The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Knowing Didio it's bound to happen sometime.

That would be the first good thing Didio's supported in a long time. Then Connor could take over as the sole Green Arrow, Winick could quit the book in disgust, and I could start reading it again. :)

Only to have Kevin Smith bring Ollie back all over again...

In 4 issues that would take 2 years to write.
Marvel boy i see..

When Smith does a comic for DC he is on time :p
well.. the start of the comic is 2-3 years late but every issue is out on time
Its funny really.. When he did Green Arrow.. he made a movie and got 15 issues out on time..
yet every time he does anything for Marvel.. he is late :p how many years late is that Daredevil story now?

stay with me now.. as i try to unravel the theory of!

Oliver Queen.. the real father of Cissie King-Jones?

So facts!
- Ollie dated Bonnie King for a while.
- Bonnie gets what seemed to be an unusually large life insurance payout after her husband dies, the check was given to her by Hal Jordan.
- Cissie is almost metahuman in her accuracy, far better then her mother.
- Bonnie did once answer yes to the question about Green Arrow beeing Cissies father, Cissie quickly laughed it off and gave her mother a "hush!-look"
- In "Legends of the DC Universe #7" a blond, unnamed woman tries to tell Ollie that shes pregnant but ollie is to busy with his own ego to listen and goes off to south-east asia before she can tell him, when he comes back she appears to be gone.
- "Bowstring" Jones always seemed like the type of guy that would marry a girl he loved even thou she was carrying some one else's child..

Now the age problem!
Given that Roy Harper and Dick Grayson is 26 years old and that they both started at 13, and that Ollie already had Roy at his side when Bonnie came onto the scene, and that Cissie was not yet born at the time, It makes it impossible for Cissie to be 17 as she is now, and that Ollie is her father. However a simple retcon can fix it all! and the only change needed is to make Ollie and Bonnies relationship take place a few year before he bacame Green Arrow and that bonnie didn't inform Ollie that she had a daughter when she ran around as Arrowette.

Yes i am never giving up my quest to uncover the truth!

EDIT: just to add..
How would Dinah react?
probably by saying "took you damn long to figure that one out didn't you.. now.. Bruce owes me some money!".. she probably already suspects, and if she don't.. they i might point out that he has already fathered 2 children that came out of nowhere, and so shes used to it by now :p

I would love for Arrowette to get some screentime, at least...

I would love for Arrowette to get some screentime, at least...

first we get past that stupid vow.

then we need to give her a reason,... maybe she runs into speedy in the middle of a firefight and takes up the bow after speedy is wounded.

then we have to get Arsenal to take her on as an official apprentice/sidekick.
:word:

the creative team on green arrow: year one make for the most unintentionally hilarious cover credits i've ever seen; "diggle/jock".

first we get past that stupid vow.

then we need to give her a reason,... maybe she runs into speedy in the middle of a firefight and takes up the bow after speedy is wounded.

then we have to get Arsenal to take her on as an official apprentice/sidekick.
:word:

Or maybe she just gets killed in the next event by a bearded Monitor because she's some kinda universe jumper from Earth 47 or something.

I finally read GA #75 last night. I liked how Deathstroke spent $14 million on a device used to escape the Justice League...then on the next page, he was driving away in a crappy van. Nice work Winick & Co. That was pretty stupid to say the least.

But I liked the final page. I don't understand why Ollie has to resign?? It doesn't make any sense, and I thought he was a good mayor (for Star City that is). I don't think Tuckman will make a good mayor :o They should have kept the Mayor Ollie thing going for a while longer :down

But I liked the proposal, and the action. I've kept up with a good deal of this series since Kevin Smith's relaunch, and it's always been a fresh-paced book from the normal DC fare. Never the best, but good nonetheless.

But I liked the final page. I don't understand why Ollie has to resign?? It doesn't make any sense, and I thought he was a good mayor (for Star City that is). I don't think Tuckman will make a good mayor :o They should have kept the Mayor Ollie thing going for a while longer :down
Behind the scenes: Winnick chickened out of his OYL arc by reversing the whole "Green Arrow has become The Man" thing. As I understand it, DC is regretting quite a few of their OYL decisions.

In-Story: It was revealed that Ollie has been funding the Outsiders. Since OYL, the Outsiders have gone from a proactive superhero team to borderline terrorists (removing the president of an African nation from power and dumping him on a desert island--without the consent on the UN--will do that).

Behind the scenes: Winnick chickened out of his OYL arc by reversing the whole "Green Arrow has become The Man" thing. As I understand it, DC is regretting quite a few of their OYL decisions.

In-Story: It was revealed that Ollie has been funding the Outsiders. Since OYL, the Outsiders have gone from a proactive superhero team to borderline terrorists (removing the president of an African nation from power and dumping him on a desert island--without the consent on the UN--will do that).
don't forget nuking Russia :p

Well yeah, I got that much from the constant "outsiders-brow-beating" treatment in the last few issues of GA. But I don't read Outsiders so I just took it in stride.

Lame.

whatever happened to ollie being outted as green arrow to all of star city? they had a preview of that for one of the last issues and it never happened, as far as i can tell.

If Ollie was ever outed as Green Arrow, the people of Star City would collectively go "I knew something was up." He has one of the flimsiest secret identities ever. I wasn't even sure it was secret until recently. I mean, who's publicly marrying Black Canary? Green Arrow or Oliver Queen? God knows Dinah's identity is public (why people shop at her flower shop--which never gets blown up--I'll never know).

^^ yeah, they acted like that was going to happen, but it didn't?? It would have made more sense if that was why he stepped down.

It was even on the cover of issue #74....:huh:

If Ollie was ever outed as Green Arrow, the people of Star City would collectively go "I knew something was up." He has one of the flimsiest secret identities ever. I wasn't even sure it was secret until recently. I mean, who's publicly marrying Black Canary? Green Arrow or Oliver Queen? God knows Dinah's identity is public (why people shop at her flower shop--which never gets blown up--I'll never know).

didn't think so. i assume it'll be green arrow at the altar if it's public and ollie it it's a prviate ceremony. as for black canary, the lack of a secret identity could come back to bite her now that she's got sin to take care of. i guess it already has...

Looks like the Drug runners this time are actually drug runners and not just a pair of stoners :p

The burned village spin is really clever. Makes the drug runner thing seem much more realistic and fitting with him becomign a better man than before he got on that boat.

And the revealing his identity thing was that at all - the tagline was "Unmasked", and that referred to his being revealed as a funder of the outsiders.

K, I don't go into a comics store every week so I don't know.

I usually have to keep checking DC's website b/c of delays, but sometimes I might forget to check for 6 or 8 weeks?! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"