he is, I know what he does. I am a fan of his. I go back to the days when he was trying to land those planes in Top Gun. This was unnecessary. What is so hard about saying he simply isn't going to watch the next movie at the end of one of his other many videos? If he is simply addressing his fans, they will see it. Look at the view count people. This wasn't simply for his fans. Come on. Do you think he is a 10 year old that doesn't understand how the internet works? Making a one off video about a hot button topic got attention, no way...

I like him, but he did it on purpose. Or are all you shocked that gambling is going on in this establishment?

Last edited:
Rolfe reviews movies. He's decided not to review this one. He made a video explaining why. No attention-grabbing, just a normal explanation.

I was rewatching the newest domestic trailer and was surprised to see that they actually used a quick cut from what is literally the last shot of the film. Odd.

Rolfe reviews movies. He's decided not to review this one. He made a video explaining why. No attention-grabbing, just a normal explanation.
Except he has never done this before, so how is it normal?

I was rewatching the newest domestic trailer and was surprised to see that they actually used a quick cut from what is literally the last shot of the film. Odd.
What is the shot?

What is the shot?

The scene is right after Holtzman shows off some of the new tech in the firehouse. Patty is listening to some audio recordings for EVPs. She looks up and asks every one if the name Zuul means something to them. Then the film ends.

Ugh, I hope this doesn't get a sequel. There's no need for them to ruin [BLACKOUT]Zuul, Vinz Clortho and Gozer [/BLACKOUT].

You keep skirting around people's words. It's quite strange. What Phantasm said was that he explained his position in a normal manner. You then take that, and say this isn't normal for him. Those are two different things. And most of his videos in his "movie review" section are random, so there is no format or normality to it. He has a handful of movie reviews, and then he has other videos about his DVD/VHS/Laser Disc collection. He has one trailer review, and then he has this about Ghostbusters. There is no format in his "video reviews" section. He just posts what he wants when it comes to movies.

He obviously didn't make the video to get unwarranted hate/attention, because nothing in the video shows him doing that. Explaining to his fans why he wont review the movie in a civil way, is not "asking for attention", it's him just explaining it to those who might be expecting him to rip the movie apart. Instead, he wont be doing that, cause he wont even be watching it.

Ugh, I hope this doesn't get a sequel. There's no need for them to ruin [BLACKOUT]Zuul, Vinz Clortho and Gozer [/BLACKOUT].
Ruin is a pretty strong word. There is literally nothing they can do to retroactively alter the original.

But he's a huge GB fan and I'm sure fans have been clamoring for an opinion for months. So it's probably easier to make a video, than post several posts to Twitter or on his main site, since lots watch from YouTube. Gives him the eyes to see his opinions.

Seriously, all this contention over the AVGN, why does anyone freakin' care?

The scene is right after Holtzman shows off some of the new tech in the firehouse. Patty is listening to some audio recordings for EVPs. She looks up and asks every one if the name Zuul means something to them. Then the film ends.
Every time I read about it, I feel odd that, [BLACKOUT]among all the noise that I imagine in the recordings, she recognizes and feels the need to ask about that.[/BLACKOUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"